Author Topic: Trump claims thousands had to be rescued after going 'out in their boats to watch' Hurricane Harvey  (Read 15281 times)

Offline Lando Lincoln

PS  I love that this is my fault

Soooohhh... it's been you all along...
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline RoosGirl

As long as his actions on policy are conservative, I don’t care how he plays the media with his comments, whether intentional, exaggerated, or simply part of his speech pattern.

That's fine, but then say that.  Not some nonsense about this being "fake news" because the article obviously is pasting quotes together that don't belong.

Not speaking for anyone else, I never said anything about a doctored video.

The headline and tone of the story is enough to make my point. The media have an agenda, a mission. Make up breathless headlines, leave an impression, then move on. The doubt is set.

No, you just claimed the article was wrong because they had pasted together quotes that Trump hadn't said. 

Offline RoosGirl

Offline RoosGirl

Saying it's been doctored, or you don't understand is much easier than trying to absorb and make sense of what he's saying.

Truth.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
That's not what happens at all, but you go on with your bad self.  I'm enjoying *your* gyrations on trying to explain why he didn't say what he said.  He didn't "misspeak", he was just making shit up.  Hilarious.  Again, this is why Trump supporters here get so much shit about being "AlwaysTrump". 

PS  I love that this is my fault

@RoosGirl
Never said he didn't misspeak.   I said people misspeak all the time.   

Your life is defined by his mistakes.   Thats really strange
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline endicom

Candlelight Dinner?

That's a temple menorah. The type used in at home would have nine lamps so, as they say in Flatbush, she's two lamps short of a menorah.

@RoosGirl

Offline Frank Cannon

You forget, I understand Trumpese. You on the other hand, simply go after him with an agenda, which coincidentally mirrors the media’s.

Get the flock out of here. Roos is one of the hardest of the hard core Trumpists on the forum. She has no agenda. She is just setting the record straight.

Offline RoosGirl

@RoosGirl
Never said he didn't misspeak.   I said people misspeak all the time.   

Your life is defined by his mistakes.   Thats really strange

No no, you misunderstand me!  My life is defined by relishing the explanations from ATs on how Trump didn't do what he actually just did, whatever that thing may be.

Offline RoosGirl

Get the flock out of here. Roos is one of the hardest of the hard core Trumpists on the forum. She has no agenda. She is just setting the record straight.

Thank you for defending me.  I even said upthread "Trump is God."  How much clearer could I be?

Offline RoosGirl

That's a temple menorah. The type used in at home would have nine lamps so, as they say in Flatbush, she's two lamps short of a menorah.

@RoosGirl

LOL  I wondered if anyone else that read this thread would notice that.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
No no, you misunderstand me!  My life is defined by relishing the explanations from ATs on how Trump didn't do what he actually just did, whatever that thing may be.

@RoosGirl
Keep trying, perhaps you'll get someone to believe it.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

I concur.  Wrong target this time.

Offline RoosGirl

Offline Frank Cannon

Thank you for defending me.  I even said upthread "Trump is God."  How much clearer could I be?

I'm here to set the record straight for records being straightened.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
He really should be more careful.  No reason to piss off those who don't need to be pissed off.  Hurricane Harvey was a record setting storm, both in terms of rainfall and damage done.  Texans and our neighbors in Louisiana reacted magnificently and did a great job of rescuing, cleaning up and rebuilding.  We don't need anyone going off half cocked and saying stupid and untrue stuff.

Offline aligncare

That's fine, but then say that.  Not some nonsense about this being "fake news" because the article obviously is pasting quotes together that don't belong.

No, you just claimed the article was wrong because they had pasted together quotes that Trump hadn't said.

Apparently, you never tire of being wrong.

Offline RoosGirl

Apparently, you never tire of being wrong.

I do get tired of it, very quickly.  Today ain't the day.

Offline Lando Lincoln

@RoosGirl
Keep trying, perhaps you'll get someone to believe it.

dd... roos is making a valid observation.  I believe it despite attempts to deflect it.  President Trump often speaks in a disjointed, simple and poorly constructed style.  It was especially so at the FEMA session.   It is plainly and honestly true. 
John Steinbeck

Offline Lando Lincoln

John Steinbeck

Offline Lando Lincoln

Who are you trying to fool?  That's a fake transcript.

Apparently, I can't fool anyone. 
John Steinbeck

Offline RoosGirl

Offline aligncare

I read the story. The quote was treated as a run-on sentence in the deceitful headline.

First sentence: “They saved 16,000 people, many of them in Texas, for whatever reason that is," Trump said of the Coast Guard.” [period].

Next sentence: "People went out in their boats to watch the hurricane. That didn't work out too well."

First sentence was probably an exaggeration (though we don’t know what figures he was privy to and was using).

The second sentence was not subordinate to the first, it was a second thought, an anecdote. In Trump’s way of speaking the two weren’t connected.

Offline al_c

But that's not the point, y'all Texans are some dumbasses who had to be rescued by the government.

Such B.S.! In case you missed it, Texans got out there by the 1000s to help other Texans. Louisianans pitched in as well ... and Texans returned the favor. My cousin was one 100s that used their own boats to go out daily in the Houston area helping survivors.
al_c

Offline Frank Cannon

Such B.S.! In case you missed it, Texans got out there by the 1000s to help other Texans. Louisianans pitched in as well ... and Texans returned the favor. My cousin was one 100s that used their own boats to go out daily in the Houston area helping survivors.

Yeah, well you wouldn't have had to gone out and saved people if you didn't build a city in a swamp.