Author Topic: This Is Why We Will Never Register Our Guns Or Cooperate With Government Mandates  (Read 19559 times)

Offline Axeslinger

I continue to agree.  I haven't seen anything that convinces me I want the federal government to enforce one states laws onto another.  Fantasies that they would expand our freedoms in doing so is only fantasy.
@IsailedawayfromFR @thackney

EXCEPT...for that pesky ol’ 10Th amendment which expresses the principle of federalism and states' rights, which states that the federal government possesses only those powers delegated to it by the United States Constitution.  And last I checked the 2A is an amendment, and thus part of, the constitution.  Therefore according to the 10th, neither the states nor localities; should not be screwing with “SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED”

But then again, I am just a lowly reader of plain ol English.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 09:53:01 pm by Axeslinger »
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I continue to agree.  I haven't seen anything that convinces me I want the federal government to enforce one states laws onto another.  Fantasies that they would expand our freedoms in doing so is only fantasy.
As a matter of fact, I'd appreciate it if they quit. At least have some semblance of consistency with "full faith and credit".
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

EXCEPT...for that pesky ol’ 10Th amendment which expresses the principle of federalism and states' rights, which states that the federal government possesses only those powers delegated to it by the United States Constitution.  And last I checked the 2A is an amendment, and thus part of, the constitution.  Therefore according to the 10th, neither the states nor localities; should not be screwing with “SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED”

So the case you espouse is not throttling down a state's laws.  Instead, it is to disregard an unconstitutional law passed by a state.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline thackney

Now I would be real happy with action at the Federal level that said "Shall not be infringed" means "shall not be infringed including requirements for permits".

I am in favor of Alaskan style carry, if you are legally allowed to own the gun, you are allowed to carry it, concealed or open.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Now I would be real happy with action at the Federal level that said "Shall not be infringed" means "shall not be infringed including requirements for permits".

I am in favor of Alaskan style carry, if you are legally allowed to own the gun, you are allowed to carry it, concealed or open.

:amen:

AZ = AK in this regard.  In fact there are quite a few Constitutional Carry states nowadays.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: