Author Topic: Both Parties Agree: This Woman Might Be Our First Female President  (Read 5970 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Both Parties Agree: This Woman Might Be Our First Female President
« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2018, 04:59:35 am »
This might actually get to SCOTUS.  A bunch of cases about Obama got tossed for lack of standing.  But, now that's a Republican potential candidate, the Judges will be crawling all over each other trying to throw her out.

Even Electors in the College lacked standing, as did other Candidates.

SCOTUS has never applied the term "natural born citizen" to any other category than “those born in the country of parents who are citizens thereof”

The Venus, 12 U.S. 8 Cranch 253 253 (1814)

The natives or indigenes are those born in the country of parents who are citizens.

Minor v. Happersett , 88 U.S. 162 (1875)

At common law, with the nomenclature of which the framers of the Constitution were familiar, it was never doubted that all children born in a country of parents who were its citizens became themselves, upon their birth, citizens also. These were natives or natural-born citizens,

United States v. Wong Kim Ark, 169 U.S. 649 (1898)

(A)ll children, born in a country of parents who were its citizens, became themselves, upon their birth, citizens also. These were natives, or natural-born citizens, as distinguished from aliens or foreigners.

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2018, 12:17:31 pm »
This might actually get to SCOTUS.  A bunch of cases about Obama got tossed for lack of standing.  But, now that's a Republican potential candidate, the Judges will be crawling all over each other trying to throw her out.

@Cyber Liberty

Ahhh,but the SC is more political than Congress. They won't dare make a decision without wetting their thumbs and sticking them up in the air to see which way the wind is blowing,and she is NOT equal to thee and me. She is a minority AND a woman. A political twofer. Not one chance in  hell of them saying she can't run.

This is America,where everyone is equal,but some are more equal than others.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #52 on: June 15, 2018, 01:00:52 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

Ahhh,but the SC is more political than Congress. They won't dare make a decision without wetting their thumbs and sticking them up in the air to see which way the wind is blowing,and she is NOT equal to thee and me. She is a minority AND a woman. A political twofer. Not one chance in  hell of them saying she can't run.

This is America,where everyone is equal,but some are more equal than others.

You make a good point.  Mine was the rules are different for Republicans than Democrats.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #53 on: June 15, 2018, 01:02:55 pm »
SCOTUS has never applied the term "natural born citizen" to any other category than “those born in the country of parents who are citizens thereof”

The Venus, 12 U.S. 8 Cranch 253 253 (1814)

The natives or indigenes are those born in the country of parents who are citizens.

Minor v. Happersett , 88 U.S. 162 (1875)

At common law, with the nomenclature of which the framers of the Constitution were familiar, it was never doubted that all children born in a country of parents who were its citizens became themselves, upon their birth, citizens also. These were natives or natural-born citizens,

United States v. Wong Kim Ark, 169 U.S. 649 (1898)

(A)ll children, born in a country of parents who were its citizens, became themselves, upon their birth, citizens also. These were natives, or natural-born citizens, as distinguished from aliens or foreigners.

I find it discouraging that all cases were thrown out over Standing during the Obastard rein of terror.  We don't have any recent cases that were decided on Merit.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #54 on: June 15, 2018, 01:14:41 pm »
I think that all of this has been quite clearly laid out in the Supreme Court ruling Rowan v. U.S. Post Office Dept. where they stated that if a Presidential candidate is A) smokin' hot and B) has eaten carrots in the last 20 years they are eligible for to run for that office regardless of where their parents came from.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #55 on: June 15, 2018, 01:19:21 pm »
I always found the one good use of lawyers is to interpret the laws.  I let them do the research

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/natural_born_citizen

Anyone born after the adoption of the U.S. Constitution in 1787 must be a "natural born Citizen" of the United States to constitutionally fill the office of President or Vice-President.  See U.S. Const. art. II, § 1; id. at amend. XII. The constitution does not expressly define “natural born” nor has the Supreme Court ever ruled precisely upon its meaning. One can be a citizen while not being a "natural born" citizen if, for example, they gained their citizenship through the process of naturalization.

Consensus exists that anyone born on U.S. soil and subject to its jurisdiction is a natural born citizen, regardless of parental citizenship. See United States v. Wong Kim Ark; 14th Amendment. The Supreme Court noted in Perkins v. Elg that this is true even of citizens who were born in the United States yet grew up in foreign countries.

https://harvardlawreview.org/2015/03/on-the-meaning-of-natural-born-citizen/

While some constitutional issues are truly difficult, with framing-era sources either nonexistent or contradictory, here, the relevant materials clearly indicate that a “natural born Citizen” means a citizen from birth with no need to go through naturalization proceedings. The Supreme Court has long recognized that two particularly useful sources in understanding constitutional terms are British common law
3. See Smith v. Alabama, 124 U.S. 465, 478 (1888).
 and enactments of the First Congress.
4. See Wisconsin v. Pelican Ins. Co., 127 U.S. 265, 297 (1888).
Both confirm that the original meaning of the phrase “natural born Citizen” includes persons born abroad who are citizens from birth based on the citizenship of a parent.

https://www.heritage.org/constitution/#!/articles/2/essays/82/presidential-eligibility

Under the longstanding English common-law principle of jus soli, persons born within the territory of the sovereign (other than children of enemy aliens or foreign diplomats) are citizens from birth. Thus, those persons born within the United States are "natural born citizens" and eligible to be President.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 01:25:04 pm by driftdiver »
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #56 on: June 15, 2018, 01:32:18 pm »
I always found the one good use of lawyers is to interpret the laws.  I let them do the research

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/natural_born_citizen

Anyone born after the adoption of the U.S. Constitution in 1787 must be a "natural born Citizen" of the United States to constitutionally fill the office of President or Vice-President.  See U.S. Const. art. II, § 1; id. at amend. XII. The constitution does not expressly define “natural born” nor has the Supreme Court ever ruled precisely upon its meaning. One can be a citizen while not being a "natural born" citizen if, for example, they gained their citizenship through the process of naturalization.

Consensus exists that anyone born on U.S. soil and subject to its jurisdiction is a natural born citizen, regardless of parental citizenship. See United States v. Wong Kim Ark; 14th Amendment. The Supreme Court noted in Perkins v. Elg that this is true even of citizens who were born in the United States yet grew up in foreign countries.

https://harvardlawreview.org/2015/03/on-the-meaning-of-natural-born-citizen/

While some constitutional issues are truly difficult, with framing-era sources either nonexistent or contradictory, here, the relevant materials clearly indicate that a “natural born Citizen” means a citizen from birth with no need to go through naturalization proceedings. The Supreme Court has long recognized that two particularly useful sources in understanding constitutional terms are British common law
3. See Smith v. Alabama, 124 U.S. 465, 478 (1888).
 and enactments of the First Congress.
4. See Wisconsin v. Pelican Ins. Co., 127 U.S. 265, 297 (1888).
Both confirm that the original meaning of the phrase “natural born Citizen” includes persons born abroad who are citizens from birth based on the citizenship of a parent.

https://www.heritage.org/constitution/#!/articles/2/essays/82/presidential-eligibility

Under the longstanding English common-law principle of jus soli, persons born within the territory of the sovereign (other than children of enemy aliens or foreign diplomats) are citizens from birth. Thus, those persons born within the United States are "natural born citizens" and eligible to be President.

Patently false! 

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Applewood

« Reply #57 on: June 15, 2018, 01:35:11 pm »
Thanks @driftdiver   I remember both of these treatises from the fight over Ted Cruz's eligibility. 

Unfortunately, neither really settles the specific issue as to a presidential candidate.  As I said before, this is just going to have to be laid at SCOTUS' feet. 

Of course, we are getting ahead of ourselves.  There is, as yet, no indication Nikki Haley is even interested in a presidential run.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2018, 01:38:16 pm »
Thanks @driftdiver   I remember both of these treatises from the fight over Ted Cruz's eligibility. 

Unfortunately, neither really settles the specific issue as to a presidential candidate.  As I said before, this is just going to have to be laid at SCOTUS' feet. 

Of course, we are getting ahead of ourselves.  There is, as yet, no indication Nikki Haley is even interested in a presidential run.

@Applewood
See my reply #50 above.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 01:42:06 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #59 on: June 15, 2018, 01:40:34 pm »

Yep but I doubt it will ever get that far.

I'm more disturbed that she has covered up her background.   I never imagined that she is of Indian parents.    I might have said American Indian but not the other.   Here I thought she was Italian all this time.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #60 on: June 15, 2018, 01:45:52 pm »

I'm more disturbed that she has covered up her background.   I never imagined that she is of Indian parents.    I might have said American Indian but not the other.   Here I thought she was Italian all this time.

Hmmm.  I don't know that she covered up her ethnicity.  First time I heard of Mrs. Haley, I looked up her bio and there it was.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #61 on: June 15, 2018, 01:52:20 pm »
Hmmm.  I don't know that she covered up her ethnicity.  First time I heard of Mrs. Haley, I looked up her bio and there it was.

Ok I confess, I never looked up her bio.  I was too busy looking at her legs.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #62 on: June 15, 2018, 01:52:31 pm »

DD, she hasn't "covered up" her background.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 01:53:06 pm by Sanguine »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #63 on: June 15, 2018, 01:59:19 pm »
DD, she hasn't "covered up" her background.

Of course she hasn't. She has a decent ass. Why not show it off?

Offline Applewood

« Reply #64 on: June 15, 2018, 02:06:05 pm »
Ok I confess, I never looked up her bio.  I was too busy looking at her legs.

Hey I won't fault you for that.  She is a looker.  Great combination -- looks, brains and toughness when necessary. 

Certainly a helluva lot better than Hillary.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #65 on: June 15, 2018, 02:09:11 pm »

@Applewood

Uh,huh. Good point! After all,we know she not the tiniest bit ambitious or interested in politics.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #66 on: June 15, 2018, 02:11:49 pm »

@driftdiver

Dot Indian,Italian,or Mongolian. What difference does it make where her ancestors came from? Some of mine were already here when the British landed,and committed the first massacre on British citizens here. Others came later,and one only stopped by as a temporary visitor.

Nobody has any say or control over who their ancestors are,only over who THEY are.

BTW,how did she cover up her background? The very first time I remember hearing her name she was identified as the daughter of immigrants from India. If it was supposed to be a secret,it's right up there with being one of the worst kept secrets in history.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 02:13:46 pm by sneakypete »

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #67 on: June 15, 2018, 02:12:27 pm »

She doesn't 'cover up' her background. Some people simply don't wear their ancestor's heritage on their sleeve. Her parents were Sikh, but she is a Christian so she obviously doesn't choose to wear Sikh garb or observe all their traditions. (she had an article about this in Christianity Today a few years ago).

I'm mostly Native American, but I don't go around wearing feathers and bear claws. (mostly). :)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #68 on: June 15, 2018, 02:14:14 pm »

Even Electors in the College lacked standing, as did other Candidates.

It was an issue with a Republican candidate- McCain. It was a minor blip.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #69 on: June 15, 2018, 02:17:07 pm »
She doesn't 'cover up' her background. Some people simply don't wear their ancestor's heritage on their sleeve. Her parents were Sikh, but she is a Christian so she obviously doesn't choose to wear Sikh garb or observe all their traditions. (she had an article about this in Christianity Today a few years ago).

I'm mostly Native American, but I don't go around wearing feathers and bear claws. (mostly). :)

OK I get it, she didn't cover it up.  I just never realized it.   sheesh

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #70 on: June 15, 2018, 02:18:24 pm »
@driftdiver

Dot Indian,Italian,or Mongolian. What difference does it make where her ancestors came from? Some of mine were already here when the British landed,and committed the first massacre on British citizens here. Others came later,and one only stopped by as a temporary visitor.

Nobody has any say or control over who their ancestors are,only over who THEY are.

BTW,how did she cover up her background? The very first time I remember hearing her name she was identified as the daughter of immigrants from India. If it was supposed to be a secret,it's right up there with being one of the worst kept secrets in history.

@sneakypete
I don't care what a persons ethnicity is, however when people seem to hide it then I get suspicious.

She's very ambitious, that much is obvious.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #71 on: June 15, 2018, 02:49:11 pm »
@sneakypete

She's very ambitious, that much is obvious.

@driftdiver

Of course she is. No one reaches the political positions she has held and does hold that isn't uber ambitious.

Nobody in politics even understands what the word "shy" means.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #72 on: June 15, 2018, 02:55:58 pm »
It was an issue with a Republican candidate- McCain. It was a minor blip.

It also came up with Romney. His dad was born in Mexico or some shit like that.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #73 on: June 17, 2018, 05:32:30 am »
How successful were we in keeping "irregardless" out of the dictionary?

Heh heh.

Or "hopefully" out of near everyone's discourse?
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline libertybele

« Reply #74 on: June 17, 2018, 11:59:56 am »
She was born in the U.S. and her parents 'emigrated' from India. That term is from Wiki .... so she was born on American soil. However, her parents were not U.S. citizens.  Same scenario for Rubio who ran in '16.

Haley was born Nimrata Randhawa in Bamberg, South Carolina, on January 20, 1972 to an Indian American Sikh family. She had always been called "Nikki" by her family. Her father Ajit Singh Randhawa, and mother Raj Kaur Randhawa, emigrated from Amritsar District, Punjab, India...........

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikki_Haley
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.