Author Topic: Jimmy Trump  (Read 5950 times)

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Jimmy Trump
« on: June 14, 2018, 06:23:54 pm »
The Artist of the Deal channeled his inner Jimmy Carter when meeting an artist of tyranny
By Yours Truly
https://www.themaven.net/theresurgent/community/jimmy-trump-bsZydn3W3U2gXZdpko4tGA/

At the apparent height of his post-presidential, free-lance career as a citizen diplomat, Jimmy Carter found the most ill-reputed of leaders "charming," and "reasonable," including North Korea's Kim Il Sung. He was "despotism's short-term ambassador to Washington," as Murray Kempton once phrased it in elegant disgust. Thus did Carter step in when Bill Clinton, the sitting president, quaked over North Korea's nuclear potential. Think nothing of it, Carter's message to Clinton said in essence, Kim is rather agreeable, after all.

That from a former president who found Haiti's brutalitarian Gen. Raoul Cedras just such a charming fellow, too, Carter going far enough to verbally spank Clinton for concluding Cedras a dictator, even as Carter thought nothing about Haitian police under Cedras's control beating protesting demonstrators to death. Even a few years after Carter thought nothing about writing the heads of United Nations Security Council member states imploring them against George H.W. Bush's bid to mobilise allies on behalf of yanking Saddam Hussein back out of Kuwait.

"He described that action as 'not appropriate, perhaps'." Kempton wrote, harking to Carter's remark to another columnist. "One could well think of harsher appellations. Raising his objections to his countrymen would, of course, have been appropriate . . . Instead, he addressed private letters to foreign potentates in a design to rally them against his own government. Such is the pretentious effrontery inescapable for anyone who sets himself up to persuade the voters that they were wrong not to reelect a saint."

Donald Trump isn't a former president on a mission to persuade voters they were wrong not to reelect a saint, but he has this much in common with Carter: apparent insight into the virtues of despots whose stocks in trade usually include slaughters of the innocents and sometimes marry those to nuclear potential.

Kim Jong Un, said Trump at the conclusion of their Singapore boys' day out, is "very talented. Anybody who takes over a situation like he did at 26 years of age and is able to run it, and run it tough. I don't say he was nice or say anything about it. He ran it, few people at that age---you could take one out of ten thousand, could not do it."

That Kim was 28 when he took over the situation like he did is merely another of Trump's small details insouciantly ignored, as might be a definition of running it tough. That definition includes the gulag from which have sprung such defectors as Jung Gwang-il, who has told those who will listen about prisoners confined and brutalised for nothing civil society would consider criminal and dying delayed deaths after fellow prisoners could not bear to bury the dead under the impairments of brutal winters.

Trump can't be unaware of the bestial torments in Kim's gulag unless he praised without substance North Korean defector Ji Seong-ho during his last State of the Union. But he believes Kim "loves his country very much" and "his country does love him. His people, you see the fervor. They have a great fervor." As do any people who bring it upon demand under penalty of death. As do the gulag inmates who die slowly in winters with their bodies left in latrine sheds until it isn't too prohibitively cold to bury them.

Trump's proper wish for peace has gained nothing more thus far than a vague North Korean promise to think about disarming while the United States promises to put the brakes on joint military exercises with South Korea. His agreement with Kim "merely reaffirmed the terms of a joint declaration by Kim and President Moon Jae-in after their summit in April," says South Korea's newspaper of record, Chosun Ilbo, "and only holds Kim to working 'towards complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula,' which could mean anything. In short, it represents no progress and achieves nothing."

The newspaper's editors, observed Andrew Eggers in The Weekly Standard, "were cautiously optimistic in the days leading up to the summit, and have previously insisted on the importance of Seoul staying 'on Trump’s good side' rather than attempting to conduct diplomacy with North Korea alone. But South Koreans, with the historically bloodthirsty Kims at their doorstep, have even more skin in this dangerous game than the Americans do. The White House would do well to heed their protestations. There’s a lot more work to be done.”

You can hear the least malleable of Trump's sycophancy telling themselves Kim wouldn't even think about double-crossing the Artist of the Deal, which would move Trump into a position of hard influence he has not yet secured and Kim out of lockstep with the classic artistry of the double cross.

The men and women in Kim's gulag hear just as well as those in the Soviet gulag once heard Ronald Reagan meet and negotiate with Soviet leaders without taking his eye or his voice away from Soviet actualities. Now they've seen and heard Trump greet a murderous tyrant like a lost son, allowing him enough to reconsecrate the ground on which a double cross is not a diminished prospect, without Trump cocking an ear or lending a voice to North Korean actualities. Saint Carter would not be ashamed.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Jimmy Trump
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2018, 06:46:31 pm »
What a load of effing horseshit. Trump is dealing with a megalomaniac nut with nukes. There is no doubt where Trump stands on this issue as evidenced by the last year of battling he had with the little bastard. Jimmy Carter et al actually liked these dictators. Trump does not. Trump is trying to get one to do something he doesn't by stroking him. Big effing difference.

This piece amounts to nothing more than the panicked circle jerk that can be found on any hour of MSNBC over Trump making headway with this azzhole. In there eyes Trump has gone from a mad man about to get us blown up a couple months ago to a boot licker to thugs today? Retarded on about ten different levels.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2018, 07:02:13 pm »
This piece amounts to nothing more than the panicked circle jerk that can be found on any hour of MSNBC over Trump making headway with this azzhole. In there eyes Trump has gone from a mad man about to get us blown up a couple months ago to a boot licker to thugs today? Retarded on about ten different levels.
He isn't exactly fabled for being tough on thugs in the past . . .

He's running his country and at least he's a leader, you know, unlike what we have in this country. I think our country does plenty of killing, also.---About Vladimir Putin.

I said that is a strong, powerful government that put it down with strength. And then they kept down the riot. It was a horrible thing. It doesn't mean at all I was endorsing it.---About the Chinese regime's Tiananmen Square massacre.

He certainly doesn't want to see turmoil and death. He doesn't want to see it. He is a good man. He is a very good man and I got to know him very well.---About Chinese tyrant Xi Jinping, whose distaste for turmoil and death seems to include leading the world in executions (to say nothing of courts with about a 99.9 percent conviction rate the majority of which depend upon confessions, and nobody needs me to remind them what a Communist regime's "confessions" amount to).

I just want to let everybody know, in case there was any doubt, that we are very much behind President al-Sisi. He's done a fantastic job in a very difficult situation. We are very much behind Egypt and the people of Egypt. And the United States has, believe me, backing, and we have strong backing. ... And I just want to say to you, Mr. President, that you have a great friend and ally in the United States and in me.---On Egypt's president, whose fantastic job in difficult situations includes killing about 800 protesters in a single day, quashing public criticism of the government, and scores of trials close enough to be called show trials in hand with torture of those detained for trial before they're even prosecuted, never mind convicted. al-Sisi was also quoted once as saying, "Please, don't listen to anyone but me. I am dead serious. Be careful, no one should abuse my patience and good manners to bring down the state. I swear by God that anyone who comes near it, I will remove him from the face of the Earth. I am telling you this as the whole of Egypt is listening. What do you think you're doing? Who are you?"

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Offline AmericanaPrime

• Americana Prime
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2018, 10:44:29 pm »
Let me see if I can explain my theory on all of this. I believe Trump is a transactional, pragmatic individual. He “praises” dictators because he believes he can still make a positive transaction for the United States.

So much of foreign policy deals in wishy washy thought experiments like “oh such and such is so horrible, we can’t possibly legitimize them, and we wish they weren’t in charge.” Trump deals in reality. These people are world leaders, and unless we are going to war with them, we better find a way to get along and make the most of the situation.

Let me ask this: Let’s say Kim has thousands in Gulags. Those have been around for decades because we ignored them and didn’t make a deal. What’s smarter if you want to stop them, work with the person to bring them into the 21st century and the world market, or ignore them and let them go on for decades?

I’d argue it’s better to flatter, get denuclearization, then go after human rights abuses.

This won’t happen fast, it took Reagan two years to get the INF.

But it will happen.
Visit my website @ AmericanaPrime.com!

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2018, 10:57:31 pm »
He isn't exactly fabled for being tough on thugs in the past . . .

Here we have a situation where Progressive politicians that seem to mirror your sentiments like Bush, Clinton, Bush, Obama allowed Iran and North Korea to get a nuke when we all knew it would be impossible to deal with them if they did. Now we have the Rockefeller/Globalist/Fag sector of the country/world that allowed this to happen whine and bitch about the methods being used to do the impossible, that being putting the God damn genie into the bottle again, are not up to their snuff. I frankly don't give a shit if Trump has to give this little bastard a hand job on live TV. If that is what it takes to stop another never ending war, men and women getting killed needlessly, Pacific countries blowing up and cleaning up the disastrous messes that all of your favored politician dumped on humanity, so effing be it.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2018, 11:40:32 pm »
My favourite politicians aren't named Bush, Clinton, or Obama, or Trump, for that matter. I happen not to have favourite politicians. To me they're all part of a criminal class. (Maybe I should find another phrase for "criminal class," since there are harder criminals than them who at least have some class.) The crimes include abetting the Kims obtaining nuclear weapons while making nice with him (in fact or in absentia) while saying nothing of his victims and allowing them to languish in the belief that no one cares to acknowledge or speak for them while playing kissy face with their tormentor(s).

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2018, 12:34:59 am »
Jimmy gave the Norks tons of food, oil and nuclear reactors.  And money.  Trump just did nothing of the sort, the trade embargoes are still in place.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Concerned

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2018, 06:07:23 pm »
Trump's proper wish for peace has gained nothing more thus far than a vague North Korean promise to think about disarming while the United States promises to put the brakes on joint military exercises with South Korea. His agreement with Kim "merely reaffirmed the terms of a joint declaration by Kim and President Moon Jae-in after their summit in April," says South Korea's newspaper of record, Chosun Ilbo, "and only holds Kim to working 'towards complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula,' which could mean anything. In short, it represents no progress and achieves nothing."

The fact that the joint statement recycled old language that North Korea previously agreed to seems clear to me that nothing new was accomplished here (in terms of tangible results of actual verifiable denuclearization by NK) contrary to the President's declaration that "there is no longer a Nuclear Threat from North Korea."   *****rollingeyes*****  The fact that he and many of his supporters seem to think the problem is solved and that we should be celebrating is disturbing.  Look, we may eventually get there.  I hope we do.  As Pompeo has noted, we're years away (2 to 2.5 years).  I think we need to put the cork back in the champagne bottle until we have a written agreement ensuring complete, verifiable and irreversible denuclearization (CVID) of North Korea.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2018, 06:22:50 pm »
Jimmy gave the Norks tons of food, oil and nuclear reactors.  And money.  Trump just did nothing of the sort, the trade embargoes are still in place.

Will you stop.  Can't you see logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2018, 06:33:40 pm »
My favourite politicians aren't named Bush, Clinton, or Obama, or Trump, for that matter. I happen not to have favourite politicians. To me they're all part of a criminal class. (Maybe I should find another phrase for "criminal class," since there are harder criminals than them who at least have some class.) The crimes include abetting the Kims obtaining nuclear weapons while making nice with him (in fact or in absentia) while saying nothing of his victims and allowing them to languish in the belief that no one cares to acknowledge or speak for them while playing kissy face with their tormentor(s).

Don't bother with Frank...he's freakin the Left Defensive Tackle of the DC Orange Goons. He  loves to rush,and is going in for the blitz.  All fluster

Within 5 minutes you'll get finesse from the defensive backs (or should I say hacks)  DCP, RIV, and their water boy Tom Sea.

Your well crafted blasphemy will not go unanswered.

p.s.  Easy ace.....  sorry I didn't use a baseball analogy.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 06:38:45 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2018, 06:35:07 pm »
Will you stop.  Can't you see logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead.

"Sloppy dead?"  Sounds like a new turn of a phrase, but it fits....

Is that "drowning in a toilet of your own vomit," or "falling into a plastic shredder" sloppy?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline WingNot

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2018, 06:41:14 pm »
"Sloppy dead?"  Sounds like a new turn of a phrase, but it fits....

Is that "drowning in a toilet of your own vomit," or "falling into a plastic shredder" sloppy?

You are on the right track.  I'm pretty sure it has drug connotations since I stole it from Grace Slick.   :beer:

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2018, 06:46:05 pm »
Here we have a situation where Progressive politicians that seem to mirror your sentiments like Bush, Clinton, Bush, Obama allowed Iran and North Korea to get a nuke when we all knew it would be impossible to deal with them if they did. Now we have the Rockefeller/Globalist/Fag sector of the country/world that allowed this to happen whine and bitch about the methods being used to do the impossible, that being putting the God damn genie into the bottle again, are not up to their snuff. I frankly don't give a shit if Trump has to give this little bastard a hand job on live TV. If that is what it takes to stop another never ending war, men and women getting killed needlessly, Pacific countries blowing up and cleaning up the disastrous messes that all of your favored politician dumped on humanity, so effing be it.

Frank....

Within the past few days I heard an DJT interview were he complained of attacks on him as attacks on his "followers"  (supporters?)

How freakin' cult like is that?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2018, 06:51:57 pm »
Frank....

Within the past few days I heard an DJT interview were he complained of attacks on him as attacks on his "followers"  (supporters?)

While I agree the choice of the word "followers" was a poor one, the IG report did, in fact, show a general war had been declared on his "supporters," including a lot of people who didn't like Trump but were prepared to vote for him over Hillary.  Reminded me a lot of Obastard's "bitter clingers" remark.
I will NOT comply.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2018, 07:08:16 pm »
p.s.  Easy ace.....  sorry I didn't use a baseball analogy.
@catfish1957
You are forgiven. Say three Hail Koufaxes and perform one Station of the Mays. ;)

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2018, 07:10:01 pm »
Frank....

@catfish1957
At least as cultish as Donaldus Minimus saying he wants "his" people to sit up at attention like Kim Jong Un's.

Offline WingNot

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2018, 07:15:03 pm »
@catfish1957
At least as cultish as Donaldus Minimus saying he wants "his" people to sit up at attention like Kim Jong Un's.

We "His People" don't have a fancy salute yet.  A good cult needs that or a password at minimum.  Or a handshake...maybe a bow.   

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2018, 07:22:27 pm »
We "His People" don't have a fancy salute yet.  A good cult needs that or a password at minimum.  Or a handshake...maybe a bow.

A spiffy handshake will do, Brother Wingnut.
I will NOT comply.

Offline WingNot

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2018, 07:31:00 pm »
A spiffy handshake will do, Brother Wingnut.

True.   :cool:   :pondering:   :silly: :silly:

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2018, 08:10:11 pm »
@Wingnut
There have been times I thought this was the salute, or at least the bugle call . . .

! No longer available

Offline WingNot

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2018, 08:17:13 pm »
@Wingnut
There have been times I thought this was the salute, or at least the bugle call . . .

! No longer available

The Raspberries!  I like it!

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2018, 08:43:15 pm »
@Wingnut
I preferred these Raspberries . . .

The Raspberries, "Cruisin' Music"

! No longer available

Offline WingNot

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2018, 08:44:17 pm »
@Wingnut
I preferred these Raspberries . . .

The Raspberries, "Cruisin' Music"

LOL.   :beer:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2018, 08:47:19 pm »

Ironically, that's a character who lives in Queens doing a Bronx Cheer.
I will NOT comply.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2018, 08:57:35 pm »
Ironically, that's a character who lives in Queens doing a Bronx Cheer.
Well, let's not get technical . . . ;)