Author Topic: Trump claims parents of Korean War veterans begged him for help during the campaign. They'd be at le  (Read 3811 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Unless Obama said it.  Then I imagine you would be making major hay out of both the empty statement and the math to showcase yet another lie told for public consumption and self-promotion.

I remember our side laughing quite a bit over this, because of the absurdity....

OBAMA: On this Memorial Day, as our nation honors its unbroken line of fallen heroes — and I see many of them in…in the audience here today — our sense of patriotism is particularly strong.

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2008/05/27/barack_obama_sees_dead_people/amp/
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

I remember our side laughing quite a bit over this, because of the absurdity....

To point out an absurdity in something Trump says or Tweets is to attack the president personally, and engage in treason by aiding the left who are working to destroy his presidency according to our betters.

It is immaterial that it was open season and fair game when Obama or Clinton who engaged in egregious lies for public consumption.  This is for the fate of the galaxy man!  Get with it!  Stop noting Trump absurdities or calling them lies!

Hillary supporter.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
@Smokin Joe

The leftist style group think that some on our side are now demanding of any and everyone is disturbing.

Yet thats exactly what you do when you attack anyone who disagrees with you
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 01:14:31 am by driftdiver »
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Let me get this straight...@txradioguy is disagreeing ("attacking"?) the groupthink disagreement, with people who think it absurd that the President would say he has been talking with people who either are really the oldest living humans (or the White House is employing some sort of spiritualist to mediate), and that is groupthink? D@mn! this must be more complicated than I thought.  **nononono*

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Hillary supporter.

I know.  I pulled a Pontius Pilate in the 2016 election, while moving from OH to KS.  Despite the fact Trump carried the states by 9 and 21 points respectively, my non-participation has been called tacit Clinton support.     :shrug:
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline musiclady

By all means keep bashing Trump for trying to return the remains of our fallen in Korea, that is
surely a winning hand with Americans. /s

And the NeverTrumpers wonder why no one give a sh#t what they think.

I'm going to give you enough credit and say that you know absolutely that is not what I'm doing.

I'm going to give you enough credit as a decent human being to say that you really don't believe that I don't care about returning the remains of our fallen soldiers.

You're not that vile a human being.

Calm down and rethink the ugliness of what you've posted here, and at least admit to yourself that there's not a shred of truth in it.

@jpsb
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

If he had just said "Families" instead of "parents", it would have been fine. :shrug:

Indeed.

But he didn't.

The truth would have been so easy.  The falsehood so utterly foolish.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

OBAMA: On this Memorial Day, as our nation honors its unbroken line of fallen heroes — and I see many of them in…in the audience here today — our sense of patriotism is particularly strong.

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2008/05/27/barack_obama_sees_dead_people/amp/

That's the exact quote I was thinking of.

I'm willing to bet my life savings that every one of these Trump apologists mocked Obama for the idiocy of that statement.

And yet, here we are......

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

I know.  I pulled a Pontius Pilate in the 2016 election, while moving from OH to KS.  Despite the fact Trump carried the states by 9 and 21 points respectively, my non-participation has been called tacit Clinton support.     :shrug:

You got it mild.  Remember that some of us have been told that we 'traitors' (who voted third party or sat home) will be 'dealt with' later... when the time comes.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Let me get this straight...@txradioguy is disagreeing ("attacking"?) the groupthink disagreement, with people who think it absurd that the President would say he has been talking with people who either are really the oldest living humans (or the White House is employing some sort of spiritualist to mediate), and that is groupthink? D@mn! this must be more complicated than I thought. 

Trying to figure out crazy is... crazy.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Disagreeing with a premise and providing a counter argument is not an "attack" nor is it a sign of group think.

But it interesting and very telling that you think that it is.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Boy hasnt this thread turned into a NT mutual masterbation love fest.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline aligncare

Yeah, I usually exit the scene until they’ve spent their magazines. Damn that friendly fire.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

And of course you and a couple others had absolutely nothing at all to do with it going off topic right?   *****rollingeyes*****
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Yeah, I usually exit the scene until they’ve spent their magazines. Damn that friendly fire.

That's kinda funny coming from one of the ones demanding the circular firing squad.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Not sure who else here may have read Marcus Aurelius' Meditations, but it is my favorite non-fiction book, chock full advice on what makes a good and noble man.  Here's one of my favorite quotes that seems to apply here, which is something Aurelius said he learned from one of his teachers:

Not to be constantly correcting people, and in particular not to jump on them whenever they make an error of usage or a grammatical mistake or mispronounce something, but just answer their question or add another example, or debate the issues itself (not their phrasing), or make some other contribution to the discussion—and insert the right expression, unobtrusively.

@Mesaclone

« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 07:31:32 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Not sure who else here may have read Marcus Aurelius' Meditations, but it is my favorite non-fiction book, chock full advice on what makes a good and noble man.  Here's one of my favorite quotes that seems to apply here, which is something Aurelius said he learned from one of his teachers:

Not to be constantly correcting people, and in particular not to jump on them whenever they make an error of usage or a grammatical mistake or mispronounce something, but just answer their question or add another example, or debate the issues itself (not their phrasing), or make some other contribution to the discussion—and insert the right expression, unobtrusively.

@Mesaclone
Bill, he didn't blurt out 'ain't', he claimed to be talking with people who are dead. Usually that is an indicator of something unusual or amiss.
If we rationalize committing small acts of dishonesty, it becomes easier to commit progressively larger sins.
Marcos A. Aidukaitis
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis