Author Topic: Saudi Arabia turns to Halliburton for its fracking needs  (Read 1006 times)

Offline thackney

Saudi Arabia turns to Halliburton for its fracking needs
« on: June 07, 2018, 06:12:12 pm »
Saudi Arabia turns to Halliburton for its fracking needs
https://www.chron.com/business/energy/article/Saudi-Arabia-turns-to-Halliburton-for-its-12947347.php
May 27, 2018

Saudi Arabia will partner with Houston-based Halliburton as it hopes to unlock a natural gas revolution similar to the shale boom that began in the U.S. more than a decade ago.

State oil company Saudi Aramco signed a three-year contract Sunday with the North American fracking leader to handle the hydraulic fracturing and completions of its unconventional gas wells. Saudi Arabia hopes to rely much more on its domestic gas to power the Kingdom's electric grid.

Whiles Saudi Arabia is known as the world's largest oil exporter, it has vast supplies of gas as well, but much of it is difficult to recover from shale rock and tight sand. The goal is to use the unconventional drilling and fracking technologies developed in the U.S., especially in Texas, to tap into those gas resources....
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline thackney

Re: Saudi Arabia turns to Halliburton for its fracking needs
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2018, 06:14:00 pm »
https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2018/05/29/halliburton-saudi-aramco-ink-deal-to-increase.html

...Saudi Aramco was expected to begin producing natural gas in March from the Jafurah basin, which could rival the Eagle Ford, Bloomberg reported at the time. Last summer, CEO Amin Nasser said the company had plans to spend $300 billion over the next 10 years for projects related to maintaining spare capacity for oil as well as boosting exploration and production of conventional and unconventional gas, per Bloomberg.

The New York Times reported that Saudi Aramco has awarded $4.5 billion in contracts over the past year to international oil service companies to increase its gas production, but many failed to recover the gas at an economical price. ...

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2018, 06:55:42 pm »
Fraccing and the Middle East have never been related.

Now, the region finds itself beset with new opportunities in high potential but low permeability plays.  The solution is fraccing.

I traveled several times to the ME in the past 8 years to look at those plays.  Exorbitantly expensive to drill and develop as there were simply no frac crews whatsoever to test the wells being considered.

Times are now changing.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2018, 10:31:27 pm »
Well, they have plenty of sand..... :shrug:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2018, 12:31:43 am »
Well, they have plenty of sand..... :shrug:
That's what I thought when I evaluated fraccing some deep gas reservoirs in Oman.

Then the ops engineers told me the sand would come from Texas.....
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline thackney

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2018, 11:43:33 am »
That's what I thought when I evaluated fraccing some deep gas reservoirs in Oman.

Then the ops engineers told me the sand would come from Texas.....

When I worked in Yemen, we imported sand from other countries just for sand blasting steel before painting.