Author Topic: Media say Paul Ryan's job in jeopardy as Republican warfare rages  (Read 583 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Fox News
By Howard Kurtz
3 hours ago

No wonder Paul Ryan decided to bail.

Here he is in his final stretch as House speaker, hoping to go out in a spirit of unity, and the press is filled with stories about whether his party will dump him prematurely.

Managing the Republican caucus increasingly looks like Mission Impossible. It was the constant in-fighting between warring factions that prompted John Boehner to quit in 2015, and Ryan was drafted despite the fact that he didn't really want the job. Two and a half years later, he announced that he'd had enough.

And the Wisconsin congressman is still getting grief.

(more)
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/05/24/media-say-paul-ryans-job-in-jeopardy-as-republican-warfare-rages.html
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Applewood

Re: Media say Paul Ryan's job in jeopardy as Republican warfare rages
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2018, 10:47:33 am »
Ryan deserves the grief he is allegedly getting.  But then again, so does the party as a whole.  If they should lose their majority in November, they only have themselves to blame. 

Just can't work up sympathy for Ryan or any of the rest of them.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2018, 11:56:58 am »
Last night I heard he's not attending the briefing today due to a 'long standing committment.'  I can't find a link to confirm it.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2018, 12:21:41 pm »
Raging Republican warfare notwithstanding, I’m optimistic that because the Democrats have so overplayed their “Trump card,” and that the Mueller fiasco has so undermined trust in the democrat party and revealed the corruption in Obama’s intelligence agencies; and that the improving economy, job market and rise in American stature on the world stage, that it will usher in a red wave come November and beyond.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 12:27:44 pm by aligncare »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2018, 12:41:49 pm »
No wonder Paul Ryan decided to bail.

Here he is in his final stretch as House speaker, hoping to go out in a spirit of unity, and the press is filled with stories about whether his party will dump him prematurely.

This is exactly backwards.  Ryan should be dumped as leader precisely because he bailed.