Author Topic: Avenatti withdraws motion to represent Stormy Daniels in Cohen case  (Read 499 times)

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

The Hill
BY LYDIA WHEELER
05/30/18 01:33 PM EDT

Michael Avenatti has withdrawn his request to represent adult-film star Stormy Daniels in the case centered on the FBI raid of President Trump’s attorney Michael Cohen.

Shortly after a conference hearing Wednesday in a federal district court in Manhattan, Avenatti withdrew his request to weigh in on the case.

Cohen is reportedly being investigated, among other things, for the $130,000 he paid Daniels ahead of the 2016 presidential election to keep quiet about the affair she says she had with Trump.
Avenatti reportedly faced tough questions during the hearing from federal District Judge Kimba Wood, who told him in court on Wednesday he would have to stop his “publicity tour” if he wanted to participate in the case.

Cohen’s attorneys fought hard to keep Avenatti from joining the case, arguing in court filings that he’s has created a “carnival atmosphere” by making public statements and doing national TV appearances in which he’s shared nonpublic information and made misrepresentations about Cohen. 

(more)
http://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/389915-avenatti-withdraws-motion-to-represent-stormy-daniels-in-cohen-case
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
Excellent, now the excuse to delay is gone ;).
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
The judge said in court Wednesday that the review must be completed by June 15  and any remaining material would be turned over to a government “taint-team,” the New York Daily News reported.

Knowing the subject matter, they can’t come up with a better term for the team?  I guess some things were just meant to be.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
The Judge, Kimba Wood, told him that he had to choose between being a talking head on cable talk shows/news or being an actual serious lawyer. He chose television, and dropped Stormy like a two-bit ho.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Oceander

The Judge, Kimba Wood, told him that he had to choose between being a talking head on cable talk shows/news or being an actual serious lawyer. He chose television, and dropped Stormy like a two-bit ho.

He didn’t drop her.  He dropped his request to participate in the Cohen case - a case in which she is not a party at present - because the judge was clearly going to crimp his style. 

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
He didn’t drop her.  He dropped his request to participate in the Cohen case - a case in which she is not a party at present - because the judge was clearly going to crimp his style.

My mistake. I thought this was about the payment Cohen made, and the NDA. I guess I have my cases mixed up.