Author Topic: Trump Breaks His Silence On Roseanne  (Read 8264 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Re: Trump Breaks His Silece On Roseanne
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2018, 08:38:45 pm »
@edpc
Don't mistake ignorance for having a life and real things going on other then starting fights here.

Yeah, @driftdiver ... you are so right.  Sometimes I think it is @edpc mission in life to irritate people here.  I would ban him if I could.  He hasn't had an original thought since I've known him.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2018, 08:42:32 pm »
   Why does he even feel the need to wade into all this crap @Right_in_Virginia?
    I look around and I see MANY, MANY more pressing problems deserving of his attention. 
    If you and others feel it's just my TDS'ism please spare me the lecture and lets all try to get on the same page, I'm not a Hater! 
    Is all this tweet BS even necessary for a successful Presidency in this 'shiny squirrel' society, have we become this stupid?

I wish nobody tweeted except maybe the occasional bird, @corbe but this issue is far more important than one show being cancelled.

This issue shows the utter ruthlessness of the leftist media.  They try constantly to put on shows with a leftist (or politically correct) stance.  That unfortunate tweet by Roseanne was just an excuse.  Her show was too popular with us hillbillies.

You're not a hater but you can be really dumb about some things.

Online corbe

« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2018, 08:44:09 pm »
   @Emjay the writers had already announced they were moving away from the Trump narrative to increase ratings and with the characters on the show we all knew where they were going to go, LBGTQ. 
    She would have successfully infused 'HER' agenda into Trump's GOP with his tacit approval.

*no, I've never watched her.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2018, 08:51:58 pm »
He hasn't had an original thought since I've known him.

Says the sentient Mesquite stump.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2018, 08:54:52 pm »
   @Emjay the writers had already announced they were moving away from the Trump narrative to increase ratings and with the characters on the show we all knew where they were going to go, LBGTQ. 
    She would have successfully infused 'HER' agenda into Trump's GOP with his tacit approval.

*no, I've never watched her.

Well, I've never watched Modern Family.  What difference does that make.

My daughter and I loved the original Roseanne show except for the last couple of seasons and I did watch the new show.  The first episode made me cringe and they were right to back away from the politics.  But the next shows were really fun ... a little more serious and dealing with real family issues.

You have no idea where they were going with this show and I don't care.  You are totally missing the point of the ruthless tyranny of the entertainment media.

They made a huge mistake cancelling a top rated show, Last Man Standing.  I had never seen or heard of this show until they did that.  Now, it's been re-booted and it's all over re-runs. I hate sitcoms but this one is pretty funny.

Offline MOD8

Re: Trump Breaks His Silence On Roseanne
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2018, 08:56:42 pm »

Online corbe

« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2018, 08:58:56 pm »
   I Resemble/Resent that MOD8.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2018, 09:04:14 pm »
Really stupid thing for POTUS to comment on and get involved in.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2018, 09:05:08 pm »
   I Resemble/Resent that MOD8.

It's not you, baby, it may be me.  Or it could be the people who disagree with us.

MOD8 is going to have to be more specific.

Online corbe

« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2018, 09:07:12 pm »
   I never watch that stuff but I don't begrudge those among US that do (usually) @Emjay.
   I just think all this is a distraction and people like Roseanne, unlike perhaps Tim Allen, never had an original thought and would gleefully drag Christian Conservatives further down the hole that she's in  ~ Bob Dylan.

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2018, 09:07:30 pm »
Who on ABC made racist comments about Trump? 

Added: Ahh, Sarah Huckabee Sanders actually addressed this:
1) Jenelle Hill
2) Joy Behar
3) Kathy Griffin
4) Keith Olbermann

Interesting.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 09:14:50 pm by LauraTXNM »
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2018, 09:12:26 pm »

Says the sentient Mesquite stump.

@Emjay

Oh, I don't know Emjay.

I though @MOD8's mssg was crystal clear.

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Online corbe

« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2018, 09:16:32 pm »
        I did to @To-Whose-Benefit? I've already applied:

Offline LauraTXNM

« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2018, 09:17:54 pm »
It's not you, baby, it may be me.  Or it could be the people who disagree with us.

MOD8 is going to have to be more specific.

@MOD8  I hope s/he is.  I'm not sure what happened.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2018, 09:18:00 pm »
@edpc
Ahh so you think the President shouldn't say anything on a major holiday

the hate is eating you up

I believe there was a tweet, possibly from the official White House account, honoring those who died in service to this country.  Trump did not need to use the occasion to campaign for 2020.

Offline LauraTXNM

« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2018, 09:18:58 pm »
I believe there was a tweet, possibly from the official White House account, honoring those who died in service to this country.  Trump did not need to use the occasion to campaign for 2020.

Agreed, @Applewood.  It was really tasteless.

Online corbe

« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2018, 09:19:31 pm »
   My PM's indicate that corbe was trolling again, ungraciously, as usual.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 09:20:11 pm by corbe »

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2018, 09:22:49 pm »
I wish nobody tweeted except maybe the occasional bird, @corbe but this issue is far more important than one show being cancelled.

This issue shows the utter ruthlessness of the leftist media.  They try constantly to put on shows with a leftist (or politically correct) stance.  That unfortunate tweet by Roseanne was just an excuse.  Her show was too popular with us hillbillies.

You're not a hater but you can be really dumb about some things.

@Emjay

How many real issues are more important then the media bias?  The media has a huge impact on popular opinion, on elections, on issues like gun control.  Their impact is massive.

We complain all the time about media bias.  Then when someone tweaks the media and might have some marginal impact to reduce media bias what do we do?  We complain because it was Trump who said something.

Unfreakin believeable
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2018, 09:26:25 pm »
        I did to @To-Whose-Benefit? I've already applied:

@corbe That's beautiful. I'm stealing it.

888high58888
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Online corbe

« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2018, 09:34:20 pm »
   I acknowledge your concerns @driftdiver I just refuse to accept the premise, as you seem to have, that we should get down in the mud with them.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2018, 09:35:34 pm »
   I acknowledge your concerns @driftdiver I just refuse to accept the premise, as you seem to have, that we should get down in the mud with them.

Get down in the mud with whom?  Trolls?
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2018, 09:36:12 pm »
   I never watch that stuff but I don't begrudge those among US that do (usually) @Emjay.
   I just think all this is a distraction and people like Roseanne, unlike perhaps Tim Allen, never had an original thought and would gleefully drag Christian Conservatives further down the hole that she's in  ~ Bob Dylan.

You could not be more wrong if you tried, @corbe.  Roseanne is an enormous talent.  She had a top rated show for ten years and, yeah, it was funny back then.  Who are you to judge her?  I'm not crazy about her but she's more talented than Bob whoosit.  And Tim Allen is a real talent.  The show ... not so much.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2018, 09:37:40 pm »
@Emjay

How many real issues are more important then the media bias?  The media has a huge impact on popular opinion, on elections, on issues like gun control.  Their impact is massive.

We complain all the time about media bias.  Then when someone tweaks the media and might have some marginal impact to reduce media bias what do we do?  We complain because it was Trump who said something.

Unfreakin believeable

Amen, my brother @driftdiver   Sometimes I think we deserve to become England unless we wise up quickly.

Online corbe

« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2018, 09:47:51 pm »
   @Emjay I was trying in that post to not appear judgmental toward anyone here.
    Roseanne and Trump though I've never watched any of their productions, are fair game, not Briefers.
    I just shared my opinion about Roseanne and the general state of what passes for entertainment in America now days all the way up to our Reality TV star President.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2018, 09:56:21 pm »
   @Emjay I was trying in that post to not appear judgmental toward anyone here.
    Roseanne and Trump though I've never watched any of their productions, are fair game, not Briefers.
    I just shared my opinion about Roseanne and the general state of what passes for entertainment in America now days all the way up to our Reality TV star President.

I'd hate to see you when you WERE trying to appear judgmental.  @corbe You do this all the time and then you get all innocent and claim no offense.

Well, it is offensive.  I love TV and that does not make me dumb.  But there's very little good on television these days. 

If you were not so set on being 'clever' you would realize that Trump has saved this country and deserves your respect, not your cheap shots.