Author Topic: BP invests $20 million in batteries that can charge electric cars in five minutes  (Read 1380 times)

Offline thackney

BP invests $20 million in batteries that can charge electric cars in five minutes
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/22/bp-invests-in-israeli-battery-startup-storedot.html
 22 May 2018

BP has invested $20 million in Israel's StoreDot, a start-up that claims its batteries can charge electrics cars in five minutes.

The oil giant said Tuesday that its venture capital arm BP Ventures was investing in the Tel Aviv-based firm as it looks to reduce greenhouse gas emissions in its operations.

"Ultra-fast charging is at the heart of BP's electrification strategy," Tufan Erginbilgic, chief executive of BP's downstream business, said in a statement on Tuesday. "StoreDot's technology shows real potential for car batteries that can charge in the same time it takes to fill a gas tank."

Daimler's trucking unit led a $60 million investment in StoreDot in September last year. StoreDot claims the batteries are eco-friendly and can allow an electric vehicle to travel for more than 300 miles after a full charge....
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline thackney

Mercedes owner Daimler drives electric truck push with multi-million dollar investment in StoreDot
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/09/14/daimler-invests-and-partners-with-battery-charging-startup-storedot.html
18 Sept 2017

Mercedes-Benz owner Daimler has invested millions in an Israeli start-up whose battery technology can charge electric vehicles in a matter of minutes.

Tel-Aviv-based StoreDot announced Thursday that the trucking arm of the German automotive giant had led a $60 million funding round, and would partner with the firm to adopt its FlashBattery technology....

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Since I cannot get the little battery in my cellphone to charge in 5 minutes, consider me skeptical if several big batteries in a car take that little time to charge.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline thackney

Since I cannot get the little battery in my cellphone to charge in 5 minutes, consider me skeptical if several big batteries in a car take that little time to charge.

I am skeptical as well. 

Charge time is a major impact on battery life.

Offline Frank Cannon

When I think "High Tech" the first place that comes to mind is Israel. This is just a move by Left leaning companies like BP to look like they are caring about the environment. It's all nonsense.

Offline thackney

When I think "High Tech" the first place that comes to mind is Israel. This is just a move by Left leaning companies like BP to look like they are caring about the environment. It's all nonsense.

Science and technology in Israel is one of the country's most developed sectors. Israel spent 4.2% of its gross domestic product (GDP) on civil research and development in 2013, one of the highest ratios in the world. Israel ranks fifth among the most innovative countries in the Bloomberg Innovation Index.

They were not overwhelmed with the energy resources of many of the other in the Middle East.  Efficiency and Advancement in Energy Systems has been very important to Israel for quite a while.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Science_and_technology_in_Israel

Offline Frank Cannon

Science and technology in Israel is one of the country's most developed sectors.

Yeah and politics is one of Nancy Pelosi's most developed skills. I still wouldn't vote for her.

Offline thackney

Yeah and politics is one of Nancy Pelosi's most developed skills. I still wouldn't vote for her.

I'll bet you use technology developed by Israel nearly everyday.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Israeli_inventions_and_discoveries

Offline Frank Cannon

I'll bet you use technology developed by Israel nearly everyday.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Israeli_inventions_and_discoveries

LOL. The Epilady?

No. There isn't a whole lot I use from Israel.

Offline thackney

LOL. The Epilady?

No. There isn't a whole lot I use from Israel.

Exactly!  That was going to be my first guess for you.

The flash drive may run a close second for use.

Offline Frank Cannon

Exactly!  That was going to be my first guess for you.

The flash drive may run a close second for use.

Yeah......if the Israelis invented the flash drive, which is dubious at best.