Author Topic: BREAKING: ABC cancels 'Roseanne' following tweet on Valerie Jarrett  (Read 26481 times)

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
Re: Roseanne Barr Quits Twitter Over Racist Tweet
« Reply #100 on: May 30, 2018, 11:13:12 am »

It can get worse...

ALEX JONES ASKS ROSEANNE BARR TO COME ON 'INFOWARS' AFTER ABC CANCELS SHOW

Hi @therealroseanne, it’s time for you to strike back against these THOUGHT POLICE and really shake them up! You’ve been on the show before and it’s time for you to come back on! #Roseanne

http://www.newsweek.com/roseanne-canceled-abc-conservatives-twitter-948187

Good grief!  **nononono*

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #101 on: May 30, 2018, 11:37:20 am »
I posted and I believe it is in the sports, entertainment section the story of how about 2 months ago, a talk show host from I believe the St. Louis area tweeted how "tomorrow I'll stick a hot poker up....." someone's derriere... see story:  http://www.newsweek.com/who-jamie-allman-conservative-radio-host-resigns-after-threatening-parkland-878472 and he ended up stepping down or being fired.

That was a lesson for everyone. Some parallels.

I know, sometimes, there is a temptation to say something off-color, tell some sundry joke and so on.   Everyone needs to learn that lesson, at least, if one is in the public eye. 

So, I'm just reading, she said she had a bit of Ambien.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Fox News
By Gregg Re
9 hours ago

Less than 14 hours after following up a racist tweet by writing, "I apologize. I am now leaving Twitter," Roseanne Barr was back on the social media platform late Tuesday.

In a series of late-night tweets, Barr appeared to blame the prescription sleeping pill Ambien for the racist tweet that led to her show's cancellation Tuesday. She also repeatedly criticized ABC for what she implied is the network's hypocrisy.

guys I did something unforgiveable so do not defend me. It was 2 in the morning and I was ambien tweeting-it was memorial day too-i went 2 far & do not want it defended-it was egregious Indefensible. I made a mistake I wish I hadn't but...don't defend it please. ty

— Roseanne Barr (@therealroseanne) May 30, 2018
"guys I did something unforgiveable so do not defend me," she wrote in one post Tuesday night. "It was 2 in the morning and I was ambien tweeting-it was memorial day too-i went 2 far & do not want it defended-it was egregious Indefensible. I made a mistake I wish I hadn't but...don't defend it please. ty."

(more)
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2018/05/30/roseanne-barr-back-on-twitter-after-leaving-apologizes-to-cast-crew-after-abc-cancels-hit-show.html
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Blaming Ambien for her stupid tweet? Trump must be taking that stuff by the handful.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #104 on: May 30, 2018, 01:25:23 pm »
Ugh. Now anyone who points out the double standard of leftists - Olbermann, Kimmel, Joy Reid, you name it - getting away unpunished for comments at least as distasteful as Roseann's is being accused of defending her (viz., Twitter). I never watched her old show and had no interest in the new one. I never liked her, period. But I'll be accused of supporting what she said if I dare say the reaction is hypocritical.  **nononono*
Yes, but the race component trumps (no pun intended) everything.  (Usually liberal) comedians of all colors can get away with calling the president or other pols the worst possible names.
But when a black person is involved, the equation changes.  Then nobody is supposed to be allowed to call a black person names, especially names that connote simian characteristics.
Unless, of course, it's a Republican.  George Bush was called the smirking chimp. Even Condoleeza Rice was depicted in a servile, slave-type manner with no repercussions that I know of towards the people calling her that.
Trump was called a "c*ck holster" for Putin by Colbert.  That was an obvious homosexual-type slur. Colbert still has his job.
The hypocrisy reeks to the edges of the stratosphere and beyond.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Well, I give her credit for coming up with a more creative intoxicant than just saying "I was drunk."
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Blaming Ambien for her stupid tweet? Trump must be taking that stuff by the handful.

WTF does Donald Trump have to do with this topic?   Get an effing life.    *****rollingeyes*****
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Well, I give her credit for coming up with a more creative intoxicant than just saying "I was drunk."

I'm guessing both. However, for what ever it is worth, Ambien is pretty famous for causing sleepwalking and very strange behavior. Whether it is true or not, she did pick the correct drug to name.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire

@Restored
So you're taking ambien as well?
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #109 on: May 30, 2018, 02:09:47 pm »
Yes, but the race component trumps (no pun intended) everything.  (Usually liberal) comedians of all colors can get away with calling the president or other pols the worst possible names.
But when a black person is involved, the equation changes.  Then nobody is supposed to be allowed to call a black person names, especially names that connote simian characteristics.
Unless, of course, it's a Republican.  George Bush was called the smirking chimp. Even Condoleeza Rice was depicted in a servile, slave-type manner with no repercussions that I know of towards the people calling her that.
Trump was called a "c*ck holster" for Putin by Colbert.  That was an obvious homosexual-type slur. Colbert still has his job.

That may be it, Tom.  She's gotten away with saying some really awful things and she didn't understand that as long as they were directed at Republicans or conservatives, it was fine.  When she said something about a progressive - nope, that's where the line gets drawn.

Offline AmericanaPrime

• Americana Prime
« Reply #110 on: May 30, 2018, 02:15:04 pm »
The fact that Olbermann got hired and Kathy griffin still finds work shows the double standard is palpable.
Visit my website @ AmericanaPrime.com!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #111 on: May 30, 2018, 02:56:48 pm »
The fact that Olbermann got hired and Kathy griffin still finds work shows the double standard is palpable.

I guess next they'll bring on Al "Not So" Sharpton to comment on what Barr said.  **nononono*
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #112 on: May 30, 2018, 03:06:06 pm »
I guess next they'll bring on Al "Not So" Sharpton to comment on what Barr said.  **nononono*
One of the most nauseating examples of liberal hypocrisy is when they haul this pos out to shriek into a microphone about racism. This is the dirtbag who called Greeks "homos" and who was responsible for several race riots where innocent people were killed. Liberals still haven't figured out why they're despised when they still have jerks like Sharpton as their spokesmen.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #113 on: May 30, 2018, 03:57:09 pm »
Is that a real question?  Using caricatures of Jews has been a part of active antisemitism for centuries.  You're not aware of the history?

@Sanguine

Of course it is a real question. Do Hebrews tend to have hooked noses,or not,and WHAT is wrong with having a hooked nose?

And you can bite my ass for implying I am in any way responsible for the history of anti-semitism by merely stating "what is as obvious as the nose on your face". If you choose to be offended,that's on you,not me.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #114 on: May 30, 2018, 04:10:12 pm »

BTW... for the record. I said Rosanne was trash, always had been trash and her show was trash. Some didn't care to hear it.

@Sighlass

That's not really fair to her. It would be fair if she understood what she was doing and saying,but she doesn't. She is insane and has no judgment at all.

No,that does NOT mean she is a nice person,but she is "barking at the moon" mad.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #115 on: May 30, 2018, 04:11:43 pm »
Can we all agree that Valarie Jarrett is a piece of garbage, a grifter and an all around dirt bag.

@Frank Cannon

She is also a dirt-bag enabler of epic proportions.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #116 on: May 30, 2018, 04:16:19 pm »

It can get worse...

@edpc

It WILL get worse. What else can you expect when you give a lunatic access to a microphone? She is going to grab the mic and get all excited about how many people are listening to her,and it's only going to go downhill for her after that. The show that gives her the mic and that show's sponsors are going to make mega bucks from all the publicity,though.

And it really won't hurt Barr. Her career is over anyway,so she might as well exit the stage after having a good time.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #117 on: May 30, 2018, 04:16:35 pm »
So let me get this straight. While white kids are being told they are descended from apes, all across the country and the world, if you imply a similar heritage for a black person, you are a racist?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #118 on: May 30, 2018, 04:16:50 pm »
@Sanguine

Of course it is a real question. Do Hebrews tend to have hooked noses,or not,and WHAT is wrong with having a hooked nose?

And you can bite my ass for implying I am in any way responsible for the history of anti-semitism by merely stating "what is as obvious as the nose on your face". If you choose to be offended,that's on you,not me.

No, Pete, Jews do not have hooked noses in general.  A few do, but that's probably more a consequence of Roman occupation than anything else. 

And, no, I don't think, nor did I say that you were in any way responsible for historical anti-semitism.  You may have the inclination, but you're not old enough or influential enough to have done so.

If you're too damned blind or prideful to admit to the history of antisemitism, that's your problem.  But, do it somewhere else. 

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #119 on: May 30, 2018, 04:17:15 pm »
She 'tweets some truth'?  As in calling an African American an ape? 

Sheesh.. we are getting infested with freeper thought.

No kidding.  That place was very quick with the ape/monkey/jungle comparisons whenever someone black did something bad.  Offensive as hell.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #120 on: May 30, 2018, 04:18:50 pm »
No kidding.  That place was very quick with the ape/monkey/jungle comparisons whenever someone black did something bad.  Offensive as hell.
Blame Darwin.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #121 on: May 30, 2018, 04:19:06 pm »
So let me get this straight. While white kids are being told they are descended from apes, all across the country and the world, if you imply a similar heritage for a black person, you are a racist?

C'mon Joe....

There is a pretty long history of racists referring to black people as monkeys or apes, and implying they are further back along the evolutionary chain than are white people.  Feigning ignorance about that reality doesn't really contribute to anything.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #122 on: May 30, 2018, 04:21:09 pm »
Roseanne Barr back on Twitter after 'leaving,' blames 'Ambien tweeting' after ABC cancels hit show

"Don't feel sorry for me, guys!!" Barr also tweeted, before discouraging people from boycotting ABC. "I just want to apologize to the hundreds of people,and wonderful writers (all liberal) and talented actors who lost their jobs on my show due to my stupid tweet. I will be on Joe Rogan's podcast friday."

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2018/05/30/roseanne-barr-back-on-twitter-after-leaving-apologizes-to-cast-crew-after-abc-cancels-hit-show.html

That's a surprisingly appropriate tweet.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #123 on: May 30, 2018, 04:22:06 pm »
@txradioguy

What happened to Sharpie,anyhow? He just seemed to suddenly disappear.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #124 on: May 30, 2018, 04:22:39 pm »
That's a surprisingly appropriate tweet.

You might want to hold off on that until we hear what she says in her interview.  She could say anything.    :laugh: