Author Topic: BREAKING>> SCOTUS rules in favor of Colorado baker  (Read 21091 times)

Offline Suppressed

Re: BREAKING>> SCOTUS rules in favor of Colorado baker
« Reply #400 on: June 06, 2018, 09:45:49 pm »

Why the adjective "custom," then?  Why not just say they don't make wedding cakes?

All this cake talk has set off my cravings.  Can I get a wedding cake even if I don't have wedding plans?
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #401 on: June 06, 2018, 09:54:09 pm »
Why the adjective "custom," then?  Why not just say they don't make wedding cakes?

Because they DID make wedding cakes celebrating the time and memorial institution of matrimony between a man and a woman, which at the time was the only legal definition of marriage in the state of Colorado. And they customized them, being able to craft them into works of art per the desires of the couple or wedding party.

The homosexuals destroyed all of that - which was their intention from the beginning.

Because rather than going to the bakery down the street that markets themselves as serving homosexuals - they targeted this one precisely because the owner was open about his Christianity.

They chose to make an example of him and thus create a climate of intimidation for any business daring to refuse serving homosexual celebrations as a matter of conscience and faith.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #402 on: June 06, 2018, 09:57:58 pm »

All this cake talk has set off my cravings.  Can I get a wedding cake even if I don't have wedding plans?

I've been having the cake cravings since this story came out!  I remember the fellow that did a wonderful cake for my last marriage!  He would never have made one of these cakes either, and if he wasn't dead already the Lavender Mafia would be all over him, too.   **nononono*

It's killing me because I'm on a crash diet.  Down 30 Lbs since the beginning of March.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 09:58:41 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #403 on: June 06, 2018, 10:00:44 pm »
Again, from the website:  "Select from one of our galleries or order a custom design"

The truth hurts; sorry.

...and the "custom design" which the two gentlemen ordered, went against the Christian owner's principles.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #404 on: June 06, 2018, 10:09:02 pm »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-