Author Topic: WALSH: Millennials Are Selfish And Entitled Because They Were Raised By Selfish, Entitled Parents  (Read 461 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
ByMatt Walsh
@MattWalshBlog
June 6, 2018

Complaining about Millennials is America's favorite national pastime. As a Millennial, I have myself partaken in this hobby. There is quite a lot to complain about. My generation can often tend to be entitled, selfish, weak, and every other description with which we are all now familiar.

But it seems that hardly anyone ever stops to ask how we turned out this way. Our society is quite satisfied to ignore that question entirely. We assume that the Millennial is some sort of mythical beast who fell out of the sky in skinny jeans. Or perhaps he is like an Orc in Lord of the Rings, mined from the bowels of the Earth and unleashed upon our civilization to lecture us about diversity.

He is neither of those things. He was born, just as all humans are born, and he was raised — although perhaps "raised" is a bit of an overstatement. He was, rather, sustained with food and toys and television, and then sent out into the world with no moral or spiritual formation whatsoever. He is a selfish, entitled sort of person who was conditioned to be that sort of person. And who conditioned him?

Most Millennials have Boomer parents....

https://www.dailywire.com/news/31518/walsh-millennials-are-selfish-and-entitled-because-matt-walsh

Pretty good article.

Offline Frank Cannon

Just more tangible proof......Gen X'ers are effing AWESOME!!!!!

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Most Millennials have Boomer parents....

Bullshit.  Most Boomers have raised the productive GenX'ers.  Only tail ender Boomers (the lesser boomers) raised the ass hole generation we now refer to as "Millenniums"
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The article is a little overgeneralized. The older Millennials were mostly Boomer kids and tend to be more bratty and entitled. I've noticed though the younger ones who are GenX raised are quite a bit more levelheaded.

GenX went thru this in the Bill Clinton era which tried to revive the hippy dippy flower child view of the world with the Slacker subculture. Then we grew up and got it together by the time his second term.  I see Millennials doing the same thing as they get older, especially now that Obama is out of office.

The other thing is the rural interior ones tend to far less have those tendencies than their bi-coastal cousins.

I'm willing to give them a shot. I think in the end they might turn out pretty good. They seem to have a good knack of balancing being too tuned-in suburbanite drone yet not tuned-out commune dwellers. In other words, normal.
The Republic is lost.

Offline darroll

The boys are the girls and the girls are the boys.
Like the bumper sticker I saw (fight like a girl)