Author Topic: Exclusive: Pope convenes Big Oil, investors to talk climate change  (Read 822 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Axios
Amy Harder
7 hours ago

Pope Francis is hosting a gathering next week at the Vatican with executives of major oil producers and investment firms to talk about how the companies can address climate change, according to several people familiar with the event.

Why it matters: It’s one of the most significant developments showing how corporations are working with other world leaders on climate change amid President Trump’s whole-scale retreat on the issue.

Situational awareness: One year ago today, Trump announced his intention to withdraw America from the Paris climate deal, which now has support from every country except the United States. Three years ago, Pope Francis wrote his encyclical — a papal letter sent to all bishops of the Roman Catholic Church — on the importance of addressing climate change, a first in the church’s history.

Here’s a list of some of the participants in the private conference, with more expected:

(more)
https://www.axios.com/exclusive-pope-convenes-big-oil-investors-to-talk-climate-change-1527810398-44c1f3bb-37ed-4b98-a0a5-b6b65a3bffea.html
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: Exclusive: Pope convenes Big Oil, investors to talk climate change
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2018, 07:25:16 pm »
Sounds like a very Pope-ish thing to do. I'm sure Jesus is very worried about 'Climate Change' and global oil investors.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2018, 01:47:36 am »
What a stupid naive thing the Vicar of Christ is doing.

The only thing this will accomplish is this will drive more people away from the church
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2018, 02:47:34 am »
And people still deny that global warming is a religion.