Author Topic: GMO “golden rice” over-hyped nutrition claims dismantled by none other than the FDA  (Read 459 times)

rangerrebew

GMO “golden rice” over-hyped nutrition claims dismantled by none other than the FDA

Tuesday, June 12, 2018 by: Isabelle Z.   

(Natural News) Golden rice was once touted as a miracle food that would save the world from vitamin A deficiency and the health problems it can cause. Two decades later, the rice has failed to deliver on its promises – as many predicted – and the future for this GMO rice isn’t looking too bright, either. In fact, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has likely sealed its fate by determining that it does not offer any nutritional benefits.

Golden rice is rice that has been modified so its grain produces the nutrient beta-carotene with the aim of creating a good source of vitamin A. However, the FDA has informed the developers of the rice, the International Rice Research Institute (IRRI), that it failed to meet the nutritional requirements for making health claims.

https://www.naturalnews.com/2018-06-12-gmo-golden-rice-hyped-nutrition-claims-dismantled-by-none-other-than-the-fda.html

Offline goodwithagun

This was a boondoggle from the start. Rice is not indigenous to the areas in which its vitamins are needed. Yams are, and yams coincidentally provide more calories per acre than golden rice while at the same time providing the needed vitamins. But hey, when Big Gov is your sugar daddy you keep coming up with failed ideas.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Ironically Asians, who typically consider rice a staple, also consume a lot of yams.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.