Author Topic: U.S. officials meet with North Koreans despite uncertainty surrounding Trump-Kim summit  (Read 702 times)

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

The Washington Post
By Anna Fifield and Joby Warrick
May 27 at 5:31 PM

SEOUL — A team of U.S. officials crossed into North Korea on Sunday for talks to prepare for a summit between President Trump and Kim Jong Un, as both sides pressed ahead with arrangements despite the question marks hanging over the meeting.

Sung Kim, a former U.S. ambassador to South Korea and former nuclear negotiator with the North, has been called in from his post as envoy to the Philippines to lead the preparations, according to a person familiar with the arrangements.

The talks are focused on what would be the substance of a potential summit between Trump and Kim Jong Un — the issue of North Korea’s nuclear weapons program.

After Saturday’s surprise inter-Korean talks, South Korean President Moon Jae-in said Kim was still committed to the “complete denuclearization” of the Korean Peninsula. But Moon declined to define “complete denuclearization,” suggesting that there are still fundamental gaps on the key issue bedeviling preparations.

(more)
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/asia_pacific/us-officials-hold-summit-preparation-talks-despite-uncertainty-surrounding-meeting/2018/05/27/870c8196-61ae-11e8-b166-fea8410bcded_story.html
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Well, duh.  That's why it takes a lot of work to get to any reasonable solution.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
But Moon declined to define “complete denuclearization,” suggesting that there are still fundamental gaps on the key issue bedeviling preparations.

The only deviling that interests Kim involves eggs.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.