Author Topic: Denver police arrest Uber driver after passenger is shot dead  (Read 642 times)

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Reuters
Keith Coffman
JUNE 1, 2018

DENVER (Reuters) - A driver with the ride-sharing service Uber was arrested on Friday for suspicion of first-degree murder after Denver police said he fatally shot a passenger in his vehicle.

Michael Andre Hancock, 29, was being held without bond in the Denver County jail pending the formal filing of charges, according to jail records. It was unclear if he had legal representation.

According to a Denver Police probable cause affidavit, on Friday morning a man later identified as Hancock told a motorist on the side of a highway that he had just shot a rider who tried to attack him.

Police found a sedan stopped perpendicular to traffic on a ramp and a man with gunshot wounds lying on the floor board of the front passenger seat, the affidavit said.

The Denver Medical Examiner’s Office identified the dead man as Hyun Kim, 45.

(more)
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-uber-crime-colorado/denver-police-arrest-uber-driver-after-passenger-is-shot-dead-idUSKCN1IY00U
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline WarmPotato

• TheWarmPotato
  • Follow WarmPotato on YTB
    • My Youtube Channel
Re: Denver police arrest Uber driver after passenger is shot dead
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2018, 05:17:15 am »
Damn, shit got crazy fast in Denver  8888crybaby
Check out my youtube Channel!

https://youtu.be/b6E3JS3Dmaw

Offline Applewood

Re: Denver police arrest Uber driver after passenger is shot dead
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2018, 11:23:39 am »
Before condemning Uber or the driver, I'd like too know exactly what went on in that vehicle.  There have been some allegations lately that Uber doesn't adequately investigate its drivers.  But I can also tell some stories about cab drivers and shuttle drivers too.  There are bad apples in every profession and despite an employer's best efforts, one of those bad apples can still be hired.  I don't know that there is a 100% foolproof way of screening applicants. 

But as I said, this could have been a robbery gone bad.  Or maybe the driver and passenger knew each other and this was a result of an argument.  Could be plenty of possible explanations that may have nothing to do with Uber.  Would rather wait for the whole story before opining.