Author Topic: Indiana Teacher Forced to Resign Over Refusal to Use Transgender Pronouns  (Read 1422 times)

Offline endicom

Townhall
Brianna Heldt
June 6, 2018

After teaching orchestra in Brownsburg Community Schools for four years, 28-year-old John Kluge is being forced to resign.

The reason?

He refuses to call transgender students by their preferred names, versus the names they were given at birth.

"I really do care for all of my students," Kluge said, "which is why I don’t want to be compelled to speak in such a way that I believe I’ll be encouraging them in something that’s dangerous."

More... https://townhall.com/tipsheet/briannaheldt/2018/06/06/indiana-teacher-forced-to-resign-over-refusal-to-use-transgender-pronouns-n2487919

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I'm sort of torn on this one - the article says that the procedure for adopting another name is to have both parental and a doctor's permission.  Do we now say that the teacher knows better than the parents on this issue? 

And, for the record, I think "transgenderism" is a profound mental illness and is being pushed by the global left to our detriment.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 09:13:08 pm by Sanguine »

Offline endicom

I'm sort of torn on this one - the article says that the procedure for adopting another name is to have both parental and a doctor's permission.  Do we now say that the teacher knows better than the parents on this issue? 

And, for the record, I think "transgenderism" is a profound mental illness and is being pushed by the global left to our detriment.

What if the name change was to Hetero?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

What if the name change was to Hetero?

You want the teacher to make the decision if the parent gives the child a stupid name? 

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

Agree, on both counts. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Wait, first names are pronouns now?  Man, they really are changing the language.

On a related note, the other day I saw a table of like 30 different non-gender-specific pronouns.  I later wondered, if I were to use one of these non-gender-specific pronouns, but not the exact one some queer preferred, could I be fined by the state of CA?
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Wait, first names are pronouns now?  Man, they really are changing the language.

On a related note, the other day I saw a table of like 30 different non-gender-specific pronouns.  I later wondered, if I were to use one of these non-gender-specific pronouns, but not the exact one some queer preferred, could I be fined by the state of CA?

Even better, they can change their gender identity in a minute-by-minute basis, and you're supposed to read their minds.

If I were a teacher, I'd tell them to stuff it and that I'm not enabling child abuse.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan

Gender Neutral / Gender Inclusive Pronouns

A gender neutral or gender inclusive pronoun is a pronoun which does not associate a gender with the individual who is being discussed.

Some languages, such as English, do not have a gender neutral or third gender pronoun available, and this has been criticized, since in many instances, writers, speakers, etc. use “he/his” when referring to a generic individual in the third person. Also, the dichotomy of “he and she” in English does not leave room for other gender identities, which is a source of frustration to the transgender and gender queer communities.

People who are limited by languages which do not include gender neutral pronouns have attempted to create them, in the interest of greater equality.

HE/SHE   HIM/HER   HIS/HER   HIS/HERS   HIMSELF/HERSELF
zie   zim   zir   zis   zieself
sie   sie   hir   hirs   hirself
ey   em   eir   eirs   eirself
ve   ver   vis   vers   verself
tey   ter   tem   ters   terself
e   em   eir   eirs   emself

https://uwm.edu/lgbtrc/support/gender-pronouns/
 :#@$%:

Offline RoosGirl

A gender neutral or gender inclusive pronoun is a pronoun which does not associate a gender with the individual who is being discussed.

Some languages, such as English, do not have a gender neutral or third gender pronoun available, and this has been criticized, since in many instances, writers, speakers, etc. use “he/his” when referring to a generic individual in the third person. Also, the dichotomy of “he and she” in English does not leave room for other gender identities, which is a source of frustration to the transgender and gender queer communities.

People who are limited by languages which do not include gender neutral pronouns have attempted to create them, in the interest of greater equality.

It's still labeling a masculine and feminine, what's the difference?

It's still labeling a masculine and feminine, what's the difference?

I think it's trying to show that you could replace both he and she with simply zie, or sie.  Neither would imply a gender.

Unless, of course, you're writing in English.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten

Also, the dichotomy of “he and she” in English does not leave room for other gender identities, which is a source of frustration to the transgender and gender queer communities.

I filled out a survey at work today in which I was asked my gender, and one of the choices was queer.  I don't know what this actually means.  What is the definition of "queer" as a gender?  Does anyone here actually know?

Please note I'm not looking for jokes or comments that demean people who identify themselves that way;  I don't believe in making fun of the mentally ill.  I'm just curious as to what "queer" means as a gender.  When I was growing up "queer" was synonymous with "homosexual", but I don't think that's a gender.  Or maybe it is - the taxonomy of this particular mental illness is pretty confusing.
James 1:20

Offline goodwithagun

1. Anything ending in a hard “m” sound still insinuates “him,” and the same concept for anything ending in and “er” sound.
2. “Zieself” sounds like Sargent Shultz quoting Shakespeare, so yeah Nazis.
I stand with Roosgirl.

I filled out a survey at work today in which I was asked my gender, and one of the choices was queer.  I don't know what this actually means.  What is the definition of "queer" as a gender?  Does anyone here actually know?

Please note I'm not looking for jokes or comments that demean people who identify themselves that way;  I don't believe in making fun of the mentally ill.  I'm just curious as to what "queer" means as a gender.  When I was growing up "queer" was synonymous with "homosexual", but I don't think that's a gender.  Or maybe it is - the taxonomy of this particular mental illness is pretty confusing.

I suspect you're barking up the wrong tree looking for "a" definition.  It's probably supposed to mean what the person filling it out wants it to mean.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!

I refuse to use any of those absurd pronouns. Not participating in the glorification of mental illness.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline goodwithagun

My little horse must think it’s queer . . .

The mentally ill have hijacked our language and symbols. Queer means strange, gay means happy, and the rainbow is straight (no pun intended) out the Old Testament. Call them what they are: homosexuals and/or mentally ill.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
I suspect you're barking up the wrong tree looking for "a" definition.  It's probably supposed to mean what the person filling it out wants it to mean.

Yeah I think you're on to something.  The religious belief that all truth is subjective has now led to the conclusion that even words don't have fixed meanings, particularly words that describe fundamentals of human identity.  Verily, verily I say unto thee, this is nihilism.
James 1:20