Author Topic: USA & No Korea Summit LIVE THREAD  (Read 33788 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: USA & No Korea Summit LIVE THREAD
« Reply #525 on: June 13, 2018, 10:49:13 am »
@Right_in_Virginia

Well, I see that Kim has been invited to Washington.  My husband won't dismiss the possibility that Trump's advisors are telling him to pile on and show Kim some more capitalist delights.  Like you said, he's young, still.  Perpetuating his father's hard line might not be so easy now that he's had a taste.  We can hope, anyway.

@CatherineofAragon  88devil

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #526 on: June 13, 2018, 11:03:49 am »
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

Just landed - a long trip, but everybody can now feel much safer than the day I took office. There is no longer a Nuclear Threat from North Korea. Meeting with Kim Jong Un was an interesting and very positive experience. North Korea has great potential for the future!

4:56 AM - Jun 13, 2018

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-claims-end-to-nuclear-threat-from-n-korea-tells-u-s-to-sleep-well/

OK, then.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 11:09:29 am by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Oceander

« Reply #527 on: June 13, 2018, 11:04:29 am »
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

1h

Just landed - a long trip, but everybody can now feel much safer than the day I took office. There is no longer a Nuclear Threat from North Korea. Meeting with Kim Jong Un was an interesting and very positive experience. North Korea has great potential for the future!

OK, then.

:bigsilly:

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #528 on: June 13, 2018, 12:13:00 pm »
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-claims-end-to-nuclear-threat-from-n-korea-tells-u-s-to-sleep-well/

OK, then.

This stupid shit is why I'm such a niggler.  Why not just go all in and start urging people to vacay in NK.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #529 on: June 13, 2018, 12:19:47 pm »
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

Just landed - a long trip, but everybody can now feel much safer than the day I took office. [b]There is no longer a Nuclear Threat from North Korea. [/b]Meeting with Kim Jong Un was an interesting and very positive experience. North Korea has great potential for the future!

OK, then.

Just when you thought Trump couldn't top himself . 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #530 on: June 13, 2018, 12:51:14 pm »
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

It will be completely unsurprising when this becomes Trump's "Read My Lips" moment once Lil' Kim and the Commies prove what a gullible pushover Trump is.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #531 on: June 13, 2018, 12:55:37 pm »
This stupid shit is why I'm such a niggler.  Why not just go all in and start urging people to vacay in NK.

WOW talk about stupid shit.  Comparing a press release trying to ease peoples fears of nuclear war and celebrate a successful meeting to encouraging people to go to NK for vacation.

Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #532 on: June 13, 2018, 12:59:06 pm »
It will be completely unsurprising when this becomes Trump's "Read My Lips" moment once Lil' Kim and the Commies prove what a gullible pushover Trump is.

I've heard that he single handedly cancelled US-SK Joint Readiness exercises.  Blindsided Pentagon and S. Korean Military   Kim's already duped Donnie.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #533 on: June 13, 2018, 01:03:56 pm »
I've heard that he single handedly cancelled US-SK Joint Readiness exercises.  Blindsided Pentagon and S. Korean Military   Kim's already duped Donnie.

I've already read the ForeverTrumps® explain those concerns away already.

It's not about the substance.

It's about the emotions of the moment and assuaging everyone's concerns and fears.

The sea levels have fallen. 
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #534 on: June 13, 2018, 01:06:56 pm »
I've already read the ForeverTrumps® explain those concerns away already.

It's not about the substance.

It's about the emotions of the moment and assuaging everyone's concerns and fears.

The sea levels have fallen.

@catfish1957 @INVAR
Gee and I thought the military reported to him, so yeah he can cancel these exercises if he wants.   I don't think he should have but all these claims you're making are ridiculous.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #535 on: June 13, 2018, 01:20:00 pm »
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

OK, then.

That may be less a statement about any agreement reached, and more an acknowledgement about their program going off the rails when that mountain fractured.  There have been reports that not only was that site badly damaged, but that NK lost its best 200 nuclear scientists/engineers.  I imagine Trump has gotten more accurate intel on that than we have.  So if that is true, that could explain both his statement and why NK may be giving up those ambitions anyway.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 01:22:26 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #536 on: June 13, 2018, 01:22:40 pm »
That may be less a statement about any agreement reached, and more an acknowledgement about their program going off the rails when that mountain fractured.

Possibly included is the loss of a major portion of their scientific staff who were inside that mountain when it fractured.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #537 on: June 13, 2018, 01:24:18 pm »
WOW talk about stupid shit.  Comparing a press release trying to ease peoples fears of nuclear war and celebrate a successful meeting to encouraging people to go to NK for vacation.

There's a difference between saying something to ease fears and making a demonstrably false statement.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #538 on: June 13, 2018, 01:24:37 pm »
Possibly included is the loss of a major portion of their scientific staff who were inside that mountain when it fractured.

Not to mention the loss of Iranian scientists.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #539 on: June 13, 2018, 01:25:25 pm »

We can only hope.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #540 on: June 13, 2018, 01:26:19 pm »
@catfish1957 @INVAR
Gee and I thought the military reported to him, so yeah he can cancel these exercises if he wants.   I don't think he should have but all these claims you're making are ridiculous.

There is a proper protocol for doing this and you know it.  Especially when it comes to exercises on your allies turf. They shouldn't find out about it when the news reports on it.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #541 on: June 13, 2018, 01:27:03 pm »
There's a difference between saying something to ease fears and making a demonstrably false statement.

It's like "Today there are no longer any Nuclear weapons pointed at our children."  Another demonstrably false statement, only the Dems ate it up because Clinton said it.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #542 on: June 13, 2018, 01:27:27 pm »
We can only hope.

No hope involved, SK news reported there was a significant loss of life when it happened.  Much of it the team working on the nuke.   Not the entire staff but quite a number.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #543 on: June 13, 2018, 01:29:16 pm »
There is a proper protocol for doing this and you know it.  Especially when it comes to exercises on your allies turf. They shouldn't find out about it when the news reports on it.

Yeah Trump is known for following protocol.  /s

For years people have bitched about ineffective politicians and diplomats, along comes a guy who ignores those conventions but get things done.  Then you cry about his methods.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #544 on: June 13, 2018, 01:31:31 pm »
It's like "Today there are no longer any Nuclear weapons pointed at our children."  Another demonstrably false statement, only the Dems ate it up because Clinton said it.

Precisely.  As unpredictable as the Norks are Kim could get a bug up his ass and decide to fire missiles today.  Until he can't push a button and launch even one nuclear missile...there is a nuclear threat from North Korea.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #545 on: June 13, 2018, 01:31:40 pm »
We've been doing multiple military exercises every year for decades in South Korea.  The biggest one of those exercises, Foal Eagle, already took place in April.  Cancelling one of them as a gesture of good faith costs us absolutely nothing.  Now if Trump ended sanctions, or gave economic aid, that would be a much more substantive act.

Also, that's not the kind of decision that is irreversible.  And it actually gives Trump another weapon to use.  If NK drags its feet over the next month or so, he can just announce that they are back on.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #546 on: June 13, 2018, 01:35:01 pm »
Yeah Trump is known for following protocol.  /s

For years people have bitched about ineffective politicians and diplomats, along comes a guy who ignores those conventions but get things done.  Then you cry about his methods.

So if you were a 1SG you'd have no problem with a PV2 skipping his entire chain of command to go talk to the Sgt. Major of The Army about a problem before he consults even his team leader?

That's the same kind of breach of protocol and proper notification and even common courtesy that Trump displayed by not consulting with his commanders on the ground in Korea...the Joint Chiefs or even his hand picked "Mad Dog" SecDef before announcing this unilateral withdrawl from the exercises.

Had Obama done this you'd be pissed and talking about everything I'm talking about right now and you know it. 

But because it's Trump.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #547 on: June 13, 2018, 01:35:16 pm »
ISIS, worse human rights offenders around.... hmmn, I wonder where people have been when they have been defeated?  Crickets. As usual.  Other like instances can be brought up as well. Oh well, we know we can count on hearing from them, when something is wrong.

Tom, who is it you want to hear from about ISIS on this NK thread?  I'm not sure what you're saying.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #548 on: June 13, 2018, 01:36:09 pm »
We've been doing multiple military exercises every year for decades in South Korea.  The biggest one of those exercises, Foal Eagle, already took place in April.  Cancelling one of them as a gesture of good faith costs us absolutely nothing.  Now if Trump ended sanctions, or gave economic aid, that would be a much more substantive act.

Also, that's not the kind of decision that is irreversible.  And it actually gives Trump another weapon to use.  If NK drags its feet over the next month or so, he can just announce that they are back on.

It's gives North Korea a nice big propaganda win and lets Kim go back to Pyongyang crowing about how he got the U.S. to fold on an issue they've resisted for decades.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #549 on: June 13, 2018, 01:37:04 pm »
Cancelled exercises may not occur until 2019 and only if North Korea is following de-nuclearization.

Also, that one facility reportedly set off higher levels of radiation, radiation cloud. That's got to be bad for the whole area as well.