Author Topic: DNC Quietly Adopts Ban On Fossil Fuel Company Donations  (Read 578 times)

Offline Suppressed

DNC Quietly Adopts Ban On Fossil Fuel Company Donations
« on: June 13, 2018, 01:07:40 am »
DNC Quietly Adopts Ban On Fossil Fuel Company Donations
The move is a step toward purging oil, gas and coal industry influence on the Democratic Party’s climate policies.
By Alexander C. Kaufman  06/12/2018 02:42 pm ET Updated 4 hours ago
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/dnc-ban-fossil-fuel-donations_us_5b20116ae4b09d7a3d77d094?qkp

The Democratic National Committee voted over the weekend to ban donations from fossil fuel companies, HuffPost has learned.

The resolution ― proposed by Christine Pelosi, a party activist and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi’s daughter ― bars the organization from accepting contributions from corporate political action committees tied to the oil, gas and coal industries. The executive committee voted unanimously to approve the motion.

“We talk about how climate change is real and climate change is a planetary emergency, what we need to do is stop taking money from the institutions that have created this crisis,” said RL Miller, president of the super PAC Climate Hawks Vote Political Action and a co-author of the resolution.

The DNC may consider a second resolution at a full board meeting in Chicago in August to ban contributions over $200 from individuals who work for the fossil fuel industry. Miller said the proposal ― which has not yet been submitted to the DNC ― will hopefully lead candidates to adopt similar policies.

[...]
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: DNC Quietly Adopts Ban On Fossil Fuel Company Donations
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 01:11:14 am »
"When your enemy seems intent on suicide render all possible aid"

Sun Tzu, The Art of War
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fantom

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 01:25:36 am »
"When your enemy seems intent on suicide render all possible aid"

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

:beer:  Yep, works for me.  My side will take them. Just like when democrats denied God Three times before the Cock Crowed.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2018, 01:53:42 am »
"The Democratic National Committee voted over the weekend to ban donations from fossil fuel companies, HuffPost has learned."

This is GREAT. I cannot overstate this.

Those companies will still want to give their money to whomever they believe they can work with.

The Republican candidates will be happy to take it !

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2018, 04:34:26 am »
The DNC may consider a second resolution at a full board meeting in Chicago in August to ban contributions over $200 from individuals who work for the fossil fuel industry.

Who, who actually works in the fossil fuel industry would donate to a Democrat, anyway?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2018, 04:55:50 am »
Who, who actually works in the fossil fuel industry would donate to a Democrat, anyway?

Knowing these people as I do, I suspect we'll discover, years from now, more Money Laundering to get around their phony ban through 2 or 3 levels of more Phony Charitable Foundations.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Fantom

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2018, 04:58:59 am »

There are probably some. Life on the rig, is no doubt difficult for them.

As it should be.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2018, 03:27:17 pm »
So, I'm guessing this will be made into a campaign issue.