Author Topic: Boss Hogg Graduates To Extortion, Demands $1 Million From Publix  (Read 3431 times)

Offline skeeter

Re: Boss Hogg Graduates To Extortion, Demands $1 Million From Publix
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2018, 10:30:42 pm »
My palate requires a finer selection than that bourgeois stuff from BF .  Night Train or Mad Dog 20/20.  Only the finest for the Wingster.

Then you'll appreciate this. 12.5% ABV

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2018, 10:35:35 pm »
I live in small town appalacia and very few of the young generation own guns or shoot. One of my friends is local HS principal.   Very few young boys are into guns, shoot or hunt. 

Gun sales are up because small amount of people have large gun collections.

Gun owners will eventually be outbred just as Muslims will out breed the native Europeans.

@Smokin Joe
I live in North Dakota and see much the opposite. Youngsters here love to shoot, and get guns as they get older, especially if they have an oilfield or related job and can readily afford it. Farm/Ranch kids grow up with firearms, too, and equally love their guns..

Kids here are savvy souls and aren't likely to discuss firearms with school personnel, whom they trust about as much as social services.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 10:37:05 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Applewood

« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2018, 11:06:13 pm »
Friend and I vacation in  Clearwater Beach every year and Publix is the only nearby supermarket chain.  Phooey!

Online roamer_1

« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2018, 11:23:50 pm »
I live in North Dakota and see much the opposite. Youngsters here love to shoot, and get guns as they get older, especially if they have an oilfield or related job and can readily afford it. Farm/Ranch kids grow up with firearms, too, and equally love their guns..

Kids here are savvy souls and aren't likely to discuss firearms with school personnel, whom they trust about as much as social services.

DITTOS in spades. Maybe it's an east of the Big Muddy thing.

I will tell you this: I am REALLY surprised at how many Southerners don't go outside anymore. Everybody's got air conditioning now and that may well be effecting things.  :shrug:

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2018, 11:26:09 pm »
DITTOS in spades. Maybe it's an east of the Big Muddy thing.

I will tell you this: I am REALLY surprised at how many Southerners don't go outside anymore. Everybody's got air conditioning now and that may well be effecting things.  :shrug:
Hmmmmmm. A climate controlled rifle range?

I'm with you, but folks are afraid of their own sweat....

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2018, 11:26:27 pm »
Major grocery chain of the southeast.  Started in Lakeland, FL

I though you guys down there shopped at gas station mini marts?

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2018, 11:28:35 pm »

This from a guy who buys loose cigs from a corner bodega.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online roamer_1

« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2018, 11:35:16 pm »
Hmmmmmm. A climate controlled rifle range?

I'm with you, but folks are afraid of their own sweat....

And the accents are going away. The other day I met an Alabama gal who couldn't understand ME! Honest, she sounded like she was from Iowa. It's like folks ain't proud of where they are from anymore. An Alabama gal cussin me out for my drawl! Imagine that!

Everything is turning into a ding dang homogenized Big Mac straight from a McDonalds in the midwest - And it's a cryin shame.  **nononono*

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2018, 11:41:40 pm »
And the accents are going away. The other day I met an Alabama gal who couldn't understand ME! Honest, she sounded like she was from Iowa. It's like folks ain't proud of where they are from anymore. An Alabama gal cussin me out for my drawl! Imagine that!

Everything is turning into a ding dang homogenized Big Mac straight from a McDonalds in the midwest - And it's a cryin shame.  **nononono*
No argument here. It is a shame.

C S Lewis

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2018, 12:07:17 am »
Generally, I'd agree with this move.  It seems, to me, rather a bad idea for a business to pick sides.

FWIW, Adam Putnam is currently the Commish of Agriculture.  I would not be surprised if some of said support is related.

In other news, in FL, the Dept of Agriculture is responsible for issuing concealed carry permits.  Had I known this at the time, I would have gotten mine under a previous commissioner, a Mr Charles Bronson.  Really.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2018, 12:13:10 am »
Why doesn't Publix just hire Hogg as its CEO if they think what he recommended so great.

It would be fun to watch Soros' little protege kill that company a lot quicker.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2018, 12:22:18 am »

You mean the Hogly Wogly?

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2018, 03:38:34 am »
Publix said Friday in a statement that it will "suspend corporate-funded political contributions as we reevaluate our giving processes."
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/die-in-publix-boycott-stops-contributions-david-hogg-today-2018-05-25/

I hope Publix sticks with this answer and eliminates their donations, just think how much the liberals that lost their Publix cash will love little boss hogg!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2018, 05:51:30 am »
You mean the Hogly Wogly?

I'll be darned.  It's a thing...

For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Mod1

« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2018, 12:48:10 pm »
threads merged

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2018, 03:56:08 pm »
I'll be darned.  It's a thing...

You think I could make something like that up? 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2018, 04:02:00 pm »
You think I could make something like that up?

The @RoosGirl make something like that up?  Mmm-hmm.... :laugh:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2018, 04:11:11 pm »

You are probably hanging aroung like minded folks which skews your perception. The facts is gun ownership as a percentage of the population is decreasing each year all across the country even in rural conservative areas.

My friend the principal is strong 2nd amend, NRA, etc and he knows the stats in his own school.   As someone else mentioned kids don't even go outside today.

Face it we are dinosuars and want we want and believe in will be outbred from us.  Ireland abortion vote yesterday  70% for abortion, in 1983 it was 90% against.  Yesterdays vote over 95% of people, YES 95% under 35 voted yes.

Same with gay marriage

The liberals have won by winning over the young even though we have a short term victory with Trump.

@Smokin Joe

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2018, 05:40:40 pm »

You are probably hanging aroung like minded folks which skews your perception. The facts is gun ownership as a percentage of the population is decreasing each year all across the country even in rural conservative areas.

My friend the principal is strong 2nd amend, NRA, etc and he knows the stats in his own school.   As someone else mentioned kids don't even go outside today.

Face it we are dinosuars and want we want and believe in will be outbred from us.  Ireland abortion vote yesterday  70% for abortion, in 1983 it was 90% against.  Yesterdays vote over 95% of people, YES 95% under 35 voted yes.

Same with gay marriage

The liberals have won by winning over the young even though we have a short term victory with Trump.

@Smokin Joe
Sure, I am hanging around like-minded folks. It is why I have lived here the past 40 years. While some of the pseudo-urbane on the liberal side of the state may not fully share those attitudes, they are quite common on the side of the State that lives on farming, ranching, and oil/gas/coal industries. Liberals tend to congregate in cities, and while that influence is being pumped out (pimped out) through the mass media daily, we're still pretty resistant out here.

The liberals only win if we let them, and they have indoctrinated the young with a lot of crap. As the young see the destruction wrought by such libertine policy, they rebel against that liberal philosophy. That's more and more of what we see here. We are the counter-culture (to the Liberal near monopoly on the press), which places us well to capitalize on the natural tendency of the young to rebel against whatever status quo is present. The liberals did this with the whole hippie/Haight-Ashbury/sexual revolution thing, and then took that to its libertine and self-destructive extremes. Skipping a generation, we can co-opt that same rebellious spirit when and where the parents bought into liberalism and bring their kids back the other way.

Liberalism fosters dysfunction, and kids see that. They just need a path out of that mire.

As for declining, it's like reading the stock ticker. THis might bring you a little more hope.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/249740/percentage-of-households-in-the-united-states-owning-a-firearm/

Note annual shifts in the statistics of as much as 3 or more % cause me to suspect the data gathering methods, and their accuracy. If they tell the tale the liberals want, and the data are as often cherry-picked as global temperatures, they will be reported as gospel. I look at sites like this one: http://demographicdata.org/facts-and-figures/gun-death/ and then note their rate (given as 12.1 per 100,000 population for North Dakota, from the graphic) nearly exceeds the numbers of murders for the state (all causes), not just per 100,000 population, so I deeply question the veracity of such information.

So they are using all firearm deaths including suicides, accidents, police shootings, and not just murders.
The actual murder rate in ND (all causes) hit a local high with a rate of 2.8/100,000 of population in 2015, and dropped to 2.0 per 100,000 in 2016.https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2016/crime-in-the-u.s.-2016/tables/table-2

One of the chief tactics used by the Bolsheviks (what's in a name, right?)  was to assure they were the Majority Party, that they were right, that no one had more power, that they had won. By the sheer weight of getting people to believe that, they did. Here we go again. The article which claims that 12.1 figure has an axe to grind. If you read it, it tries to present the states with some of the worst (most repressive) gun laws as the safest, while sending the message that southern rural states are the least safe (Louisiana, for instance, neglecting to mention that New Orleans is the culprit, not the rural areas.)

As for firearms, note, too, that those firearms which existed prior to the 1968 gun control act are still out there, many fine rifles and other firearms which have never been documented or had a Form 4473 filled out, and which have changed hands without that documentation, handed from father to son, uncle to nephew, sold or bequeathed (best given beforehand). Such firearms command a premium over those with paperwork. Kids today are savvy enough to know that some things are better left below the radar, despite the facebook and other stuff out there.

I can't speak to national trends, perhaps no one really can with the sheer volume of disinformation out there, but I won't go quietly into that night, either. Not ever promoting violence, but the idea that us old farts can ignite the desire for freedom in the youth, can take kids shooting and teach them proper firearms handling, can convey the love for the shooting sports to those indoctrinated from their first viewing of Bambi to the University with how "evil" man is and the "fire sticks" he carries.

C S Lewis

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2018, 05:43:44 pm »
The @RoosGirl make something like that up?  Mmm-hmm.... :laugh:

I probably would have gone more along the lines of a Whorely Boarly.  :laugh:

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2018, 05:47:01 pm »
Pigggly Wiggly used to be up this way (Grocery Store chain).

C S Lewis

Offline WingNot

« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2018, 05:51:36 pm »
Pigggly Wiggly used to be up this way (Grocery Store chain).

Piggly Wiggly is a mere snout of itself today.  Gone too are National Tea and A & P along with a host of other regional market chains.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2018, 05:52:47 pm »

Point taken.  We should ask @Frank Cannon his opinion on this, he seems well versed on that.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2018, 06:01:29 pm »
Piggly Wiggly is a mere snout of itself today.  Gone too are National Tea and A & P along with a host of other regional market chains.

Sad.  Chain I used to shop when I lived in MI is now SpartanNash.  It's actually grown quite a bit, distributing groceries to military commissaries now.  I liked them because they had Green Stamps.
I will NOT comply.

Offline WingNot

« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2018, 06:07:43 pm »
Sad.  Chain I used to shop when I lived in MI is now SpartanNash.  It's actually grown quite a bit, distributing groceries to military commissaries now.  I liked them because they had Green Stamps.

Ah yes... S&H Green Stamps.  The glue taste from those ting rectangles still haunt my taste buds to this day....