Author Topic: Former Trump aide mocks 'idiot' who ordered commemorative coins for Kim summit  (Read 2298 times)

Offline Suppressed

Former Trump aide mocks 'idiot' who ordered commemorative coins for Kim summit
BY MORGAN GSTALTER - 05/24/18 11:27 AM EDT
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/389187-ex-trump-campaign-aide-mocks-the-idiot-who-ordered

A former adviser to President Trump’s 2016 campaign mocked the White House for making commemorative coins to mark the now-canceled nuclear summit with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un.

A.J. Delgado mocked “the idiot” in the Trump White House who was too quick to order the coins.

She also jabbed at Trump, who often says he only hires “the best people.”

“Who's the idiot in the WH that green-lit those commemorative coins for a summit that almost certainly wasn't going to happen?” Delgado tweeted. “Amazing. #OnlyTheBestPeople”

[...]
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Well, since she's got time to comment on this one can only assume she's found daycare for Jason's baby.  Good for her.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Slow news day at the Hill.com. 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Fantom

Where can I get one of those.... bound to be worth a fortune in a few decades.  The way Little Kim is going the actual coins will most likely glow in the dark.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline corbe

The White House Gift Shop Is Offering Discounts on Commemorative Coins for the North Korea Summit Trump Just Canceled

By Melissa Locker
May 24, 2018

The summit between President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong-un may have been canceled, but that hasn’t stopped the White House Gift Shop from promoting commemorative coins for the meeting as the “Deal of the Day.” A steal at $19.95 (regularly $24.95.)

The gift shop notes, “The Coin Will Be Made Whether or Not the Summit Occurs as Scheduled.” It also advises customers that they can receive a refund because of the summit’s cancelation, but cautions, “Most Supporters Have Said They Want This Heirloom of Political History Regardless of Outcome.”

Online interest in the coins and other North Korea summit merchandise crashed the White House Gift Shop site hours after Trump’s announcement.

<..snip..>

http://time.com/5290157/north-korea-summit-commemorative-coin-white-house-gift-shop/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Where can I get one of those.... bound to be worth a fortune in a few decades.  The way Little Kim is going the actual coins will most likely glow in the dark.

http://www.news.com.au/finance/work/leaders/white-house-gift-shop-offers-commemorative-kimtrump-coin-at-discount-price/news-story/e1a01ff8ec467a844357a52231b48ef5

The White House Gift Shop has advised customers it will still be selling the coins at the “Deal of the Day” discount of $US19.95 ($A26).

If you bought it at the full $US24.95 price and feel gypped — or simply don’t wish to remember this non-moment in political history — the gift shop does acknowledge you can get a refund.

https://www.whitehousegiftshop.com/product-p/summitcoin.htm
HTTP/1.1 Server Too Busy

Offline corbe

I'm gonna hold out till these are a Bargain, if they ain't already.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Fantom

Strange, seems some hate Trump so much.... they would rather have war. Even nuclear war.

I guess as long as we can get rid of LA, SanFanSicko, Portland,Seatle...  :shrug:  probably worth it.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Frank Cannon

A.J. Delgado mocked “the idiot” in the Trump White House who was too quick to order the coins.

Isn't this the irrelevant bleach blonde idiot who mocked the whole spy in the Trump campaign idea only to have Clapper come out a day later to confirm it happened?

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/may/21/j-delgado-ridicules-trump-campaign-spy-claims/

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Isn't this the irrelevant bleach blonde idiot who mocked the whole spy in the Trump campaign idea only to have Clapper come out a day later to confirm it happened?

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/may/21/j-delgado-ridicules-trump-campaign-spy-claims/

Some people should be banned from mocking.  (not you, @Frank Cannon)
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Strange, seems some hate Trump so much.... they would rather have war. Even nuclear war.
@Fantom

Sophestry.  You dehumanize the Trump opposition as desiring war.  You're either trying to justify your own anger and rage, or hoping to provoke it in others.

You can't read minds, and judging from the tripe you offer, it seems you are unable to consider dissenting views as anything less than evil.

It's cult like behavior.

Offline skeeter

@Fantom

Sophestry.  You dehumanize the Trump opposition as desiring war.  You're either trying to justify your own anger and rage, or hoping to provoke it in others.

You can't read minds, and judging from the tripe you offer, it seems you are unable to consider dissenting views as anything less than evil.

It's cult like behavior.

Judging by their incessant baying & ridicule reasonable people can be excused for wondering whether NTer's hate Trump more than than want him to succeed on behalf of the country.

Its just natural.

Offline Fantom

@Fantom

It's cult like behavior.

The @Once-Ler  doth protest to much, methinks.

Call 'Em likes I sees 'Em.  The far left was ecstatic at the thought of President Trump failing to reign in Little Fat Man. So too were the neverTrumpers it would seem.

It is the hate of those groups you should worry 'Bout.  I stand by my statement.

That such an obvious truth triggered you...well, how cult like 'Eh.

Frederick Douglass

The @Once-Ler  doth protest to much, methinks.

You have crafted an incredibly insulting and belittling response.  [tips hat] I expect no apology, as my reply to you used angry language that I regret.  We are even in my account.

I am not not a lady, but yes I protest the belief that even the most ardent President Trump hater welcomes nuclear war...even with the most self-satisfactory chance to make President Trump look bad.  It is my belief that many Trump haters (myself included) are concerned about President Trump's mental facilities.  We dread the destruction of our families.  I kind of feel like it shouldn't need to be said.

So who are you convincing?  Oh yeah...yourself.

I Call 'Em likes I sees 'Em.  The far left was ecstatic at the thought of President Trump failing to reign in Little Fat Man. So too were the neverTrumpers it would seem.

@Fantom avoiding nuclear war is a concern for every American.  Pro Trump or not.  The rats believe they are good people following good policy, and people like me believe Trump has been a substandard leader.  Your excuse that Hillary would have been arguably more substandard is noted.

I am saddened that you believe so little of your fellow Americans, and with that attitude good luck convincing them.  Nobody likes to think they are evil, even evil people.  I believe there are very few evil people, but perhaps if you scold them and point out how much they want the destruction of the Earth, you could shame and convince them of the brilliance of President Trump.

It is the hate of those groups you should worry 'Bout.  I stand by my statement.

That such an obvious truth triggered you...well, how cult like 'Eh.

I can't see the difference between the GOP's senile, corrupt, evil, incompetent ego maniac and the left's.

but I can see how the following tweet is simular in content to your response to me...
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2018/05/19/down-the-rabbit-hole-actor-shows-how-school-shootings-benefit-the-nra-through-homeschooling/
Matt Walton@themattwalton

You know what benefits from school shootings?

The home school movement.

You know what benefits from the home school movement?

Ignorance.

You know what benefits from ignorance?#Republicanism.

You know what benefits from Republicanism?

The #NRA.

See it now?
7:45 PM - May 18, 2018

I see simplistic sloganeering, a mirror image of the GOP, and danger.  I believe we must love each other, show affection for each other, and unite together in condemnation of hatred, bigotry, and violence.  We must rediscover the bonds of love and loyalty that bring us together as Americans.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 12:40:55 pm by Once-Ler »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Slow news day at the Hill.com.

She showed good sense in ordering them early.  They would be the most popular immediately after the summit.  Wasn't it Fred Dalton Thompson who said, in The Hunt for Red October, referring to the Russians, "they don't take a dump without a plan."

You gotta plan.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

I can't see the difference between the GOP's senile, corrupt, evil, incompetent ego maniac and the left's.

I see simplistic sloganeering, a mirror image of the GOP, and danger.  I believe we must love each other, show affection for each other, and unite together in condemnation of hatred, bigotry, and violence.  We must rediscover the bonds of love and loyalty that bring us together as Americans.

You are one weird person, @Once-Ler.  You don't even see the contradiction in what you are proposing here and how you behave to others on this site.

You are one weird person, @Once-Ler.  You don't even see the contradiction in what you are proposing here and how you behave to others on this site.
@Emjay Then we are much alike.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Offline RoosGirl

Not really.
Do you have faith in God?  Do you love your family?  Do you love your country and want happiness and growth for your fellow man?  Do you speak forcefully and truthfully from your heart and brain?  I believe you do.

I believe most of the people who support Trump do.  I just think they don't see things they way I do, and they're wrong about a lot of stuff.

I also think I am better at recognizing the character flaws and hypocrisy of others than seeing my own.  Thank you for reminding me of that, and for your reply.  Sorry you don't see me correspondingly.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Do you have faith in God?  Do you love your family?  Do you love your country and want happiness and growth for your fellow man?  Do you speak forcefully and truthfully from your heart and brain?  I believe you do.

I believe most of the people who support Trump do.  I just think they don't see things they way I do, and they're wrong about a lot of stuff.

I also think I am better at recognizing the character flaws and hypocrisy of others than seeing my own.  Thank you for reminding me of that, and for your reply.  Sorry you don't see me correspondingly.

Well, @Once-Ler   It is hard to reconcile the excellent qualities you extol with the dismissive and hateful posts you make to people who don't agree with you politically.

Now, it's possible that I am as bad as you are about that but I am trying very hard to keep my responses on point and not personal.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Sometimes these glowing "qualities" get honored  in the breech.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline jpsb

@Fantom
It's cult like behavior.

It is rather obvious that the Marxists and (most) NeverTrumpers want to see Trump fail, even if his
failing hurts the country and the American people. They put their hatred of Trump ahead of the good
of the country. They are despicable human beings.

Offline corbe

It is rather obvious that the Marxists and (most) NeverTrumpers want to see Trump fail, even if his
failing hurts the country and the American people. They put their hatred of Trump ahead of the good
of the country. They are despicable human beings.

I see this kinda stuff here more than is comfortable for me @jpsb, it rhymes with 'we all wanted hellary to win and are closet Liberals'. 
   It's a Broad Brush, most, not all, of the whatever is defined as NT today does not want what you attribute to US and that label.   
   Each time I see posts like this I can't help but think Trumper's are just looking for a scapegoat, needlessly.

All I know of yall is that you have very strong convictions and justifiably so.

If Cruz had won I would be even more anal about the success of his Presidency than even the most rabid Trumper on this Board.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 09:51:35 pm by corbe »

Offline jpsb

Had the Canadian been our nominee, I would voted for him and supported him where I could. I intend
to vote for Ted this nov. Ted was one of my three acceptable candidates. Trump, Paul, Cruz in that
order. None of the others were acceptable and I probably would have gone third party. I find it hard to
believe anyone would not be wishing and hoping that Trump can "solve" the world's Korean problem.
If he does than Iran would be the next international problem Trump would be looking to solve.