Author Topic: US economy looking strong for rest of 2018 and 2019 despite trade fears  (Read 921 times)

Offline endicom

Next Big Future
Brian Wang
June 2, 2018

Friday’s economic data provided evidence the U.S. economy is heading into the second half of 2018 with strong momentum. Economists are slowly ratcheting up expectations for growth through the end of the year, with widely followed measures putting the second quarter at between 3.6 percent and 4.8 percent.

There are fears that of a trade war and a synchronized global slowdown.

The Atlanta Fed’s GDPNow tracker sees the second quarter rising by 4.8 percent. While the measure also was strongly optimistic on the first quarter as well, at one point estimating 5.4 percent growth, other gauges are positive as well. CNBC’s Rapid Update, for instance, puts the April-to-June period at 3.6 percent.

More... https://www.nextbigfuture.com/2018/06/us-economy-looking-strong-for-rest-of-2018-and-2019-despite-trade-fears.html

Offline endicom

This could be important to the upcoming elections.

Offline Frank Cannon

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

The Atlanta Fed’s GDPNow tracker sees the second quarter rising by 4.8 percent. While the measure also was strongly optimistic on the first quarter as well, at one point estimating 5.4 percent growth,

Yeah, how'd that work out again?

I know when I want a GDP estimate, I look to the ATL Fed.  But only for a good laugh.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.