Author Topic: NFL owners are 'f-----g terrified' of Trump, report says  (Read 1694 times)

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
NFL owners are 'f-----g terrified' of Trump, report says
« on: May 24, 2018, 10:31:18 am »

Fox News
By Ryan Gaydos
1 hour ago

There's reportedly one big reason why the NFL took sweeping action Wednesday in adopting a new national anthem policy prior to the start of the 2018 season.

And he resides at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. in Washington.

“Our league is f-----g terrified of Trump. We're scared of him,” one unnamed source told Bleacher Report as reaction to the plan poured in.

(more)
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/05/24/nfl-owners-are-f-g-terrified-trump-report-says.html
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: NFL owners are 'f-----g terrified' of Trump, report says
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2018, 11:41:27 am »
Oh, BS.

They're not afraid of Trump. They have kept him at bay for over 30 years. They're afraid of the empty seats and declining television ratings. The Left desperately wants this to be about Trump so they can justify their disrespectful behavior, not that it does.

The National Anthem is not a platform for protests. Doing so insults the country, the singer, and the countless people the anthem represents. They can lie and say it doesn't insult anyone, try to claim "police brutality" or any other ridiculous claim, but it's no different than calling a tail a leg.

The rude behavior of Kaepernick and company is costing the league money and respect. So shut up and either stand for the anthem or go back into the locker room.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2018, 11:49:07 am »
Football is supposed to be primarily about football. Kaepernick successfully made the entire last season about Kaepernick. He basically stole the NFL platform and made it all about him. Good Job! in a way. He got away with it.

Now, some average second-string player is one of the most famous names in football today, for no real accomplishment other than grievance mongering.

The NFL had to put a cap on this before it got too far out of control. There are thousands of issues the players could 'protest'. If everyone on every team started protesting during the game for his favorite 'cause', the game would more or less grind to a halt.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2018, 12:03:16 pm »
Truth is, despite all the social justice ranting from ESPN, President Trump won this scrimmage with the NFL. See Roger Goodell’s statement on national anthem policy:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000933962/article/roger-goodells-statement-on-national-anthem-policy

Online corbe

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2018, 07:48:26 pm »
NFL did not take official vote on national anthem policy change: Report

by Mandy Mayfield

May 24, 2018 03:21 PM

The NFL did not hold an official vote prior to its passage of new national anthem policies, according to a Thursday report from ESPN.

The new policies, which will go into effect next season, eliminate the current stipulation that players and team personnel be present on the field during the anthem's performance. Players and personnel may now remain in the locker room while the anthem is being played if their team deems it appropriate.

Sources told ESPN that NFL executives polled team owners but never held an official vote, which the sports television channel noted as unusual for a large policy change.

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/nfl-did-not-take-official-vote-on-national-anthem-policy-change-report
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2018, 08:48:45 pm »
This "agreement" is not going to hold.  The owner of the NY Jets has already said he'll pay the fines of anybody who goes out to the field and refuses to stand.

I don't like the waiting in the locker room bit, either. 

This is probably going to be tossed out in the courts anyway.  The NFL is bleeped.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2018, 10:55:02 pm »
I don't know if many people understand what it would mean if Kaepernick was allowed by law to get away with his protests. The football stadium was his workplace.
If the law decided that he was within his rights to kneel at his workplace and protest, what could stop other people from doing the same thing at their workplace?
Before I retired whevever I worked, personal, political opinions and lewd words were banned from being talked about including clothing.

Online NavyCanDo

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2018, 04:55:13 am »
I know one thing, Trump needs to keep his pie hole shut. We finely have a ruling from the NFL that looks like will bring a swift end to the National Anthem protest, and he goes out and fans the flame again with that maybe they shouldn't be in this country comment.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2018, 05:01:52 am »
I know one thing, Trump needs to keep his pie hole shut. We finely have a ruling from the NFL that looks like will bring a swift end to the National Anthem protest, and he goes out and fans the flame again with that maybe they shouldn't be in this country comment.

LOL. Silly person. 5 seconds after the League announced this change the players groups started balking and raising a shitstorm. They're not going to follow this ruling.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2018, 09:48:34 am »
LOL. Silly person. 5 seconds after the League announced this change the players groups started balking and raising a shitstorm. They're not going to follow this ruling.

Tee-hee........wait until they read the fine print on the ruling.  (I wish)

"....fifteen yard penalty is assessed for EACH player not standing during the National Anthem".  If during the kick-off, the football sails thru the uprights in the receiving teams end-zone....they get 3 points and then kick off again.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2018, 11:17:45 am »
Saying that you are going to do something and actually doing it are two completely separate things. When the NFL is pushed, they'll fold like a vegan Liberal trying to play poker.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2018, 12:40:48 pm »
Tee-hee........wait until they read the fine print on the ruling.  (I wish)

"....fifteen yard penalty is assessed for EACH player not standing during the National Anthem".  If during the kick-off, the football sails thru the uprights in the receiving teams end-zone....they get 3 points and then kick off again.

So that ended up in the new reg?  I read about possibly adding a yardage penalty but I never saw it covered in the stories.  Admittedly,, I didn't thoroughly read the stories because I don't like Football.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2018, 07:48:31 pm »
, I didn't thoroughly read the stories because I don't like Football.

I guess that's what happens when you grow up a Lions supporter.  A man can only stand so mush losing.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2018, 07:51:13 pm »
I guess that's what happens when you grow up a Lions supporter.  A man can only stand so mush losing.

Nailed it.  :cool:
I will NOT comply.