Author Topic: USA & No Korea Summit LIVE THREAD  (Read 33765 times)

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Re: USA & No Korea Summit LIVE THREAD
« Reply #650 on: June 14, 2018, 12:46:05 am »
Really?  Where?  I do not find any recollection of that history in this discussion.

Neither does mental masturbation pretending your cheerleading is accomplishing anything besides self-gratifying the hubris.

I'm laughing hysterically at reading nearly the same swooning over Trump as the greatest messenger of peace in our time as I did when Obama was heralded by his hordes over the Iran deal.

Yes we all know you would cheer if nukes went off over an American city.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #651 on: June 14, 2018, 12:49:49 am »
Where are you pulling this from ... thin air?

I’m pulling it from a modem, if you bother to do the tiniest bit of research.  Pompeo has already said any agreement would be brought to congress.  Plenty of senators, including the majority leader, have said it should be a treaty, but it’s up to the president.  As isolated as they are, the Norks still have an understanding of how agreements work in our system.  They saw how this president disagreed with the one his predecessor reached with Iran.  He’s not so naive to think the next guy might not like this agreement, if it’s on the executive level, and reimpose sanctions or threaten his regime.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 12:51:31 am by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #652 on: June 14, 2018, 12:51:33 am »
Where are you pulling this from ... thin air?  The President has been talking about this with Kim, returning the remains of our soldiers and the dead and alive Japanese in generational prison camps.

And, if you don't mind by bringing this up, President Trump is the only President who has opened this dialogue...and he's done it face to face with the perpetrator.

Try, try and see the positives all around you.  You don't even have to admit them here, just don't deprive yourself of at least seeing them.

888high58888

The refusal by so many to acknowledge Trump's achievement is pathetic.   What the hell did Obama, Clinton and both Bushes do to address human rights in NORK?    Of course this is only a first step, but among what's already been accomplished is the extension of good will that allows us to raise the issue of political prisoners, and invite a reciprocal gesture.

Demonizing the Kim regime hasn't freed a single political prisoner.   Treating the North Koreans as negotiating equals allows for the possibility of reciprocity,  a sound tactic whenever the true goal of a negotiation is the forging of a deal, rather than the scoring of political points.

We've spent over fifty years refusing to meet with the North Koreans in fear of according them "prestige".  Meanwhile they've become a self-fulfilling prophecy, playing to type with open hostility, duplicity and extreme militancy borne of anger at being treated as pariahs.   Our past tactics have gained us nothing,  and so many years of pussyfooting has let the NORKs finally gain the leverage they've sought - nukes and the means to deliver them to an American city.

What is notable is that both the NORKs and the Americans think they are negotiating from a position of strength.   That's a good thing, because it is conducive to productive, good faith bargaining.

I applaud the President for forging his own path and daring to approach diplomacy like a business negotiation.    I applaud the President for having the courage to step up and try to solve a crisis dropped in his lap because of decades of can-kicking and conventional thinking.     

« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 01:12:35 am by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online corbe

« Reply #653 on: June 14, 2018, 12:53:38 am »

That was cold @driftdiver because Invar doesn't agree with you he automatically doesn't give a $hit if a US City is nuked? 

I read the FDA Warning on that Orange Koolaid, I suggest you do too.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #654 on: June 14, 2018, 12:59:02 am »
888high58888

The refusal y so many to acknowledge Trump's achievement is pathetic.   What the hell did Obama, Clinton and both Bushes do to address human rights in NORK?    Of course this is only a first step, but among what's already been accomplished is the extension of good will that allows us to raise the issue of political prisoners, and invite a reciprocal gesture.

Demonizing the Kim regime hasn't freed a single political prisoner.   Treating the North Koreans as negotiating equals allows for the possibility of reciprocity,  a sound tactic whenever the true goal of a negotiation is the forging of a deal, rather than the scoring of political points.

We've spent over fifty years refusing to meet with the North Koreans in fear of according them "prestige".  Meanwhile they've become a self-fulfilling prophecy, playing to type with open hostility, duplicity and extreme militancy borne of anger at being treated as pariahs.   Our past tactics have gained us nothing,  and so many years of pussyfooting has let the NORKs finally gain the leverage they've sought - nukes and the means to deliver them to an American city.

What is notable is that both the NORKs and the Americans think they are negotiating from a position of strength.   That's a good thing, because it is conducive to productive, good faith bargaining.

I applaud the President for forging his own path and daring to approach diplomacy like a business negotiation.    I applaud the President for having the courage to step up and try to solve a crisis dropped in his lap because of decades of can-kicking and conventional thinking.     

@Jazzhead

I applaud the President for taking a different approach than has been done over the past 30 years.  What we’ve tried previously hasn’t worked so trying something markedly different makes complete sense to me.  The issue I have is with the declaration of Trump having achieved an “accomplishment” with North Korea just yet.  He hasn’t.......yet.

Pompeo says the goal is “irreversible and verifiable denuclearization”.  We haven’t achieved that.  Maybe we will.  Maybe we won’t.  My money is on that we won’t, but I’m hoping for the best, but to declare that Trump has achieved something like "There is no longer a Nuclear Threat from North Korea” is just delusional or a lie or both IMO.

I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #655 on: June 14, 2018, 01:02:33 am »

That says everything anyone needs to know about the mindset of a lunatic ForeverTrump® right there.

Just like your garden variety liberal imbeciles we can see that style over substance; intentions over results; and emotions over facts are no longer just the province of the liberal Left.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online corbe

« Reply #656 on: June 14, 2018, 01:03:38 am »
   I read Stormys account of her first meeting with President Trump, that time he got lucky, this time the Jury's still out.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #657 on: June 14, 2018, 01:08:27 am »
@Jazzhead

I applaud the President for taking a different approach than has been done over the past 30 years.  What we’ve tried previously hasn’t worked so trying something markedly different makes complete sense to me.  The issue I have is with the declaration of Trump having achieved an “accomplishment” with North Korea just yet.  He hasn’t.......yet.

Pompeo says the goal is “irreversible and verifiable denuclearization”.  We haven’t achieved that.  Maybe we will.  Maybe we won’t.  My money is on that we won’t, but I’m hoping for the best, but to declare that Trump has achieved something like "There is no longer a Nuclear Threat from North Korea” is just delusional or a lie or both IMO.

@Concerned

This is just the first inning of the game.  I'm more optimistic than you are about the ultimate outcome, but I understand your skepticism.   The NORKs have a reputation for duplicity, to put it mildly.   As for Trump's tweets,  they don't bother me; let him have his Trumpian moment.  With this President,  we get the pace, schtick and bluster of a reality show.  I've never liked it,  but I accept it and tune it out.  What I care about is the context appears to have been established for a true negotiation to take place, between parties that both have much to gain or lose.   

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #658 on: June 14, 2018, 01:15:03 am »
   That was cold @driftdiver because Invar doesn't agree with you he automatically doesn't give a $hit if a US City is nuked? 

I read the FDA Warning on that Orange Koolaid, I suggest you do too.

@corbe

It's not because he disagrees with me.  Its because he cheers everytime something bad happens.  It's like hes hoping the world burns just so he can say I told you so.

Offline edpc

« Reply #659 on: June 14, 2018, 01:15:32 am »
Pompeo says the goal is “irreversible and verifiable denuclearization”.  We haven’t achieved that.

He also said it would hopefully occur over the next 2 - 2 1/2 years. Given the opportunity for that timeframe, the North Koreans will do the minimum and slow walk it. A lot can happen in the interim.

Pompeo, speaking to reporters in Seoul on Wednesday, sought to quell criticism that North Korea didn’t make any major commitments at the summit in Singapore.

“We’re hopeful that we can achieve that in, what was it, the next two and half years,” the top American diplomat said when asked how soon the U.S. wanted to see North Korea move to dismantle its nuclear weapons program. “We’re hopeful we can get it done. There’s a lot of work left to do.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-06-13/pompeo-sees-north-korean-denuclearization-in-trump-s-first-term
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 01:16:37 am by edpc »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #660 on: June 14, 2018, 01:16:37 am »
A few tens of millions dead might be worse

Yeah I mean what's a few more million added to the millions already killed by this regime right?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online corbe

« Reply #661 on: June 14, 2018, 01:16:54 am »
Paul Thorn "You Might Be Wrong"

! No longer available

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #662 on: June 14, 2018, 01:18:45 am »
Yeah I mean what's a few more million added to the millions already killed by this regime right?

@txradioguy

I guess that's the way some would look at it.  Personally I'd prefer not.

Offline edpc

« Reply #663 on: June 14, 2018, 01:20:25 am »
It’s a glass half full.

Of blood.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #664 on: June 14, 2018, 01:29:13 am »
@corbe

It's not because he disagrees with me.  Its because he cheers everytime something bad happens.  It's like hes hoping the world burns just so he can say I told you so.

INVAR's one of most bitter, angry and cynical men I've ever encountered on the internet.  He says he's a follower of Christ,  but his faith doesn't seem to have brought him a bit of empathy or joy. 

Offline Concerned

« Reply #665 on: June 14, 2018, 01:31:25 am »
@Concerned

This is just the first inning of the game.  I'm more optimistic than you are about the ultimate outcome, but I understand your skepticism.   The NORKs have a reputation for duplicity, to put it mildly.   As for Trump's tweets,  they don't bother me; let him have his Trumpian moment.  With this President,  we get the pace, schtick and bluster of a reality show.  I've never liked it,  but I accept it and tune it out.  What I care about is the context appears to have been established for a true negotiation to take place, between parties that both have much to gain or lose.

I agree it's the first inning of the game.  I don't pop the champagne in the first inning, and I don't think Trump supporters should also by talking about "achievement" in the first inning.  Look, if we get "irreversible and verifiable denuclearization", let's celebrate that "achievement", but until then the celebrations are premature IMO. 

As for the tweets, the White House says they are "official statements".  Sure, anyone is welcome to ignore those if they so choose, but I think it's a shame so many folks (and I know several) who choose to ignore official statements from the Commander in Chief because of his lies, the "schtick and bluster" (as you put), and the overall childishness. 
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #666 on: June 14, 2018, 01:37:37 am »

Care to share with the board the link with my quote that cheers when something 'bad' happens?  You know, like a mass shooting or a nuked city or a garden-variety mortar attack on civvies?

Or like the Leftards out there who cannot handle anyone who disagrees with their views on anything, you assign motives to a person without being able to comprehend a thing they are actually motivated by.

You're like an imbecilic  teenager who  accuses his parents of wanting him to fail because they are yanking their college support after they warned him to stop partying and knuckle down because he is going to flunk out of college.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #667 on: June 14, 2018, 01:42:34 am »
INVAR's one of most bitter, angry and cynical men I've ever encountered on the internet.  He says he's a follower of Christ,  but his faith doesn't seem to have brought him a bit of empathy or joy.

That's because you have zero clue of who I am or what I do in the meat world beyond what I have revealed here. 

I do not place joy in the institutions of men or their politics and government as you do.  My joy is elsewhere - and it is not discussed here for myriad reasons.

That said, as has been discussed in the past - your view of what constitutes a Christian and my understanding of what makes a disciple of Yeshua, are as far apart as night and day.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #668 on: June 14, 2018, 01:44:36 am »
I agree it's the first inning of the game.  I don't pop the champagne in the first inning, and I don't think Trump supporters should also by talking about "achievement" in the first inning.  Look, if we get "irreversible and verifiable denuclearization", let's celebrate that "achievement", but until then the celebrations are premature IMO.

That used to be considered wisdom once upon a time.

Not any more apparently.

However, analyzing the mindset of the zeitgeist has been a revelation.

Online corbe

« Reply #669 on: June 14, 2018, 01:45:00 am »

Again @Jazzhead you are entitled to your opinion but to openly express such disdain for a fellow Briefer is pretty shitty, in my book. 
    @INVAR, who I understand and appreciate, is stronger than all of yalls attacks. even simultaneously. 
    You few here are punching way out of your class.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #670 on: June 14, 2018, 01:47:07 am »

Again @Jazzhead you are entitled to your opinion but to openly express such disdain for a fellow Briefer is pretty shitty, in my book. 
    @INVAR, who I understand and appreciate, is stronger than all of yalls attacks. even simultaneously. 
    You few here are punching way out of your class.

@corbe

And yet you stay silent when he issues personal attacks all the time.

You picked your friends.  Enjoy

Online corbe

« Reply #671 on: June 14, 2018, 01:52:49 am »
@corbe

I do Enjoy @driftdiver my gratitude is always above my expectations for each day.
  I consider you a Friend here also.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #672 on: June 14, 2018, 01:56:56 am »
@corbe

Bitter isn't a good look on you.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #673 on: June 14, 2018, 01:58:13 am »
Bitter isn't a good look on you.

@txradioguy

But you look great with panties on your head

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #674 on: June 14, 2018, 01:59:17 am »
Pompeo, speaking to reporters in Seoul on Wednesday, sought to quell criticism that North Korea didn’t make any major commitments at the summit in Singapore.

“We’re hopeful that we can achieve ...

Well, with $5 bucks and that, they can go to Starbucks!

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn