Author Topic: BREAKING>> SCOTUS rules in favor of Colorado baker  (Read 21102 times)

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: BREAKING>> SCOTUS rules in favor of Colorado baker
« Reply #350 on: June 06, 2018, 03:14:22 pm »
We should go find gay bakers and ask each of them to produce a cake for successful gay conversion therapy.  A celebration type thing.

Better not do that in California.  Gay conversion therapy is illegal there.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #351 on: June 06, 2018, 03:19:51 pm »
Really?  Then you should have no problem showing that ad that shows that Masterpiece Bakery sells off-the-shelf wedding cakes.  Been waiting months to see it.  You continue to claim it.  Yet no ad.  Go figure.

I told you more than once - take a look at the Masterpiece Cakeshop website.   The gallery of items for sale and the instruction to choose from the items in the gallery or request a custom order.   If you don't like my term "off-the-shelf", then use the term "gallery" of items for sale that Phillips uses on his website.  These are non-custom designs, as per the website.   

Where we disagree is the record before the Court.  You apparently believe that Phillips would have provided a non-custom wedding cake to his gay customers.   I am not convinced of that.   

And as for your insinuation about my integrity - just like the inscription says on the cakemobile in Animal House:  <<Nope>>.   

« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 03:24:43 pm by Mod5 »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #352 on: June 06, 2018, 03:21:46 pm »
Notice the difference here.  I backed up my claim with the actual court decision.  Contrast that with what you backed your claims with - nothing.

It is clear you have integrity issues, Jazzhead.  Perhaps you should ask yourself why.  Seriously, why is it so important for you to reiterate the same false narrative again and again?  What do you gain from it?

He left the realm of proper debate a long time ago.  He now uses the "Three Pounds" realm.

If the facts are on your side, pound the facts.
If the facts are not on your side, pound the law.
If neither the facts or the law are not on your side, pound the table.

He's been pounding the table on this issue (and other liberal issues) ever since I first saw him here.  Ignoring points you make, even if you post a cite, is the name of the game.  It's part of the table-pounding.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 03:30:21 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #353 on: June 06, 2018, 03:24:36 pm »
He left the realm of proper debate a long time ago.  He now uses the "Three Pounds" realm.

If the facts are on your side, pound the facts.
If the facts are not on your side, pound the law.
If neither the facts or the law are not on your side, pound the table.

#4  Tell him to go Pound Sand.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #354 on: June 06, 2018, 03:26:51 pm »
It is clear you have integrity issues, Jazzhead.  Perhaps you should ask yourself why.  Seriously, why is it so important for you to reiterate the same false narrative again and again?  What do you gain from it?

It is what people do that are pushing agendas antithetical to the constitutions of a people they want to subjugate them to.

Convincing people that ideas and behaviors anathema to their principles and faith are morally superior is what he and his Leftist pals are engaged in.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #355 on: June 06, 2018, 03:34:28 pm »
I told you more than once - take a look at the Masterpiece Cakeshop website.   The gallery of items for sale and the instruction to choose from the items in the gallery or request a custom order.   If you don't like my term "off-the-shelf", then use the term "gallery" of items for sale that Phillips uses on his website.  These are non-custom designs, as per the website.   

Where we disagree is the record before the Court.  You apparently believe that Phillips would have provided a non-custom wedding cake to his gay customers.   I am not convinced of that.   

And as for your insinuation about my integrity - just like the inscription says on the cakemobile in Animal House:  <<Nope>>.   
I reiterate.....where in the constitution does it say a customer has the right to order a business person to make a certain kind product?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #356 on: June 06, 2018, 03:39:10 pm »
We should go find gay bakers and ask each of them to produce a cake for successful gay conversion therapy.  A celebration type thing.

There's been cases where a Muslim bakery has refused to make a cake for a gay "wedding".

https://www.louderwithcrowder.com/hidden-camera-gay-wedding-cake-at-muslim-bakery/

No outrage from the left on this one...no civil rights violation charges being filed.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #357 on: June 06, 2018, 03:41:39 pm »
I wonder if there is a way to put a term on ignore?  Something like "Colorado baker" or "gay wedding cake"?  I know, it's my fault for ever having commented on this thread.   

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #358 on: June 06, 2018, 03:51:18 pm »
@IsailedawayfromFR
In general the civil rights commissions around the country were not put in place to ensure all people were treated equal.
That may be so, but that is not the question.

The Supreme Court determined that the Commission violated the civil rights of a the baker.

There should be some punishment.

That Commission enacted punishment to the baker for certain, so how does the Commission get punished for the crime the court found it executed?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #359 on: June 06, 2018, 03:57:09 pm »

The Supreme Court determined that the Commission violated the civil rights of a the baker.

That Commission enacted punishment to the baker for certain, so how does the Commission get punished for the crime the court found it executed?

It's a government agency so chances are - not a damned thing.

My guess is nothing happens and Phillips is no better than he was before, except maybe the fines that were imposed will not have to be paid.

But it will be interesting to see if the government sues him again for failure to comply with all the 'training' and reports he was ordered to force his staff to undergo.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline thackney

« Reply #360 on: June 06, 2018, 04:04:48 pm »
I told you more than once - take a look at the Masterpiece Cakeshop website.   The gallery of items for sale and the instruction to choose from the items in the gallery or request a custom order.   If you don't like my term "off-the-shelf", then use the term "gallery" of items for sale that Phillips uses on his website.  These are non-custom designs, as per the website.   

And as for your insinuation about my integrity - just like the inscription on the cakemobile in Animal House:  <<Nope>>.   

This is the same website and picture from before the lawsuit.  The difference you are ignoring is at the top of the wedding page it states:

Masterpiece Cakeshop is not currently accepting requests to create custom wedding cakes. Please check back in the future.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 04:12:02 pm by Mod5 »
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #361 on: June 06, 2018, 04:17:17 pm »

For a good indication of this, it's instructive to look at another case that was decided that same day.  The court mooted a case by the government that challenged an attempt to get a minor illegal immigrant an abortion.  It was moot because the ACLU got the illegal an abortion while the case was pending.  The government asked the SCOTUS to sanction the ACLU for throwing a monkey wrench in the process and it refused.
I will NOT comply.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #362 on: June 06, 2018, 04:26:58 pm »

@IsailedawayfromFR
The city should pay all of his legal costs and damages for starters.   Then they should be thrown out of office and prosecuted in criminal and civil court.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #363 on: June 06, 2018, 04:28:10 pm »
I wonder if there is a way to put a term on ignore?  Something like "Colorado baker" or "gay wedding cake"?  I know, it's my fault for ever having commented on this thread.   

@Sanguine
Down at the bottom of the thread there is an 'unnotify' button.   But don't use it.  There's a 50/50 chance it could start a nuclear war.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #364 on: June 06, 2018, 04:32:55 pm »
I told you more than once - take a look at the Masterpiece Cakeshop website.

I have.  Several times.

The gallery of items for sale

No, the gallery is of items already created and sold.  Seriously, do you really expect some mom-and-pop baker to make wedding cakes in advance and store them in a cooler just hoping that someone walks in and buys it for a wedding taking place at that time?  Think, man.  Would a baker really invest that substantial amount of time and money to create something that would most likely spoil because people who have weddings plan ahead and order their cakes weeks in advance?

Good luck in finding someone whose last name starts with the letter 'P' and who needs a wedding cake tomorrow.  Maybe then you can unload this "off-the-shelf" cake for some buyer?  LMAO

And THIS is why you can't produce the evidence that backs up your claim.  It is because your claim is asinine to begin with.  But hey, it fits your narrative, which is why you even now continue to cling to it.  You clearly do not care how dishonest and stupid it makes you look.

These are non-custom designs, as per the website.

Still waiting on that link.  Because the Masterpiece Bakery website says no such thing.  You made it up.

Where we disagree is the record before the Court.  You apparently believe that Phillips would have provided a non-custom wedding cake to his gay customers.

If it was a gay man marrying a gay woman, then yes.  But of course that has nothing at all with what the court documents say.  They are clear.  The baker offered to bake any other cake for the customers.  But he does not make wedding cakes for same-sex weddings.  If you are the lawyer you claim to be, then you should have zero problem understanding the wording of the ruling.  But I suspect that you really aren't interested in truth here, but are only interested in pushing an agenda, and will tell any lie you can come up with to support it.

And as for your insinuation about my integrity -   

Your posts speak for themselves.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 04:34:54 pm by Hoodat »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #365 on: June 06, 2018, 04:36:47 pm »
@Sanguine
Down at the bottom of the thread there is an 'unnotify' button.   But don't use it.  There's a 50/50 chance it could start a nuclear war.

That button doesn't start a nuclear war.  It lights up the Christmas Tree on the White House lawn (at least that is what I think it does.  It doesn't get you off the "Latest Posts" hook.)
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #366 on: June 06, 2018, 04:43:02 pm »
Still waiting on that link.  Because the Masterpiece Bakery website says no such thing.  You made it up.

Your posts speak for themselves.

Since he seems reluctant to post a link, here it is:

http://masterpiececakes.com/wedding-cakes/

It says in bold type at the top:
Wedding

Masterpiece Cakeshop is not currently accepting requests to create custom wedding cakes. Please check back in the future.
I will NOT comply.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #367 on: June 06, 2018, 04:47:34 pm »
That button doesn't start a nuclear war.  It lights up the Christmas Tree on the White House lawn (at least that is what I think it does.  It doesn't get you off the "Latest Posts" hook.)

If you stop visiting the thread it will stop notifying you.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #368 on: June 06, 2018, 05:05:51 pm »
If you stop visiting the thread it will stop notifying you.

No, it will not.  If you have one post in a thread from months ago, you will be notified of unread posts whenever you click "Show new replies to your posts."  I've had to go back into threads and delete my posts to get those threads to stop showing up on that page.
I will NOT comply.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #369 on: June 06, 2018, 05:08:23 pm »
I think it's about time to lock this thread...

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #370 on: June 06, 2018, 05:11:45 pm »
I think it's about time to lock this thread...

nooooo!  let it die a natural death

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #371 on: June 06, 2018, 05:13:02 pm »
nooooo!  let it die a natural death

LOL....okay but there is other news out there.. :shrug:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #372 on: June 06, 2018, 05:15:15 pm »
LOL....okay but there is other news out there.. :shrug:

...and there are better things to do that circling the drain entertaining circular arguments. 9999hair out0000
I will NOT comply.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #373 on: June 06, 2018, 05:16:41 pm »
...and there are better things to do that circling the drain entertaining circular arguments. 9999hair out0000

@Cyber Liberty   @mystery-ak
Well I can stay here at my desk and write security policies for a healthcare organization or I can go put the finishing touches on my kayak.

hmmmm

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #374 on: June 06, 2018, 05:17:51 pm »
Since he seems reluctant to post a link, here it is:

http://masterpiececakes.com/wedding-cakes/

It says in bold type at the top:

Jazzhead is talking about the gallery.  If you scroll through the gallery photos, you will see cakes that Jazzhead insists are sitting on the shelf waiting for a buyer.  And it is these ficticious cakes that Jazzhead insists were denied to the plaintiffs.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-