Author Topic: USA & No Korea Summit LIVE THREAD  (Read 33754 times)

Offline corbe

Re: USA & No Korea Summit LIVE THREAD
« Reply #500 on: June 13, 2018, 01:35:10 am »
    @TomSea you may have me confused with someone else.  I never insinuated anything about the later announcement of pulling out of the War Preparations, I really don't think that keeps the Pentagon up at night. 
     I do hope President Trump  can pull this off, he's got my nomination for the Galaxy Peace Prize, screw the Nobel.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #501 on: June 13, 2018, 01:38:05 am »
@driftdiver

I was reading today that Japanese people are kidnapped off their own beaches.

@CatherineofAragon

Not so much since this Kim took over.  His father and grandfather would certainly do that.  Mostly people with special skills or pretty girls.   They would send people into the schools to find girls.  No choice of course for the girl.

I know of one American who was kidnapped to work as an English teacher.  He was given a wife when he arrived.  They would also target actors singers and other talent to entertain him.

The young Kim probably doesn't like living there.  He was educated in Switzerland so he knows what 1st world is.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #502 on: June 13, 2018, 01:38:39 am »
@driftdiver

I was reading today that Japanese people are kidnapped off their own beaches.

Yes, it was a program to learn language and culture from different places to conduct espionage.  Really sinister and bizarre stuff.....

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/north-koreas-abduction-project
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #503 on: June 13, 2018, 01:42:37 am »
I wonder if that came up..I think Abe wanted that as part of the agreement that they would be returned to Japan

@mystery-ak

Apparently Trump raised the issue of human rights but it didn't go anywhere.     Those that are alive will probably get released if this works. 

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #504 on: June 13, 2018, 01:43:35 am »
I wonder if that came up..I think Abe wanted that as part of the agreement that they would be returned to Japan

Japan PM Shinzo Abe thanks Donald Trump for raising North Korea’s abductions with Kim Jong-un
South China Morning Post, Jun 12, 2018

Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe welcomed the joint statement signed by US President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong-un in Singapore as a first step in the denuclearisation of North Korea.

“We see this as a step in a comprehensive resolution,” Abe said in Tokyo after he spoke by phone with Trump.

Japan wants North Korea to agree to a complete, verifiable and irreversible denuclearisation. In the joint statement Kim committed North Korea “to work towards complete denuclearisation of the Korean Peninsula”.

Abe added that he “would like to thank the president (Trump) for raising the abduction issue,” referring to Japan’s demand that Pyongyang release any remaining Japanese people it abducted to train its spies.

"I brought it up absolutely and they are going to be working on that,” Trump said at a news conference following his historic summit with Kim, when asked whether the abduction issue came up during their meeting.

More:  http://www.scmp.com/news/asia/diplomacy/article/2150426/japan-pm-shinzo-abe-thanks-donald-trump-raising-north-koreas

I doubt it's going to be part of the denuclearization treaty .... but the President did bring it up and it sounds like Abe is now waiting for the go ahead to deal bilaterally with Kim on this.

@mystery-ak

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #505 on: June 13, 2018, 01:44:31 am »

Yes, it was a program to learn language and culture from different places to conduct espionage.  Really sinister and bizarre stuff.....

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/north-koreas-abduction-project

When I was there I had three people try to pull me out the back door of a coffee shop.  When I started fighting back it was noticed by other people and the three ran.  They knew my name where I worked and what I did.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #506 on: June 13, 2018, 01:45:54 am »
I have heard about some Japanese prisoners in NK. I believe I also heard Otto's parents were in contact with President Trump, I just heard it on the radio hourly news....

Otto Warmbier's Parents Praise Trump And Hope 'Something Positive' Comes From North Korea Summit

By Associated Press June 12, 2018

(WASHINGTON) — The parents of Otto Warmbier, the American college student who died after being released from a North Korean prison last year, thanked President Donald Trump for the kind words about their son he gave after his historic summit with North Korea’s leader.

Fred and Cindy Warmbier said in a brief statement after Trump met Kim Jong Un in Singapore that they appreciated the president’s comments about their son and family.

“We appreciate President Trump’s recent comments about our family,” they said. “We are proud of Otto and miss him. Hopefully something positive can come from this.”

http://time.com/5310355/otto-warmbier-us-north-korea-summit/

Offline Concerned

« Reply #507 on: June 13, 2018, 01:59:55 am »
@Concerned

There are more like 200 to 300k in the labor camps.  Kim didn't put them there.  His father and grandfather created the system.  He hasnt stopped it but who knows if he could without being removed and killed himself.

The camps are as bad as anything the nazis or Japanese did.  Rape torture murder are every day occurrences.  They test chemical weapons on families.  Entire families get put there because one person made a mistake, like get caught listening to the wrong music.

Hopefully this approach works to help end these.

@driftdiver

Reports I've read are there are 100K to 120K in prison camps.  Below is a report from Fox that says there are "nearly 100K political prisoners".  The reports I've read are worse than Nazi or Japanese prison camps.  The book I previously referenced was shocking to me especially given it's the 21st century.  One 6-7 year old girl was beaten to death for stealing a couple of grains of rice.   Horrible!  Hard for me to believe that the guy who allows this to happen, "loves his people", but that's what Trump said.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/06/10/sen-orrin-hatch-north-korea-should-abandon-human-rights-abuses-in-addition-to-its-nukes.html
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #508 on: June 13, 2018, 02:02:19 am »

The moment when Kim Jong Un met John Bolton, Trump's hawkish national security adviser who North Korea called 'human scum'
David Choi

President Donald Trump met with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un in a landmark summit in Singapore on Tuesday.
    National security adviser John Bolton was also there with the US delegation.
    North Korea's relationship with John Bolton is tenuous at best. The regime has previously called him "human scum."

While the landmark summit between President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un appeared cordial, the presence of one member of the US delegation, national security adviser John Bolton, may have raised the temperature in the room.

Read more at: http://www.businessinsider.com/john-bolton-at-north-korea-summit-meeting-kim-jong-un-trump-2018-6

Rand Paul Blasts Warhawk John Bolton: I Hope He Was Kept ‘At The Children’s Table’ During NoKo Summit
by Caleb Ecarma | 5:23 pm, June 12th, 2018

Republican Senator Rand Paul of Kentucky blasted National Security Adviser John Bolton by saying he hoped the hawkish White House official was kept at “the children’s table” during President Donald Trump’s North Korea summit.

“John Bolton was at the table — I’m sure the president had that by design,” Fox News host Neil Cavuto noted to Paul while the libertarian-leaning lawmaker appeared on the network. “What is your response?”

“My hope is that he was at the children’s table and that he wasn’t influencing the discussion among adults,” shot back Paul.

Continued with video of full interview with Neil Cavuto: https://www.mediaite.com/tv/rand-paul-blasts-warhawk-john-bolton-i-hope-he-was-kept-at-the-childrens-table-during-noko-summit
/

Offline TomSea

« Reply #509 on: June 13, 2018, 02:03:30 am »
@driftdiver

Reports I've read are there are 100K to 120K in prison camps.  Below is a report from Fox that says there are "nearly 100K political prisoners".  The reports I've read are worse than Nazi or Japanese prison camps.  The book I previously referenced was shocking to me especially given it's the 21st century.  One 6-7 year old girl was beaten to death for stealing a couple of grains of rice.   Horrible!  Hard for me to believe that the guy who allows this to happen, "loves his people", but that's what Trump said.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/06/10/sen-orrin-hatch-north-korea-should-abandon-human-rights-abuses-in-addition-to-its-nukes.html

Okay, well, maybe we should all wish for missiles hitting South Korea or a nuclear holocaust. That'll prove you right.

Offline corbe

« Reply #510 on: June 13, 2018, 02:05:10 am »
Trump: Kim summit takes world 'a big step back from potential nuclear catastrophe'
BY LUIS SANCHEZ - 06/12/18 09:55 PM EDT

President Trump said on Tuesday that the U.S.-North Korea summit has reduced the risk of “potential Nuclear catastrophe” and thanked North Korean leader Kim Jong Un for meeting with him.

“The World has taken a big step back from potential Nuclear catastrophe! No more rocket launches, nuclear testing or research! The hostages are back home with their families. Thank you to Chairman Kim, our day together was historic!” Trump tweeted on Tuesday night.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/391981-trump-kim-summit-takes-world-a-big-step-back-from-potential-nuclear
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #511 on: June 13, 2018, 02:09:28 am »
Okay, well, maybe we should all wish for missiles hitting South Korea or a nuclear holocaust. That'll prove you right.

I'm beginning to wish they fall on a select few houses in the US.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #512 on: June 13, 2018, 02:09:39 am »

@TomSea

I don't think I've ever posted anything that indicates I "wish for missiles hitting South Korea or a nuclear holocaust".  I'm simply providing some data I found from reading a book.  If you think killing a 6-7 year old girl for stealing a few grains of rice is right then we simply disagree.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #513 on: June 13, 2018, 02:17:36 am »
! No longer available

Sean Hannity interview with President Trump today
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline edpc

« Reply #514 on: June 13, 2018, 02:26:06 am »
When I was there I had three people try to pull me out the back door of a coffee shop.  When I started fighting back it was noticed by other people and the three ran.  They knew my name where I worked and what I did.

Was their program known at the time?

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #515 on: June 13, 2018, 02:28:48 am »
South Korean news is saying Trump promised 3 more things to NK.  They dont know what was promised.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #516 on: June 13, 2018, 02:30:20 am »

Was their program known at the time?

@edpc

Dunno but they knew what I did.  Even told me my work number.  I had access to a lot of classified stuff including planning.

Offline edpc

« Reply #517 on: June 13, 2018, 02:35:06 am »
South Korean news is saying Trump promised 3 more things to NK.  They dont know what was promised.

They must’ve had one of these in Kim’s room.

Offline corbe

« Reply #518 on: June 13, 2018, 02:37:58 am »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #519 on: June 13, 2018, 02:38:25 am »

They must’ve had one of these in Kim’s room.

Is that a neti pot?

Offline edpc

« Reply #520 on: June 13, 2018, 02:44:01 am »
Is that a neti pot?

I suppose it could serve as one, though the spout hole position is a bit awkward.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #521 on: June 13, 2018, 03:33:58 am »
North Korea Says Trump Agreed To 'Step-By-Step' Denuclearization

North Korea says U.S. President Donald Trump has agreed to a "step-by-step" denuclearization process, with each country taking simultaneous, reciprocal steps to ease tensions and establish peace between the longtime enemies.

North Korea's first official statement early on June 13 after a historic summit between Trump and its leader Kim Jong Un in Singapore was delivered by the official Korean Central News Agency.

The statement appeared to go beyond the agreement signed a day earlier by the two leaders, saying that both leaders"recognized" during their meeting "that it is important to abide by the principle of step-by-step and simultaneous action in achieving peace, stability, and denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula."

Read more at: https://www.rferl.org/a/north-korea-says-trump-agreed-step-by-step-denuclearization-simultaneous-reciprocal-measures-mutual-visits/29287688.html

Offline TomSea

« Reply #522 on: June 13, 2018, 03:42:43 am »
Human Rights is an issue that should concern us all; until all men are free, no man is free.

As said, I'm sure the North Koreans would string up Kim like Mussolini, that's why it will be difficult to get a lot done on the freedom side which the people surely want. Reunification and things like that will help.

What's the old adage? Do not let the perfect be the enemy of the possible. @Concerned

The human rights atrocities under Kim Jong-un that were not mentioned during summit

Neil Connor, Beijing

12 June 2018 • 1:53pm

It was all smiles and platitudes when Donald Trump met Kim Jong-un at their historic Singapore summit.

Mr Trump spoke of a "new history" being made, but North Korea's past history of human rights abuses appeared to have been forgotten in Singapore.

Here are a number of atrocities and abuses which have been left on the back burner:

Read more at: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/06/12/human-rights-atrocities-kim-jong-un-not-mentioned-summit/

Human rights are a serious problem, they are in China as well and probably notable enough in Russia. What about Nigeria? I agree it is a problem we should all be concerned with. Who gave "most favored nation" status to China? Have people ever even spoken about this?

Trump Says Kim Jong Un, a Noted Human Rights Violator, 'Has to Be a Rough Guy'

Following his historic meeting with Kim Jong Un, U.S. President Donald Trump said Kim “has to be a rough guy,”but is also a leader who "loves his people," despite the North Korean leader's disturbing human rights history.

Trump told VOA contributor Greta Van Susteren in an interview in Singapore, where the two leaders met, he discussed North Korea’s dismal human rights record and believes Kim has “a great feeling” for its citizens and “wants to do right by them.”

When asked about Kim’s history of starving and brutalizing his people, Trump responded by saying, “Look, he’s doing what he’s seen done” and added U.S. sanctions against Pyongyang “will remain on until we can start dismantling ... the nuclear weapons.”

FILE - In this Feb. 29, 2016, file photo, American student Otto Warmbier speaks as he is presented to reporters in Pyongyang, North Korea.

https://www.voanews.com/a/trump-says-north-korean-leader-kim-jong-un-a-noted-human-rights-violator-has-to-be-a-rough-guy-/4435708.html

« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 03:44:54 am by TomSea »

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #523 on: June 13, 2018, 04:30:19 am »
Who gave "most favored nation" status to China? Have people ever even spoken about this?

I recall watching the Republican platform debates on this around 1990.  While there was a lot of sentiment against giving the godless commies MFN status, the position that won the day was that the only way we were getting any opening up was via the cultural exchanges and the like that were a part of MFN status.   If we didn't get them opened up, they could continue whatever abuses they wanted, without their people being exposed to other viewpoints, and without us having any leverage.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline TomSea

« Reply #524 on: June 13, 2018, 09:12:50 am »
ISIS, worse human rights offenders around.... hmmn, I wonder where people have been when they have been defeated?  Crickets. As usual.  Other like instances can be brought up as well. Oh well, we know we can count on hearing from them, when something is wrong.