Author Topic: America Will Lose When Trump's Trade War Becomes A Currency War  (Read 1147 times)

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Key points within the article to consider:

America Loses When The Trade War Becomes A Currency War

There has been a longstanding narrative in economic circles that no matter what crisis occurs the U.S. dollar is essentially invincible. I have never been one to buy into this assumption.

Reason 1: Because I remember distinctly just before the derivatives and credit crisis in 2007/2008 the majority of mainstream economists were so certain that U.S. housing and debt markets were invincible, and they were terribly wrong. Whenever the mainstream financial media are confident of an outcome, expect the opposite to happen.

Reason 2: Because karma has a way of crushing grand illusions. When you proudly declare a Titanic “unsinkable,” nature or fate often tests that resolve and finds it wanting.

Reason 3: Because I understand that a primary goal of the internationalist, globalist, anti-sovereignty and New World Order crowd is to diminish U.S. economic performance dramatically, and this includes ending the reserve status and petro-status of the dollar in order to make way for a single global currency unit dictated by a single global economic administrator.

Mindless blind faith in the dollar (and U.S. treasury debt) seems to switch sides politically according to whose narrative it best suits

...there is indeed a global war brewing between major powers, but that this war will be fought primarily with financial weapons, not nukes. I also summarized my position that this war will be engineered by globalists deliberately to provide cover for something they call the “great economic reset.”

...The U.S. has only two major points of leverage in a trade war.

First, the U.S. dollar’s world reserve status, which I have already addressed as not a point of leverage at all unless the Fed continues stimulus indefinitely.

Second, the U.S. consumer. 

U.S. consumers and corporate buyers are sitting at historically high debt levels. In fact, their debt levels are higher than they were just before the crash of 2008.

...Without a massive resurrection of American manufacturing and production, we enter into a trade war with little ammunition because we remain dependent on foreign production and goods

Key takeaways that I gleaned from this that reinforce my position on where we sit and what comes next:

We are not invincible.  We are already in decline and fracturing at a high rate of speed politically and culturally.  Our currency is fiat and held up by debt and more debt with TRILLIONS in deficit spending for government and unfunded liabilities and other sundries to the tunes of many TENS OF TRILLIONS - more debt than exists wealth of the entire planet.

I am still convinced that whatever 'event' sets that avalanche of consequences tumbling down - Weimar will be seen as a picnic in comparison to what will unfold here.  The world is already moving away from the system that has existed since the end of WWII and making plans with other currencies to replace ours as the world reserve currency.  Deadly to a nation that no longer manufactures anything and what limited things it does, requires foreign materials to manufacture.

Meanwhile, government continues to spend trillions while ensconcing itself into permanent power over our lives.

Survival is always dependent on the potential victim understanding the reality of risks and knowing where the exits are and what to do in an event.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: America Will Lose When Trump's Trade War Becomes A Currency War
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2018, 07:39:16 pm »
Whenever the mainstream financial media are confident of an outcome, expect the opposite to happen.

Truer words were never spoken.  Mrs. Liberty watches the financial news for that very reason: To see what the talking heads are saying, so we can go in the opposite direction.

Example:  The gold bugs really went to town bragging about gold...right after it hit the all-time high several years ago.  Ask yourself, are the bugs Buyers, or Sellers?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 07:49:18 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2018, 07:47:20 pm »
I'm moving to Montana.  Roamer is going to rent me a two room mudhut next to his underground bunker in an undisclosed place near a dental floss farm..  So I got that going for me.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2018, 07:51:08 pm »
What the hell is alt-market.com ?

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2018, 07:54:59 pm »
I'm moving to Montana.  Roamer is going to rent me a two room mudhut next to his underground bunker in an undisclosed place near a dental floss farm..  So I got that going for me.

Waxed or Unwaxed Dental Floss.  Heard Trump was killing the subsidies on un waxed.  Putting the Zappa on those crops, I tell ya.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline WingNot

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2018, 07:57:30 pm »
Waxed or Unwaxed Dental Floss.  Heard Trump was killing the subsidies on un waxed.  Putting the Zappa on those crops, I tell ya.

We can avoid the Canadian tariffs if we ship them unwaxed and au naturel

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2018, 07:58:52 pm »
We can avoid the Canadian tariffs if we ship them unwaxed and au naturel

You know that's a pretty strong assumption that most Canadians have teeth.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline WingNot

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2018, 08:04:04 pm »
You know that's a pretty strong assumption that most Canadians have teeth.

Summar teeth. Summar are gums.

FYI:

Summer 2018 in Northern Hemisphere will begin on
Thursday, June 21

Offline endicom

« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 08:09:50 pm by endicom »