Author Topic: Tensions soar as Israel hits Gaza militant bases after mortar fire  (Read 950 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

AFP
BY AFP
29 MAY 2018

Israel carried out strikes against militant bases in the Gaza Strip on Tuesday after a barrage of mortar fire from the Palestinian enclave further boosted tensions following weeks of deadly unrest.

Separately on Tuesday morning, Palestinians launched boats from Gaza to protest Israel's blockade of the strip in what they said would be a peaceful demonstration.

There were conflicting statements about whether the boats would seek to break Israel's blockade, which currently allows them to travel nine nautical miles (16 kilometres) off the coast.

The earlier firing of some 28 mortar shells toward Israel caused no injuries, with most intercepted by air defence systems, but Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu vowed a forceful response.

One mortar shell exploded near a kindergarten building, a military spokesman said, causing damage to the structure.

(more)
https://www.afp.com/en/news/23/tensions-soar-israel-hits-gaza-militant-bases-after-mortar-fire-doc-15f9r51
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Re: Tensions soar as Israel hits Gaza militant bases after mortar fire
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2018, 02:59:39 pm »
Hopefully there will be a substantial body count.  That will set the liberals in the "I hate Israel all hail Hamas" party off the rails.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2018, 03:35:31 pm »
Fortunately, their mortars are garbage and their training is worse, so they're usually ineffective.  I hope we have incidents like this.......

! No longer available
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2018, 04:00:52 pm »
Gaza militants mortars probably do go in a haphazard way but it is reported, they came near a kindergarten. Per original link in post 1:

"One mortar shell exploded near a kindergarten building, a military spokesman said, causing damage to the structure."

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2018, 04:13:12 pm »
Hopefully there will be a substantial body count. 

Body counts coming from Hamas or from any Muslims are meaningless. Since Islam does not care about human life, the actual number of people killed is not important to them. They only care about the political aspects of a 'body count'. Hamas can say the body count is 0, or 100, or 1000, or 10,000. The count is whatever they want it to be. Like American Liberals, 'truth' is whatever they say it is.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2018, 04:16:26 pm »
Let's be a little less biased:

"Tensions soar after terrorists initiate mortar fire; Israel responds"
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2018, 10:19:32 pm »
Headline:
"Tensions soar as Israel hits Gaza militant bases after mortar fire"

Too bad.
Hit 'em harder, Israel !!

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2018, 10:40:22 pm »
Just take back the land.  That ends it.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington