Author Topic: Melinda Gates Bashes ‘White Guys,’ Says She’ll Discriminate Against Them  (Read 1495 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Melinda Gates Bashes ‘White Guys,’ Says She’ll Discriminate Against Them 
The Federalist, Jun 5, 2018, Joy Pullmann

Melinda Gates has decided to enter the venture capital world by sending her money to people based at least partly on their sex and skin color, she said in a recent Fortune interview.

“It’s been incredibly disappointing to watch how few women-led businesses are getting funded,” Gates said. “Ultimately, if we want more innovation and better products, we’ve got to put more money behind women and minorities. That wasn’t happening, so I decided to step in and see what I could do to help a little bit.”

Here are other portions of her interview where Gates specifically says some criteria for how she invests in startups are race and sex. She clearly says she preferences women and non-whites over men and white people, specifically for these immutable characteristics that have nothing inherently to do with business success. “Over-index” is essentially a financial or data version of affirmative action.

I am specifically looking at funds who over-index on women-led and minority-led businesses.

I’m asking a lot of business questions about how they will go about their funding, how they will over-index on women’s businesses, and how they will hold themselves accountable for a great return.

Some of these big firms often believe in the white guy in a hoodie disrupting a whole industry. So we’re going to disrupt it by making sure we’re indexing for women and minorities because they’ve got great ideas.

Many of them think if they have one female at the table, they’ve done their job. Another big one is when they say that they have trouble finding women. Those are just excuses. They don’t know what investing in these areas looks like until they get several women who are partners in their firm.

Read more:  http://thefederalist.com/2018/06/05/melinda-gates-bashes-white-guys-says-shell-discriminate/#.WxbSgD92pO8.facebook

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Ok. Are you going to start with hubby ?

Come on. You’d be nothing but a suburban housewife soccer mom if you weren’t married to him.

Sigh.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 10:46:00 am by Freya »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Applewood

Someone once said liberalism is a mental illness.  This story proves it. 

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Is that legal? Could someone start a whites-only investment fund?

Online mountaineer

... sending her money to people based at least partly on their sex and skin color ...
You know what they say about a fool and her money (or her husband's money).
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline aligncare

Yes, ladies, take it from Melinda Gates and start your own home-based business: virtue signaling for fun and profit.

Offline LMAO

“Ultimately, if we want more innovation and better products, we’ve got to put more money behind women and minorities. That wasn’t happening, so I decided to step in and see what I could do to help a little bit.”

First off, whatever she wants to do with her money is her business. Secondly, I am all for minorities and women owning businesses.

But what evidence does she have that we will get more innovation and better products simply because a business is minority or female owned?

It sounds to me that she’s either negatively affected by white guilt, or, she’s  infected with the same affliction that affects all leftists. That affliction is that seeking diversity is the supreme goal that will fix everything that ails society
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 11:36:36 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Yes, ladies, take it from Melinda Gates and start your own home-based business: virtue signaling for fun and profit.
while your income is from marrying the same rich white guy you blame for the problem.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon

« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 06:35:40 pm by Wingnut »
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Hoodat

“Ultimately, if we want more innovation and better products, we’ve got to put more money behind women and minorities."

If you want more innovation and better products, then put your money behind people who innovate and build better products.  Duh.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Oceander

Offline aligncare

If you want more innovation and better products, then put your money behind people who innovate and build better products.  Duh.

Exactly. It was a cringe worthy statement. Identity politics has a strangle hold on American progress.

Offline RoosGirl

Is that because she knows what a fraud her husband is?

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

Let's all emulate Melinda Gates' formula for business success:  Marry a gazillionaire.   If you're not all that attractive,  focus on the nerdy-looking ones.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
while your income is from marrying the same rich white guy you blame for the problem.

BWHAHAHA! Ain't that the truth. Bill Gates is a rich white guy's rich white guy.
The Republic is lost.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Let's all emulate Melinda Gates' formula for business success:  Marry a gazillionaire.   If you're not all that attractive,  focus on the nerdy-looking ones.

She's bat shit crazier than her pinko husband.   

Statements like this make be happier by the day I phased out MS products.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Is that legal? Could someone start a whites-only investment fund?

White Guys (provided they're not gay, not that there's anything wrong with that) are not on the list of Protected Classes.  What she proposes is perfectly legal.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
White Guys (provided they're not gay, not that there's anything wrong with that) are not on the list of Protected Classes.  What she proposes is perfectly legal.

I'm not sure you could restrict investments to white guys only,  but I see no reason why you couldn't set up an investment fund intended only to invest in companies owned by white guys.

It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I'm not sure you could restrict investments to white guys only,  but I see no reason why you couldn't set up an investment fund intended only to invest in companies owned by white guys.

Sorry, I misread WTF's comment.  I don't think a fund could be restricted to "White's Only."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Frank Cannon

Good luck seeing a return on this money you stupid stuck up bitch.