Author Topic: The new AG itching to take on Trump  (Read 1682 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The new AG itching to take on Trump
« on: May 23, 2018, 08:30:51 pm »
 The new AG itching to take on Trump

New Jersey Attorney General Gurbir Grewal has jurisdiction over 20 Trump properties and is ready to step into Eric Schneiderman’s void.

By EDWARD-ISAAC DOVERE

05/23/2018 05:03 AM EDT

The man aspiring to be the new face of the resistance is a practicing Sikh who likes to call attention to his turban and happens to have jurisdiction over 20 of President Donald Trump’s properties, including Bedminster.

New Jersey Attorney General Gurbir Grewal says he sees an opening in the continuing wake left by New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman’s surprise resignation, and he’s ready to take it.

“If with him not being there, there’s a gap, we’ll fill that gap to make sure there’s no backsliding,” said Grewal, ticking off a list of active or potential lawsuits against the administration over immigrants, the stripping down of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, threats to the state coastline, the proposed citizenship question on the Census and more.

In four months on the job, Grewal has joined or started 30 actions against the federal government, from debt collection to carbon emissions. He has embedded himself with the Democratic attorneys general who've banded together since last year to take on Trump, and which Schneiderman had been a national leader on.

more
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/05/23/new-jersey-attorney-general-trump-603284
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: The new AG itching to take on Trump
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2018, 08:33:02 pm »
So that's what's important, that he's willing "to take on Trump"? Not upholding the law or any of that stuff?

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2018, 08:37:59 pm »
Busy little beaver ain't he. 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline endicom

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2018, 09:14:56 pm »

How can a governor and a state AG declare that they are out to get the POTUS? Isn't that insurrection?

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2018, 10:49:28 pm »
How can a governor and a state AG declare that they are out to get the POTUS? Isn't that insurrection?

It's New Jersey.  You know, the garden state where they take you to the happy home with trees and flowers and chirping birds and basket weavers who sit and smile as they twiddle their thumbs and toes as they take you away to the funny farm where life is beautiful all the time.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2018, 10:52:40 pm »
LOL. This guy with the stupid hat is a clown. If you have brag that you have to make up shit to go after someone, you've already lost the battle.

BTW, NJ. Don't you have a few other pressing matters like going into bankruptcy and people fleeing your state in droves?

Oceander

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2018, 12:22:06 am »

No. 

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2018, 05:17:59 am »

It's just like if they were after any other criminal. Being POTUS doesn't make one exempt from state law.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2018, 05:20:33 am »
It's just like if they were after any other criminal. Being POTUS doesn't make one exempt from state law.

This guy with the stupid hat didn't mention any state laws that Trump was violating. He did list a laundry list of federal laws and rules that he wanted to violate though. Can we arrest him now?

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2018, 01:02:12 pm »

I don't think he did, the article implied he would. If he did that would hugely hurt any actual cases he pursued against the POTUS.