Author Topic: Trump Breaks His Silence On Roseanne  (Read 8263 times)

Offline corbe

Re: Trump Breaks His Silence On Roseanne
« Reply #150 on: June 01, 2018, 07:15:34 pm »
    You NT'ers need to get past your BS and award Trump his:

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #151 on: June 01, 2018, 10:11:42 pm »
    You NT'ers need to get past your BS and award Trump his:

No, @corbe  That award is for you.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline corbe

« Reply #152 on: June 01, 2018, 10:19:30 pm »
   I'll take it @Emjay there are still a few of us here that are trying to keep this place from going 'full on' Trump Central, like TOS and Trumpbart.
   We are rarely applauded for our efforts and this trophy is positive 'affirmation' for me.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Hoodat

Re: Trump Breaks His Silece On Roseanne
« Reply #153 on: June 02, 2018, 12:06:52 am »
@Hoodat   The budget is the thing that NTers continue to bludgeon Trump with.

As someone who is neither AT nor NT, I can attest that there are a great number of people here - people like me - who champion Conservatism.  And the first rule of Conservatism is that you don't spend money you don't have.  So no, this isn't a NT thing.  It is a Conservative thing, which is why you don't recognize it.

And it isn't about bludgeoning Trump.  It is about decrying the fact that our deficit is higher now than it was when Obama left office.  And there is nothing at all Conservative about that.

@HoodatYeah, because it is all they've got.

You woefully underestimate the shortcomings of this Administration.  By the way, how is that wall coming along?

However, questionable that budget was ... and we don't really know,

But we do know.  It was $1 trillion more than we had.  That is $1 trillion that will not be available for investment capital for our economic future.

it was better than an extended fight leading to nowhere.

Extended fight?  We gave Democrats more than they even asked for.  Extended fight?  Hell, there was zero fight.  We even gave Planned Parenthood half a billion dollars just for good measure.

Right now, Trump and America are the same in the sense that he is fighting to protect American values in so many ways.

I don't have a problem with that.  But that fact doesn't compel me to lie about the bad stuff not really being bad at all.  Obviously, you are easily compelled in that regard.

Your failed zinger because a poster chose not to call out specific people is pathetic.  It would have been wrong to do so.

It is equally wrong to bring up the NT boogeyman again and again while directing comments to this forum, just as you have done.  Once again, the fallacy here is that if anyone opposes Trump on anything, then that person is NT.  It is a lie, and one that I have grown sick of over the past two years.  And it is also cowardly.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #154 on: June 02, 2018, 02:10:16 am »
As someone who is neither AT nor NT, I can attest that there are a great number of people here - people like me - who champion Conservatism.  And the first rule of Conservatism is that you don't spend money you don't have.  So no, this isn't a NT thing.  It is a Conservative thing, which is why you don't recognize it.

And it isn't about bludgeoning Trump.  It is about decrying the fact that our deficit is higher now than it was when Obama left office.  And there is nothing at all Conservative about that.

You woefully underestimate the shortcomings of this Administration.  By the way, how is that wall coming along?

But we do know.  It was $1 trillion more than we had.  That is $1 trillion that will not be available for investment capital for our economic future.

Extended fight?  We gave Democrats more than they even asked for.  Extended fight?  Hell, there was zero fight.  We even gave Planned Parenthood half a billion dollars just for good measure.

I don't have a problem with that.  But that fact doesn't compel me to lie about the bad stuff not really being bad at all.  Obviously, you are easily compelled in that regard.

It is equally wrong to bring up the NT boogeyman again and again while directing comments to this forum, just as you have done.  Once again, the fallacy here is that if anyone opposes Trump on anything, then that person is NT.  It is a lie, and one that I have grown sick of over the past two years.  And it is also cowardly.

You used a lot of words @Hoodat ... and thanks for throwing in that little zinger about me not being conservative.  Cute.  You were also personal in implying that I don't have a problem with lying.

I think bad stuff is bad.  I just don't see as much bad stuff as you do and I see a heck of a lot more good stuff.

If I've called you NT, it's because that is the general impression you give.  But I don't think I've called you NT because I try not to insult people personally.  You should consider doing that.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #155 on: June 02, 2018, 02:17:19 am »
You used a lot of words @Hoodat ... and thanks for throwing in that little zinger about me not being conservative.  Cute.  You were also personal in implying that I don't have a problem with lying.

I think bad stuff is bad.  I just don't see as much bad stuff as you do and I see a heck of a lot more good stuff.

If I've called you NT, it's because that is the general impression you give.  But I don't think I've called you NT because I try not to insult people personally.  You should consider doing that.