Author Topic: Trump Breaks His Silence On Roseanne  (Read 8262 times)

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Trump Breaks His Silence On Roseanne
« on: May 30, 2018, 07:21:22 pm »
dailycaller
Saagar Enjeti
White House Correspondent
11:33 AM 05/30/2018

[excerpt]

http://dailycaller.com/2018/05/30/trump-breaks-his-silence-on-roseanne/

President Donald Trump broke his conspicuous silence the cancellation of Roseanne Barr’s show on ABC.

Bob Iger of ABC called Valerie Jarrett to let her know that “ABC does not tolerate comments like those” made by Roseanne Barr. Gee, he never called President Donald J. Trump to apologize for the HORRIBLE statements made and said about me on ABC. Maybe I just didn’t get the call?

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) May 30, 2018
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 08:49:21 pm by Machiavelli »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

• Wulf Anson Author
Re: Trump Breaks His Silece On Roseanne
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2018, 07:22:52 pm »
 :laughingdog:
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2018, 07:32:14 pm »
It must’ve been really bothersome to have the press talking about Roseanne so much, because he immediately made it about himself.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2018, 07:34:22 pm »
It must’ve been really bothersome to have the press talking about Roseanne so much, because he immediately made it about himself.

Nailed it.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2018, 07:36:06 pm »

Yeah a politician would never ever use something like this as a lever to point out the hypocrisy of the left.  never

Nope it must be Trump hate

Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline edpc

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2018, 07:42:34 pm »

Yeah a CiC would never use something like fallen soldiers to promote himself on Memorial Day.  Never.

Nope it must be malignant narcissism.

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2018, 07:46:53 pm »
Yeah a politician would never ever use something like this as a lever to point out the hypocrisy of the left.  never

Nope it must be Trump hate

ABC would have fired Trump ages ago if it was They who held His contract and not the American voters.

Online corbe

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2018, 07:48:31 pm »
   Another example of his ludicrous tweets and phone calls giving some of US the impression that he's often times stepping on his d*ck.

President Trump phones Roseanne Barr after successful 'Roseanne' premiere

Erin Jensen, USA TodayPublished 10:12 a.m. ET March 29, 2018 | Updated 3:37 p.m. ET March 29, 2018

President Trump may have recently bashed the Oscars and Oprah Winfrey on 60 Minutes, but here's one show he can get behind — one that centers around a fictional supporter of his, played by a real-life one: Roseanne. So much so, he reached out to the show's co-creator and star, Roseanne Barr, to congratulate her on the stellar premiere.

Tuesday's hour-long block of the sitcom's revival averaged 18.2 million viewers, according to Nielsen. That's a 10% increase over the 16.6 million viewers documented for the series finale, which aired in 1997. It also bested reliable ratings-getters NCIS and The Voice.

The White House confirmed to the Associated Press that Trump placed a Wednesday night phone call to the actress behind the brazen Roseanne Conner.

<..snip..>

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2018/03/29/trump-calls-roseanne-barr-ratings/469003002/

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2018, 07:55:40 pm »
Yeah a CiC would never use something like fallen soldiers to promote himself on Memorial Day.  Never.

Nope it must be malignant narcissism.

@edpc
Ahh so you think the President shouldn't say anything on a major holiday

the hate is eating you up

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2018, 07:56:12 pm »
   Another example of his ludicrous tweets and phone calls giving some of US the impression that he's often times stepping on his d*ck.

President Trump phones Roseanne Barr after successful 'Roseanne' premiere

Erin Jensen, USA TodayPublished 10:12 a.m. ET March 29, 2018 | Updated 3:37 p.m. ET March 29, 2018

President Trump may have recently bashed the Oscars and Oprah Winfrey on 60 Minutes, but here's one show he can get behind — one that centers around a fictional supporter of his, played by a real-life one: Roseanne. So much so, he reached out to the show's co-creator and star, Roseanne Barr, to congratulate her on the stellar premiere.

Tuesday's hour-long block of the sitcom's revival averaged 18.2 million viewers, according to Nielsen. That's a 10% increase over the 16.6 million viewers documented for the series finale, which aired in 1997. It also bested reliable ratings-getters NCIS and The Voice.

The White House confirmed to the Associated Press that Trump placed a Wednesday night phone call to the actress behind the brazen Roseanne Conner.

<..snip..>

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2018/03/29/trump-calls-roseanne-barr-ratings/469003002/

proof that its Trumps fault

Online corbe

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2018, 08:00:06 pm »
   @driftdiver

The only thing that is Trump's fault is his running for President because we all know from subsequent tweets that Auhnold killed the 'Apprentice' franchise.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2018, 08:01:04 pm »

:facepalm2:  The President made the same point--effectively--about the double standard many Briefers have been making.

Online corbe

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2018, 08:08:07 pm »
   Why does he even feel the need to wade into all this crap @Right_in_Virginia?
    I look around and I see MANY, MANY more pressing problems deserving of his attention. 
    If you and others feel it's just my TDS'ism please spare me the lecture and lets all try to get on the same page, I'm not a Hater! 
    Is all this tweet BS even necessary for a successful Presidency in this 'shiny squirrel' society, have we become this stupid?

Offline edpc

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2018, 08:08:46 pm »
@edpc

If you are OK with this, you’re the one with the problem – not me.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 08:09:46 pm by edpc »

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2018, 08:10:26 pm »
   Why does he even feel the need to wade into all this crap @Right_in_Virginia?
    I look around and I see MANY, MANY more pressing problems deserving of his attention. 
    If you and others feel it's just my TDS'ism please spare me the lecture and lets all try to get on the same page, I'm not a Hater! 
    Is all this tweet BS even necessary for a successful Presidency in this 'shiny squirrel' society, have we become this stupid?

@corbe
Because its a great opportunity to stick a finger in the eye of the liberal elites by reminding everyone of their duplicity.

This is an example of why the left wins.   They always keep their eye on the ball and attack the right target.   Conservatives will always turn to friendly fire.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2018, 08:11:14 pm »

If you are OK with this, you’re the one with the problem – not me.

@edpc
If it gets  you all riled up then you are the one needing therapy.

Normal people aren't looking at his tweets on a holiday.

Online corbe

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2018, 08:13:20 pm »
   Seems some here can't stand a 'little water on their backs' @edpc

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2018, 08:22:27 pm »
   Seems some here can't stand a 'little water on their backs' @edpc

@corbe
Do you regularly talk about people behind their backs?

Offline edpc

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2018, 08:23:32 pm »
Normal people aren't looking at his tweets on a holiday.

For some people, it’s actually their job. Since it was reported in a number of news outlets, that’s how I knew about it.  Your ignorance, however, is neither new nor surprising.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2018, 08:24:31 pm »

For some people, it’s actually their job. Since it was reported in a number of news outlets, that’s how I knew about it.  Your ignorance, however, is neither new nor surprising.

@edpc
Don't mistake ignorance for having a life and real things going on other then starting fights here.

Offline edpc

« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2018, 08:27:29 pm »
@edpc
Don't mistake ignorance for having a life and real things going on other then starting fights here.

Do you want to go back to post 4 and re-think that?  Seriously, man. There are times when I am truly embarrassed for you.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 08:28:47 pm by edpc »

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2018, 08:29:52 pm »

Do you want to go back to post 4 and re-think that?  Seriously, man. There are times when I am truly embarrassed for you.

@edpc
Thats deep coming from you.   like gutter deep

bye

Online corbe

« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2018, 08:30:51 pm »
@corbe
Do you regularly talk about people behind their backs?

@driftdiver I wasn't referring to you in particular but Trumpers in general, but by all means if the Duck analogy fits kill the messenger.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2018, 08:36:10 pm »
@edpc

Really.  People here hating the wrong people is just painful.

I hate that Roseanne was cancelled.  I was enjoying it.  It wasn't as overboard as the original show and addressed some real issues.

Roseanne made a twitter comment and was taken off the air and people who say worse things ON AIR are still on TV.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline edpc

« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2018, 08:38:37 pm »
The President made the same point--effectively--about the double standard many Briefers have been making.

Yeah, I bet they somehow made the point by showing a multitude of other examples that did not include themselves. Leave it to the Twitter king spelling bee champ to find a way of putting ‘M-E’ into ‘Rosanne.’