Author Topic: Why centrist Dianne Feinstein is moving so much to the left that she now opposes the death penalty  (Read 932 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Los Angeles Times
By SARAH D. WIRE
MAY 23, 2018

Dianne Feinstein built one of California's most successful political brands by standing up to her party's liberal wing.

In her first run for statewide office in 1990, she defiantly faced down raucous booing from California Democratic Party delegates angry over her support for the death penalty. Undeterred, she used footage of the public rebuke in campaign ads to show the state's then-more moderate population — including many Republicans — that she was tough, pragmatic and mainstream.

That centrist formula propelled Feinstein to the U.S. Senate two years later, and after one tough race, she has pretty much coasted to reelection since.

More than a generation later, California has moved left, becoming one of the nation's bluest states.

At 84 and seeking a fifth full term in November, Feinstein has moved left as well, though not far enough for some Democrats.

(more)
http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-pol-ca-feinstein-election-strategy-20180523-story.html
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
DiFi was a centrist?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline goatprairie

DiFi was a centrist?
Feinstein would occasionally dip a toe into the waters of political sanity which made her an arch-conservative in the current Dem ranks.

Offline the_doc

Maybe she has committed treason and realizes that she's at risk for the death penalty. 

(During Obama's Presidency, a bill was strangely floated to eliminate the death penalty for treason.  [Hmmmm...Why did they limit their objections to capital punishment only to treason cases?  Can some TBR member find out who sponsored/supported that legislative push?  I believe it was early in Obama's second term, but I'm not sure.])

Offline bilo

At 84 and seeking a fifth full term in November

I don't care what party your in, at 84 it's silly to be running for another 6yr term. She is a great example of what's wrong in our political system. We have career politicians who stay in office for life and act like they are an elevated aristocracy. Shame on us for re-electing these people over and over again.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Just what Cali needs another out of touch, dusty old vagina holding on to faded glory from a time long gone by.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Di-Fi is a "Centrist"?????

Compared to whom,Stalin or Chairman Mao"

There must be some REALLY powerful drugs landing on the desks of LA Times "reporters" these days.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Feinstein would occasionally dip a toe into the waters of political sanity which made her an arch-conservative in the current Dem ranks.

@goatprairie

Well,she IS married to the former attorney of NORINCO,one of the major arms manufacturers in the world,while proudly showing one of their products,a full-auto AK-47 at gun control rallies and screeching for more gun control.

Interestingly enough,the BATF was ready to start making arrests of ALL of the Chinese NORINCO executives in the US for smuggling full-auto AK-47's into the country to sell to gangbangers,so they did what they were required to do,and briefed the Senate Committee that Di-Fi chairs the day before the scheduled raid on their Long Beach,Ca headquarters,and oddly enough,that very same night every single one of the flew out of the country and back to China to avoid arrest.

I'm sure that was just a coincidence,though.

Offline skeeter

Feinstein is the prototypical pay-to-play politician. There's not an ideological bone in her body, like the Clintons she (and her husband) are in it for the money, plain & simple.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
At 84 and seeking a fifth full term in November

I don't care what party your in, at 84 it's silly to be running for another 6yr term. She is a great example of what's wrong in our political system. We have career politicians who stay in office for life and act like they are an elevated aristocracy. Shame on us for re-electing these people over and over again.

@bilo

It doesn't make any difference anymore because none of them make their own decisions,anyhow. They are nothing more than spokescritters for the people that pay the biggest bribes. The realy work and the real decisions all come from their staff. They could roll her out to a podium on a hand cart with a spit cup tied to her chin and it wouldn't make any difference. She has a Big Red D on her chest and is from California. She can get re-elected even after her body reaches room temperature.