Author Topic: Fleetwood Mac reunion concert broadcast on PBS during fund-raising week.  (Read 6014 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Just got through watching this a few minutes ago on PBS.

It really is easy to forget or overlook just how freaking GOOD every single one of these performers really are,and how damn good their music was. This is especially true of Lindsey Buckingham and Mick Fleetwood. Both are insanely good,even for pros.

Clearly one of the best fund-raising events ever put on PBS.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 04:25:34 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline dfwgator

It's only a reunion if Peter Green rejoins them.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
This was the big band in HS.

Wasn't really a fan. However my local oldies station which is GREAT for 80s music has been playing a lot of 70s stuff this week.

If I hear "American Pie" one more time I'm going to scream.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Just got through watching this a few minutes ago on PBS.

It really is easy to forget or overlook just how freaking GOOD every single one of these performers really are,and how damn good their music was. This is especially true of Lindsey Buckingham and Mick Fleetwood. Both are insanely good,even for pros.

Clearly one of the best fund-raising events ever put on PBS.

Agree, Buckingham is their best, but I guess he's not good enough since he was recently fired to hire Petty's guitarist.  IF this is new news, this will be one damn awkward reunion.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
And BTW....F PBS, and their leftist government subsidized POS network.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Agree, Buckingham is their best, but I guess he's not good enough since he was recently fired to hire Petty's guitarist.  IF this is new news, this will be one damn awkward reunion.

@catfish1957

Well,since everybody in the band has been married to each other at one time,and then cheated on their spouse with another band member,they have a hard time getting along for an extended time. Too much white water flowing under the bridges.

"Awkward" would be a good tour and album title if they ever all get back together again. It defines them better than any other word.

If Lindsey Buckingham was fired from the band it wasn't because of a lack of talent.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 01:53:23 pm by sneakypete »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
And BTW....F PBS, and their leftist government subsidized POS network.

@catfish1957

And F you for being a brain-dead dogmatic robot.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
@catfish1957

And F you for being a brain-dead dogmatic robot.

And FU for help supporting liberal causes and agendas.  You donate to NPR and du too?

Offline aligncare

I wouldn’t want to ever silence liberals. Their contributions to the arts is enriching and commendable. Ignore their prattling about economics, military defense, national security and foreign affairs and they’re just fine.  ^-^

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
I wouldn’t want to ever silence liberals. Their contributions to the arts is enriching and commendable. Ignore their prattling about economics, military defense, national security and foreign affairs and they’re just fine.  ^-^

As long as endowments are doing the trick, I'm fine, it's their money.  It's when my tax dollars are added to their coffers that gives me heart burn.

And BTW...   I do really enjoy their additions to the tube like Downton Abbey, Victoria, and Antiques Roadshow.

OTOH....  when you see the other 90% of programming, there always seems to be some liberal agenda involved.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
And FU for help supporting liberal causes and agendas.  You donate to NPR and du too?

@catfish1957

Isn't just being an idiot enough for you that you don't have to advertise it so everybody knows?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
As long as endowments are doing the trick, I'm fine, it's their money.  It's when my tax dollars are added to their coffers that gives me heart burn.

And BTW...   I do really enjoy their additions to the tube like Downton Abbey, Victoria, and Antiques Roadshow.

OTOH....  when you see the other 90% of programming, there always seems to be some liberal agenda involved.

@catfish1957

Ahhh,you are a secret leftist agent so far undercover you forgot you are a secret undercover agent!

BTW,while I am educating you,you need to know there is NOTHING even the tiniest bit "liberal" about leftism. It always ends with a police state.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher

@catfish1957

Ahhh,you are a secret leftist agent so far undercover you forgot you are a secret undercover agent!

BTW,while I am educating you,you need to know there is NOTHING even the tiniest bit "liberal" about leftism. It always ends with a police state.

You've got to be the dumbest SOB at TBR.....and a leftist to boot.  FU

Offline skeeter

Apparently he wouldn't agree to their touring schedule.

Buckingham & Nicks are two more graduates from Palo Alto High School in the SF area. That place produced alot of musicians.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher

Buckingham & Nicks are two more graduates from Palo Alto High School in the SF area. That place produced alot of musicians.

Stevie Nicks was gorgeous.  Wonder if the band hated she got so much "visual" attention.   She actually doesn't look too bad even today.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
You've got to be the dumbest SOB at TBR.....and a leftist to boot.  FU

@catfish1957

Uh,huh. Does your mama know you are posting to adults?

Then again,if she is your mama,chances are she won't know what that means.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 02:57:48 pm by sneakypete »

Offline skeeter

Stevie Nicks was gorgeous.  Wonder if the band hated she got so much "visual" attention.   She actually doesn't look too bad even today.

I saw them in 77. Wacko though she may have been/be she was gorgeous.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
@catfish1957

Uh,huh. Does your mama know you are posting to adults?

Then again,if she is your mama,chances are she won't know what that means.

Hey bud, you are the one defending the "liberal" icon PBS...   Some kind of conservative there aren't you?

Wow....   and resorting to "mama" jokes?

And your the moderator of this section?

@mystery-ak

Offline aligncare

Cool. I didn’t know that Palo Alto High graduated those two. I spent eight years in Palo Alto while attending post graduate school. Best times of my life. Of course, now you couldn’t drag me back to California.

Offline skeeter

Cool. I didn’t know that Palo Alto High graduated those two. I spent eight years in Palo Alto while attending post graduate school. Best times of my life. Of course, now you couldn’t drag me back to California.

PS just checked wiki - Nicks graduated from Menlo-Atherton, not Pali. Not far away.

Yeah, that region has changed alot from its earlier days as a center of creativity, high tech and otherwise.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 04:27:49 pm by skeeter »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
One of the few performing acts, compared to others, I have seen. Great concert, sold out, must have been 20,000 people there at least. I'm not sure if they even had an opening act, is been about 15 years or so.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Hey bud, you are the one defending the "liberal" icon PBS...   Some kind of conservative there aren't you?

@catfish1957

No,I am the one here defending public broadcasting. YOU are the brain-dead loon that equates it with "liberal" because some of the programming is by leftists. Hell,you don't even understand the difference between a liberal and a leftist. PLEASE allow me to explain in terms so simple maybe even you can understand them. Thomas Jefferson was a liberal. Stalin and Hitler were leftists.

Offline TomSea

As they say, don't shoot the messenger.

I will generally dislike CNN, NYT, Wapo, but all of these news agencies can churn out a decent article every now and then.

I've used NPR articles, they are the same thing as PBS, they can still have some good reporting.

NPR probably has a few shows that have no political point of view at all. I don't watch much tv but I know someone who watches them.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
@catfish1957

. Thomas Jefferson was a liberal. Stalin and Hitler were leftists.

Hey dumbass,.....  I think you can add your name to that list too.  Stupid SOB.

Keep defending PBS.....   You're digging yourself deeper.

What else you got....   Another mama joke?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 09:12:03 pm by catfish1957 »

Offline TomSea

So says the Rush fan,

"Subdivisions" and how it crystallizes the feelings of alienated youth in the suburbs, and here is Geddy's response extolling Mr. Moore (emphasis mine):

One the last tour, Michael Moore came to one of our shows, and we found out that he's a big Rush fan. He was saying that very thing to us about Subdivisions, and he quotes Subdivisions at the top of his last book. And I thought that was fascinating, because I have a lot of respect for him and I love what he does; he's smart, and he's a moral guy.

Daily Kos

Sources doesn't matter and the entertainment world is full of liberals and leftists.  It happens, I think the environment might do that to them as well. Neil Young, maybe even Willie Nelson. I know Willie is a pot activist, beyond that, I'm not sure but I can still like his music.