Author Topic: American Economy Just Went Off the Charts; “Never Before in History”  (Read 9540 times)

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
It does work.  And more politicians would gain the will if more voters would make it important to them.

Agree, 100%
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

It does work.  And more politicians would gain the will if more voters would make it important to them.
Yep, by forcing people to work, less homeless, less welfare, more jobs taken, more govt taxes, etc. etc. etc.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 10:05:45 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I have no doubt we are experiencing a strong employment rebound but you are right...

The details help tell the whole story.

'Whole story' aside, it's only fair and just that the same equation be used to calculate the so-called unemployment rate.

If we had to stomach BS numbers for 8 years of Obama, why can't we turn it back on 'them' (Dems/media)?

You should be celebrating that our side has, in less than 2 years, has smashed all employment records.

Why do you find that necessary to pooh-pooh?

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
OK Folks, what we demand of Obama, we ought to do the same for Trump -- What is the LABOR FORCE PARTICIPATION RATE? did it improve under Trump?

Isn't that the bottom line? Getting people not to sit around but to work?

@SirLinksALot

Is that  you,Terry McAuliffe? Getting into campaign mode for the 2020 presidential race?

Only a weasel Dim could dig hard to find bad in good news. I bet when someone you know has a baby you congratulate the mother,and then tells her "Not that it matters,the child is going to die sooner or later anyway".

If every Muslim in the world were to switch to being Quakers while Trump was president,you would be blaming him for people losing their religion.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Hater.

Democrat-troll.

Hillary-supporter.

HOW DARE YOU BESMIRCH THE PREZ BY PUTTING HE AND OBAMA IN THE SAME SENTENCE!

They have already told us, it is okay when Trump does and says those things that would have driven them into fits of rage if Obama had done and said the same things.  We cannot hold Trump to the same demands made of Obama, because .... because....

... just because.  He's Trump. 

No,because Obama never did anything positive. But then again,you know that and just don't care.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Total BS.  Hungry people will work.

@IsailedawayfromFR

If you are talking about Americans,I think most of them would prefer to riot to try to get "their" checks coming in again.

Online Lando Lincoln

Why do you find that necessary to pooh-pooh?

I’m not and I don’t.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Axeslinger

Mainstream conservatism has traditionally been in favor of sufficient immigration to keep the economy humming.   The Wall Street Journal (which most sane folks agree is conservative) in an editorial this morning recommended that Trump consider increased (legal) immigration. 

I am more of a conservative than your are on this issue.  You appear to be one of those alt-right nativists.  But know-nothingism is not conservative, it is rooted in xenophobia and even racism.   Those are NOT conservative values.

Oh, that’s just more bullshit out of your statist brain.  I’m all in favor of legal immigration from wherever (BTW, nice red herring on the equally bullshit “racist” barb),  however you’re all in favor of letting anything with a pulse in, no matter how they get here...as long as it gets more of your idiot liberal ideas pushed through.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
You appear to be one of those alt-right nativists.  But know-nothingism is not conservative, it is rooted in xenophobia and even racism.   Those are NOT conservative values.

I am more of a conservative than your are on this issue. 

That's funny as hell right there.

Using tried and true LEFTIST talking points on this very issue to insist that you are more Conservative than we are.

That's like Satan trying to convince everyone that he is more righteous than God on the issues.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline roamer_1

'Whole story' aside, it's only fair and just that the same equation be used to calculate the so-called unemployment rate.

If we had to stomach BS numbers for 8 years of Obama, why can't we turn it back on 'them' (Dems/media)?

Riiiiight. What does it matter if it is accurate or true?

What idiocy.

Online Lando Lincoln

What idiocy.

When there is a headline such as this, I hope I am always curious enough to ask questions to know what is behind the numbers. That’s fair, isn’t it?
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online DCPatriot

What idiocy.

Don't be anal.

So what if the 'Real' unemployment rate is 8% +/-?   

That same formula gave Obama a rate of 15%
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

When there is a headline such as this, I hope I am always curious enough to ask questions to know what is behind the numbers. That’s fair, isn’t it?

There's lies....damned lies...and then there's statistics.

The point is proportionately speaking we should be praising his policy's and leadership...as if we did for President Reagan.

Instead...because he's not morally fit for one's standards, he can't win for losing.

Offline roamer_1

Well, obviously bullshit is what's behind the numbers. Regardless of where they come from anymore.

Offline roamer_1

Don't be anal.

So what if the 'Real' unemployment rate is 8% +/-?   

That same formula gave Obama a rate of 15%

And turd polish is more important than accurate reporting.

Online DCPatriot

And turd polish is more important than accurate reporting.

So...you're the guy who feels better about himself to unilaterally use the "REAL" number...which the DEM/MSM totally ignored?

Cut the crap.  :whistle:

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
The point is proportionately speaking we should be praising his policy's and leadership...as if we did for President Reagan.

I never sang hosannas and worshipped Reagan like you people demand we do Trump.  I voted for Reagan twice, and trash talked him on issues I felt he was wrong about such as his Immigration deal and his absentee oopsie-status on Iran-Contra and yanking us out of Beirut after our marines got slaughtered there without payback.

What you ask for in regards to praising Trump is the same stupid shit the Leftists demanded everyone show Obama.

Not.  Gonna.  Happen.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline roamer_1

So...you're the guy who feels better about himself to unilaterally use the "REAL" number...which the DEM/MSM totally ignored?

Cut the crap.  :whistle:

Right. So now the REAL number is ignored all over, rendering the purpose of numbering moot, and the 'smashing of record' invalid as well, in all but the turd polishing sense.

Now it doesn't matter what is right or wrong or even accurate. It's all about the turd polish.
And in the mean time, no one knows what employment is actually doing on the ground, and whether actual efforts are producing actual improvements. It's all just  bigger bucket of turd polish than the last guy.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 12:01:45 am by roamer_1 »

Offline Frank Cannon

Right. So now the REAL number is ignored all over, rendering the purpose of numbering moot, and the 'smashing of record' invalid as well, in all but the turd polishing sense.

The only one ignoring the real numbers are you. Numerous times on these threads U6 numbers are dropped, but the devoted haters don't give a shit and are just around to crank off to an empty room.

Offline SirLinksALot

@SirLinksALot

Only a weasel Dim could dig hard to find bad in good news. I bet when someone you know has a baby you congratulate the mother,and then tells her "Not that it matters,the child is going to die sooner or later anyway".

If every Muslim in the world were to switch to being Quakers while Trump was president,you would be blaming him for people losing their religion.

Only a pure partisan will ignore the fact that the official unemployment rate was ALREADY TRENDING DOWN during Obama's term and posters in this forum were RIGHTLY concerned about labor force participation rates. As I said... THAT IS THE BOTTOM LINE regardless of who is President.

Now, if you have good news on that front, please share it with us. I will continue to bring this issue up everytime the official unemployment rate is brought up.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 12:29:06 am by SirLinksALot »

That has been my question from way back. Why include retired Senior Citizens in the labor force participation count?

The most relevant and important numbers are those who are of WORKING AGE.

So why then did you make a big deal on bringing it up if it means nothing?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline roamer_1

The only one ignoring the real numbers are you. Numerous times on these threads U6 numbers are dropped, but the devoted haters don't give a shit and are just around to crank off to an empty room.

Because numbers mean things Frank. Jacking the numbers just to claim 'historic record breaking' puts you in the same room with the putzes that awarded Obummer the Nobel Peace Prize.

Offline SirLinksALot

So why then did you make a big deal on bringing it up if it means nothing?

Ok, if you have improved numbers for those eligible workers who are not of retirement age, e.g. 18 to 61, I will be happy to read it. I brought the same issue up when Obama was President, and it is but fair to bring it up under Trump or whoever is POTUS.

@IsailedawayfromFR

If you are talking about Americans,I think most of them would prefer to riot to try to get "their" checks coming in again.
If they riot, are they eating?

If they are, someone is paying for them to eat, and it won't be me if they are off welfare.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 12:39:42 am by IsailedawayfromFR »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Because numbers mean things Frank. Jacking the numbers just to claim 'historic record breaking' puts you in the same room with the putzes that awarded Obummer the Nobel Peace Prize.

Nothing's being "jacked up" -- nothing.  You've got to get out and live the change that's taking place in the private sector.  It's a great time to be a part of it!