Author Topic: Fox News star Charles Krauthammer reveals he has weeks to live in heartbreaking letter  (Read 3502 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Fox News star Charles Krauthammer reveals he has weeks to live in heartbreaking letter
By Greg Wilson | Fox News

Charles Krauthammer, the beloved and brilliant Fox News Channel personality who gave up a pioneering career in psychiatry to become a Pulitzer Prize-winning political analyst, on Friday revealed the heartbreaking news that he is in the final stages of a losing battle with cancer.

The 68-year-old’s incisive takes on politics of the day have been missing from Fox News Channel’s “Special Report” for nearly a year as he battled an abdominal tumor and subsequent complications, but colleagues and viewers alike had held out hope that he would return to the evening show he helped establish as must-viewing. But in an eloquent, yet unblinking letter to co-workers, friends and Fox News Channel viewers, Krauthammer disclosed that he has just weeks to live.

“I have been uncharacteristically silent these past ten months,” the letter began. “I had thought that silence would soon be coming to an end, but I’m afraid I must tell you now that fate has decided on a different course for me.”

"This is the final verdict. My fight is over.”
 - Charles Krauthammer

more
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/06/08/fox-news-star-charles-krauthammer-reveals-has-weeks-to-live-in-heartbreaking-letter.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

I was wondering where he'd gone to.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
I believe that the pursuit of truth and right ideas through honest debate and rigorous argument is a noble undertaking 

Thank you, Mr. Krauthammer, and may God bless your soul.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online Lando Lincoln

Very sad, yet inspirational.  Enormous dignity in that statement.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Suppressed

What horrible news.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline dfwgator

One of the very few pundits I could actually stomach.  Sad news.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
God Speed Mr. Krauthammer
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Rivergirl

Charles was a towering intellect surrounded by towering egomaniacs.
G-dspeed, sir.

Online Lando Lincoln

Statement of Charles Krauthammer

WASHINGTON, June 8, 2018 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- I have been uncharacteristically silent these past ten months. I had thought that silence would soon be coming to an end, but I'm afraid I must tell you now that fate has decided on a different course for me.

In August of last year, I underwent surgery to remove a cancerous tumor in my abdomen. That operation was thought to have been a success, but it caused a cascade of secondary complications – which I have been fighting in hospital ever since. It was a long and hard fight with many setbacks, but I was steadily, if slowly, overcoming each obstacle along the way and gradually making my way back to health.

However, recent tests have revealed that the cancer has returned. There was no sign of it as recently as a month ago, which means it is aggressive and spreading rapidly. My doctors tell me their best estimate is that I have only a few weeks left to live. This is the final verdict. My fight is over.

I wish to thank my doctors and caregivers, whose efforts have been magnificent. My dear friends, who have given me a lifetime of memories and whose support has sustained me through these difficult months. And all of my partners at The Washington Post, Fox News, and Crown Publishing.

Lastly, I thank my colleagues, my readers, and my viewers, who have made my career possible and given consequence to my life's work. I believe that the pursuit of truth and right ideas through honest debate and rigorous argument is a noble undertaking. I am grateful to have played a small role in the conversations that have helped guide this extraordinary nation's destiny.

I leave this life with no regrets. It was a wonderful life – full and complete with the great loves and great endeavors that make it worth living. I am sad to leave, but I leave with the knowledge that I lived the life that I intended.

--  Charles Krauthammer
John Steinbeck

Oceander

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

@Lando Lincoln

Indeed!   Dr. Krauthamer has done well and knows better than most that none of us are getting out of here alive.

He is an amazing man.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Applewood

Geez!  I didn't always agree with Charles, but he could present arguments in a fair, intelligent, non-judgmental way that I found refreshing.

God bless you, Charles. 

Offline GrouchoTex

Sad news.
I've always enjoyed him on the round table at Fox.
Also, I've read quite a few of his editorials, back when  i'd receive a newspaper.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

One of the things I admire about him was the fact he never played the ‘poor me’ card, despite the accident early in his life.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 05:02:15 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online andy58-in-nh

I am absolutely crushed.

Charles Krauthammer is the rarest of political pundits: a brilliant and erudite man who expresses himself powerfully without the faintest trace of overblown self-regard.  He is the one person in public life whose opinions I always take seriously, even when I think I disagree with him. Just... damn.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
I am absolutely crushed.

Charles Krauthammer is the rarest of political pundits: a brilliant and erudite man who expresses himself powerfully without the faintest trace of overblown self-regard.  He is the one person in public life whose opinions I always take seriously, even when I think I disagree with him. Just... damn.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Lando Lincoln

I am absolutely crushed.

Perfectly stated. 
John Steinbeck

Online cato potatoe

Charles always had something original to say.  He made the panel discussions worth watching, and he has been/will be sorely missed.

Offline LucasWhite

• IMDEX.org - Image-based Encyclopedia
They say it comes in threes.  Spade, Bourdain, Krauthammer...yet more proof that he was a liberal all along.

Offline dfwgator

They say it comes in threes.  Spade, Bourdain, Krauthammer...yet more proof that he was a liberal all along.

Hey, was Red Schoendienst chopped liver?

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Once when interviewed, Rush Limbaugh was asked:

If you needed a brain transplant...or if you could switch brains with somebody else...who might that be?  He may have been asked to name three people...can't recall.

He said "Charles Krauthammer" without hesitation, and then expounded on his reasons...all which have been expressed here on the thread.

I dated his personal assistant/valet/secretary back in the early 90's and had the opportunity to meet him.

God Speed, sir! 

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
I am absolutely crushed.

Spot on

The guy was a class act.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline LucasWhite

• IMDEX.org - Image-based Encyclopedia
Hey, was Red Schoendienst chopped liver?

:silly:  Maybe Ozzie Smith and Vince Coleman next?

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Spot on

The guy was a class act.

@Wingnut

:amen:  and agreement with his vews or not has not one damned thing to do with it!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Krauthammer is not killing himself.  What a crappy thing to say.