Author Topic: President Trump makes surprise appearance on 'Fox & Friends'  (Read 983 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

President Trump makes surprise appearance on 'Fox & Friends'
Fox News, Jun 15, 2018, YouTube

! No longer available

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCVSx_4V0wo

Re: President Trump makes surprise appearance on 'Fox & Friends'
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2018, 03:44:57 pm »
This is the unscheduled interview from yesterday.  Snippets of what the President said have been reported on ... so here's the unspun, full presser.

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2018, 03:48:40 pm »
For full disclosure ... the group of reporters waiting in the wings got their chance with the President.  Here it is...

! No longer available

"One more time ... President Obama gave away Crimea".   (Last answer)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOBd213OinI

« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 03:54:34 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2018, 04:43:26 pm »
The president meets the press – in a most unusual way
American Thinker, Jun 16, 2018, Peter Barry Chowka

A unique encounter between the president of the United States and the press took place outside the White House on Friday morning, June 15.  It immediately made news for being both a historic first and for what was said.

At 8:25 A.M. E.T., President Trump strolled out of the West Wing and over to the Fox News camera position a hundred or so yards away on the North Lawn, where Fox & Friends co-host Steve Doocy was doing live reports for his and his colleagues' morning show that was being produced back at Fox News HQ in New York.  The Secret Service kept the mob of White House press back as Doocy attached a lapel microphone to the president and then, standing next to him in the morning sun, proceeded to question him uninterrupted for the next half-hour.  The rest of the press, one-upped by Fox, was struggling to listen as its members were corralled in a pack several yards away.

At 9 A.M. Doocy had to sign off when Fox & Friends ended, but the fun wasn't quite over.  President Trump sidled over to the press gaggle and proceeded to submit to a wide variety of questions shouted at him for the next twenty minutes.  That encounter was broadcast live by CNN, Fox News, and MSNBC.  According to the instant analysis, nothing like it had ever been seen before in the history of the White House.  President Trump was in classic form as he parried challenging questions from the same folks who have been giving his press secretary, Sarah Huckabee Sanders, an especially hard time this week during the daily press briefings.

Reporting about the impromptu press conference immediately rose to the top of the daily news cycle.  With approximately 95% of the mainstream media opposed to the president and his policies, the following headlines were typical:

7 absolutely bonkers moments from Donald Trump's impromptu White House lawn press conference – Salon
There's an Elderly Man on the White House Lawn and He May Not Be Well – Esquire
Donald Trump's Friday morning proves the massive danger of sitting down with Robert Mueller – CNN

I happened to be watching the whole thing as it was broadcast live and – being of sound and objective mind – I didn't see what all the fuss was about.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/06/the_president_meets_the_press__in_a_most_unusual_way.html

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2018, 05:25:19 pm »
I can't remember a president who had the balls to randomly head out into the press and take random questions like Donny does. It is pretty remarkable not only that he does it, but that he never seems flappable by their nonsense questions.

Hell, it was a national event when Obama would bless the WH Press room with his presence every two years for canned questions and soft balls.

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2018, 05:51:38 pm »
I can't remember a president who had the balls to randomly head out into the press and take random questions like Donny does. It is pretty remarkable not only that he does it, but that he never seems flappable by their nonsense questions.

Hell, it was a national event when Obama would bless the WH Press room with his presence every two years for canned questions and soft balls.

Agreed.  Trump was blessed with the brass ones. 

I do not necessarily agree with every position the POTUS takes, but there is no fear in that man!

"It's fun; baseball's fun."  Yogi Berra

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2018, 06:08:48 pm »
This is the unscheduled interview from yesterday.  Snippets of what the President said have been reported on ... so here's the unspun, full presser.

@Right_in_Virginia
Thank you for posting these.  While I don't agree with some of what the president does, and I often don't like his behavior, it's good to see him directly and not just filtered through media that hate him.  It doesn't mean I'll necessarily like it any better, but it's important to confirm directly when practicable.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2018, 06:33:07 pm »

Thanks @Right_in_Virginia   That was a fun interview to watch.

Whatever one might think about Trump, his energy is just amazing.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2018, 06:41:10 pm »

Trump actually waited a long time between press conferences early on, and I was concerned about that.  I give him credit for facing the press more often now. 
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline libertybele

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2018, 07:14:19 pm »
I believe he needs to take this a step further than just a random "appearance" on a 'conservative' (and I use that term loosely) talk show.

He needs to address the American public; they have a right to know; but most importantly, what is HE going to do about what has happened?  Crimes have been committed.  He needs to act, swiftly and effectively and clean up his DOJ and the FBI.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2018, 07:57:23 pm »
I believe he needs to take this a step further than just a random "appearance" on a 'conservative' (and I use that term loosely) talk show.

He needs to address the American public; they have a right to know; but most importantly, what is HE going to do about what has happened?  Crimes have been committed.  He needs to act, swiftly and effectively and clean up his DOJ and the FBI.

I think he did address the American public this morning.  It is being re-broadcast and shown on Facebook.

I'm not sure exactly what he can do to clean up those two agencies.  Do you know?

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2018, 08:00:20 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia
Thank you for posting these.  While I don't agree with some of what the president does, and I often don't like his behavior, it's good to see him directly and not just filtered through media that hate him.  It doesn't mean I'll necessarily like it any better, but it's important to confirm directly when practicable.

Welcome @Suppressed ... and I, too, think it's always best to hear something directly from the President rather than quoted for spin by a "reporter".

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2018, 08:02:41 pm »
Thanks @Right_in_Virginia   That was a fun interview to watch.

Whatever one might think about Trump, his energy is just amazing.

They actually clipped the really fun part ... when the President walked out of his office and was swarmed by reporters.  He kept swatting them away (almost literally) and made his way to the Fox booth.   :laugh:

The President did circle back to the others to take questions (that's the second video).  What a difference!

@Emjay

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2018, 08:24:42 pm »
They actually clipped the really fun part ... when the President walked out of his office and was swarmed by reporters.  He kept swatting them away (almost literally) and made his way to the Fox booth.   :laugh:

The President did circle back to the others to take questions (that's the second video).  What a difference!

@Emjay

He (Trump) is an amazing guy.  He has such confidence and energy.  He seems to be able to be diplomatic overseas and make friends out of enemies.

He is unflappable.  I am a convert.  I think he is doing good things.