Author Topic: Trump told Sessions to reverse his decision to recuse in Russia probe: report  (Read 1827 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump told Sessions to reverse his decision to recuse in Russia probe: report
By Jacqueline Thomsen - 05/29/18 07:59 PM EDT

President Trump reportedly told Attorney General Jeff Sessions last year that he should reverse his decision to recuse himself from the investigation into Russian election interference.

Trump made the usual ask of Sessions during a dinner at the president’s Mar-a-Lago estate in March 2017, the New York Times reported Tuesday. The meeting reportedly came shortly after Sessions announced his recusal.

The Times reported that special counsel Robert Mueller is investigating the incident as part of his sprawling investigation.

Sessions last year declined to walk back his decision to recuse himself from the federal Russia investigation, spurring Trump to publicly voice displeasure with his attorney general over several months.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/389806-trump-told-sessions-to-reverse-decision-to-recuse-himself-in-russia
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline kevindavis007

Last time I checked, the AG of the United States is not the President's personal attorney.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Fantasy land is alive and well it seems.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Last time I checked, the AG of the United States is not the President's personal attorney.

And people get upset with comparisons to fascism. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline driftdiver

@kevindavis
The President is the Chief Executive.  He is responsible for enforcing the laws passed by Congress.

As the Attorney General, Sessions reports to the President and is the Chief Legal representative for those enforcement actions.

So Sessions may not be his personal attorney but he is Trumps Presidential attorney.

gosh the hate just eats you NTs up doesnt it.

Offline endicom

Looks like obstruction of justice to me.

Not to me. Trump didn't ask Sessions to decide anything in his favor but to not recuse himself and thus feed Trump to the dogs.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Image result for sgt schultz i see nothing i know nothing

When the President asked Sessions about his recusal from Russia and from Hillary, Sessions then recused himself from having to answer to the President. He also recused himself from un-recusing based on previous recusals to decide whether or not he should recuse. He then recused himself from work for the next week and recused himself from having to answer why he recused.

Mr. Sessions, 'What time is it?' I don't have to answer that! I recuse myself from having to know what day or time it is from now on! I RECUSE MYSELF FROM MY ENTIRE JOB AND FROM LIFE ITSELF! I AM RECUSED!

Just give me my paycheck and leave me alone.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Not to me. Trump didn't ask Sessions to decide anything in his favor but to not recuse himself and thus feed Trump to the dogs.
@endicom The AG declared he had a conflict of interest.  The President asked him to stop being conflicted.  Trump fed himself to the dogs.

I wouldn't go to prison for Trump either.  Hang in there Jeff.

Offline driftdiver

@endicom The AG declared he had a conflict of interest.  The President asked him to stop being conflicted.  Trump fed himself to the dogs.

I wouldn't go to prison for Trump either.  Hang in there Jeff.

fantasy land, asking Sessions to stay in place is not obstruction.  Firing Mueller wouldn't be obstruction.   

Over a year and multiple millions and you all still haven't found a crime.

Just think of the progress we could make against the leftists if Conservatives would actually work together.

@driftdiver
Talk about fantasy land...5 guilty pleas so far.

Offline driftdiver

@driftdiver
Talk about fantasy land...5 guilty pleas so far.

@Once-Ler
Related to the purpose of the special counsel?   So they've found proof of collusion?   where?

Apparently you're ok with federally funded fishing expeditions.   Now thats an example of what our Founding Fathers intended.    /s

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Nothing here.  Just another NT conspiracy. /s  :silly:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

16 months...not one brick laid.

https://twitter.com/EPN/status/100163564955066368

Enrique Peña Nieto @EPN

President @realDonaldTrump: NO. Mexico will NEVER pay for a wall. Not now, not ever.

Sincerely, Mexico (all of us).
6:25 PM - 29 May 2018

Offline driftdiver

16 months...not one brick laid.

https://twitter.com/EPN/status/100163564955066368

@Once-Ler
Perhaps because they aren't using bricks.  Gosh you make it so easy.

:silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:

@Once-Ler
Related to the purpose of the special counsel?   So they've found proof of collusion?   where?
read a paper.
Apparently you're ok with federally funded fishing expeditions.   Now thats an example of what our Founding Fathers intended.    /s
I'm fine with the investigation that Trump's DOJ initiated, and that Congressman Trey Goudy praised as exactly what Trump asked for.

@Once-Ler
Perhaps because they aren't using bricks.  Gosh you make it so easy.

:silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:

You may hear laughter around you, but they are not laughing with you.

Offline endicom

I wouldn't go to prison for Trump either.

Nor would you have to. There's no crime involved, you see.

There's no crime involved, you see.
No I don't.
I'll wait for the investigation to end, before I conclude that.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

I agree.  I don't see how this could be construed as obstruction of justice.

I agree.  I don't see how this could be construed as obstruction of justice.
I believe you overestimate the intelligence of the American voter.  You believe they are rational like you, but the same people voted for Obama twice.

This is how the rats are construing Obstruction of Justice.
! No longer available
! No longer available

Trump is squeeling like a stuck pig all over twitter.  It's going to be a hot summer Sanguine.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I believe you overestimate the intelligence of the American voter.  You believe they are rational like you, but the same people voted for Obama twice.

This is how the rats are construing Obstruction of Justice.
! No longer available
! No longer available

Trump is squeeling like a stuck pig all over twitter.  It's going to be a hot summer Sanguine.

Yes, it is going to be a long hot summer, @Once-Ler.   

You're right, I was thinking about actual obstruction of justice and you pointed out that the left is talking about the propaganda version of obstruction of justice.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I imagine Trump will probably split the baby this summer, by keeping Mueller and firing Rosenswine.  Sessions will be given the choice of taking over the oversight of Mueller, or will be asked to leave so he can get someone in who will.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline driftdiver

You may hear laughter around you, but they are not laughing with you.

@Once-Ler
No they are laughing with you of course.

yeah thats the ticket

:silly: :silly: :silly: