Author Topic: This Is Why We Will Never Register Our Guns Or Cooperate With Government Mandates  (Read 19605 times)

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
And from my limited experience, a very large percentage of gun "owners" know exactly, EXACTLY, what they OWN.

No guns don't stop the crazy from doing bad shit.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Well if them kids could be talked into taking them Tide Pods as a suppository, they'd be a whole lot less popular. Except a guy with his pants off screaming though your party like Lawrence Welk's bubble machine might be a conversation starter...  :shrug:
DON'T pop the bubbles! :terror:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

During the mid-1980s dairy farmers decided there was too much cheap milk at the supermarket. So the government bought and slaughtered 1.6 million cows. How come the government never does anything like this with lawyers?
LOL! You EVER see a cheap lawyer?

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline RoosGirl

LOL! You EVER see a cheap lawyer?

Cheap, yes. Inexpensive, no.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
DON'T pop the bubbles! :terror:

Now that is funny. It just Dawned on me that I use a bit of dish soap in my weedkiller sprayer.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 02:07:25 am by bigheadfred »
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Cheap, yes. Inexpensive, no.

And cheap ain't what you want when that date is in court.

Offline Smokin Joe

When have I defended illegal aliens for breaking the community's laws?   The question is why do you condemn them when you brag about your own moral righteousness in breaking the community's laws? 

Seems to me you're the one who should be counting on amnesty for lawbreaking.
The very presence of an illegal alien within these borders is a prima facie violation of the law. Invaders have no rights.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

And btw... if anybody's interested, I will be buying em off the back of a truck

:beer:

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

I have a 44 mag, combined with the steel but plate.  I'm sad to say more than once I've jacked rounds back out because I didn't want more pounding.

I felt like the .308 was too much duplication of my 30-06.  And when it comes to playing the 7.62x39 can be bought at 17¢ a round, sometimes better.
https://www.bestolin.com/best-rifle-recoil-pad-reviews/

Relatively inexpensive recoil solution.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

I would add a bit about this damnable 'community' verbiage, @Smokin Joe ...
It reads to me as a dirty word.

The beauty of the American system is in its Federalism - That folks of one kind can be one place, and folks that are else-wise another. That is an aggregate of individualism and independence.

The limiting nature of the Constitution was intentional in ONLY giving to the fed that which it must necessarily NEED to govern. The Lion's share was left to the several states to govern, and ultimately to the people. That again bespeaks an individualism and independence, as does most of the state constitutions I am familiar with.

This national 'community' that @Jazzhead is so in love with is the very tool being used to oppose that individualism and independence, where our rights and liberty reside... There is no 'community' 3000 miles away, able to dictate terms.

And talk about such a thing deserves no dang credit at all.
That distinction, between a Federal Government and a National Government, is lost on far too many, far too often.

C S Lewis

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Now that is funny. It just Dawned on me that I use a bit of dish soap in my weedkiller sprayer.

Does that really work?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Does that really work?

Yes. The soap sticks and fixes the herbicide to the leaves of the plant you are spraying. My spraying is 99.95% dandelions. So I turn down the spray so it is single plant specific.

A single shot weapon, with the right ammunition, combined with that ultimate desire to kill, is highly effective.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
That distinction, between a Federal Government and a National Government, is lost on far too many, far too often.

@roamer_1

One of the perks of civilization. Civilization--aka--urbanization. Large groups of people being schooled to all swim in the same direction.

Offline RoosGirl

Yes. The soap sticks and fixes the herbicide to the leaves of the plant you are spraying. My spraying is 99.95% dandelions. So I turn down the spray so it is single plant specific.

A single shot weapon, with the right ammunition, combined with that ultimate desire to kill, is highly effective.

You are tragically unhip; you're supposed to make tea out of those dandelions!

Offline roamer_1

No... Coffee. Tea is from the leaf and bud... Coffee is the roasted root. and I am partial to it... Won't never be no herbicide on my lawn... That's right.

Offline roamer_1

@roamer_1

One of the perks of civilization. Civilization--aka--urbanization. Large groups of people being schooled to all swim in the same direction.

That explains why country Conservative folks are like herding cats...

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Straw man.  Your natural right to defend yourself and your home isn't at stake or at issue here.   What you don't necessarily have a right to do is buy guns off the back of trucks in undocumented transactions, or amass arsenals in secret.   Registration serves a similar purpose for guns as it does for cars -  to assign a gun to its lawful owner for liability purposes,  and to provide a basis for documented transfers and dispositions.

But it is entirely reasonable to require that you register your ownership and buy and sell your guns on the up-and-up.

You have the right to defend yourself.  And the community has the right to protect itself from an unregulated market in guns.   And you do NOT have the right to be a law unto yourself, and to pick and choose which of the community's laws you will ignore.     

I see why most here have put you on ignore. You do have a right to accumulate as many guns/ammo as you deem appropriate. The fellow had 230 rounds of ammo, I have 10s of thousands rounds of ammo and want more. Heck, some 22 ammo comes in boxes of more than 500 and California thinks that is an arsenal. Some trips the the shooting range we uses more than 500-1000 rounds, good grief.

Defending oneself is more than just sitting at home, defending also means from a run away government. As described in the Federalist Papers (29), we are not just to be allowed pea shooters.

If circumstances should at any time oblige the government to form an army of any magnitude that army can never be formidable to the liberties of the people while there is a large body of citizens, little, if at all, inferior to them in discipline and the use of arms, who stand ready to defend their own rights and those of their fellow-citizens. This appears to me the only substitute that can be devised for a standing army, and the best possible security against it, if it should exist. 

If going up against an army, you can sure as hell bet my thousands of rounds are just joke, yet you want to limit it. Yet team me up with like minded freedom loving citizens (like most other posters in this thread), we do make a formidable group to not be pushed around. 

Private sales are another area we fully disagree. My elderly neighbor died, he left a widow that was sweet as honey (good Christian lady). We went to church together and we watched over her. When she got to age she was having trouble with her health, she called me down and asked if I wanted to purchase some of her late husband's guns (she had no children). I liked an old 20 gauge duck gun and just an old plinker 10-22. Gave her 100 bucks for each.  You would have her purchase a gun license to sell them. Nope, she knew me, that I was no felon (against the law to sell to a known felon) and money and weapons exchanged hands. None of the damn government's business.

Most gun folks know that if someone is wanting to buy a gun and you don't know them, that you can go to a gun shop and do a ffl check on the sale (hope I got the abbreviation right). You can not do over state line sales without using a ffl, but making it hard for widows to get rid of their guns is BS in my opinion. If a widow woman does not know the value of her guns, she needs to impress the help a a church member (what I suggest anyhoo). 

Quote from: MurryMomofTBR
And the community has the right to protect itself from an unregulated market in guns.   

Not at the expense of legal citizens which infringe on the second and God. Shall not be infringed. Right now even the licensing of gun rights (CC permits) by Sheriffs is unconstitutional in my opinion. Renting the right that is guaranteed. Constitutional Carry should be the right of the people in every state.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline thackney

https://www.bestolin.com/best-rifle-recoil-pad-reviews/

Relatively inexpensive recoil solution.

@Smokin Joe

Thank you sir.

I've considered them, but honestly I love the look without them.  When I want to play shoot it, I load it up with 44 special.  Someday, I'll take a hog with it, using the mags.

Once in a while, my mind gets stronger than my shoulder and I load the tube up with 44 mags just at the range table.  I've always wonder why I did that before the tube is empty, regardless if the bullets come out the end, or jacked out still in the cartridge.

Also I have nearly the same gun in 357/38.  It is better for play and the one my kids always reach for.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline thackney

Does that really work?

In the greater Houston area, adding a surfactant  makes a huge difference in the ability of herbicides to stick the plants.  It will make a real difference with any hard water.

http://www.randylemmon.com/lawns/gardenline-surfactants.html

Soap is something everyone has and makes it easy to add.  There are others that do even better:

Offline thackney

When I was teenage, baling hay, the farmer I worked for made dandelion wine.  Along with half a dozen other types.

He also had a permit for his still to make his own alcohol; he had a Farmall tractor that ran on gasoline.  He would proudly show me the permit and state: "You will notice there is nothing in this permit that says I cannot keep my still clean enough to drink out of."

Dinners were fun after the baling was done.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
I would add a bit about this damnable 'community' verbiage, @Smokin Joe ...
It reads to me as a dirty word.

The beauty of the American system is in its Federalism - That folks of one kind can be one place, and folks that are else-wise another. That is an aggregate of individualism and independence.

The limiting nature of the Constitution was intentional in ONLY giving to the fed that which it must necessarily NEED to govern. The Lion's share was left to the several states to govern, and ultimately to the people. That again bespeaks an individualism and independence, as does most of the state constitutions I am familiar with.

This national 'community' that @Jazzhead is so in love with is the very tool being used to oppose that individualism and independence, where our rights and liberty reside... There is no 'community' 3000 miles away, able to dictate terms.

And talk about such a thing deserves no dang credit at all.

I do not support gun regulation at the national level.   Like you,  I agree that our federal system is a core strength; we are a confederation of sovereign states,  and the "community" that should be setting the rules regarding gun use and ownership has historically been, should remain, the several states.   

The community can further be defined at the local level.  Here, some states forbid localities from establishing their own rules for firearms, while others allow local communities the ability to do so.   As for me,  I have no objection to my town being able to set its own rules, consistent of course with the Constitution.   

Ironically,  the biggest push for trumping state/local rules is coming these days from conservatives pushing national concealed carry reciprocity.   It is "conservatives" who want to strip states and localities of authority to decide who may carry in the public square.   IMO,  a true conservative must be opposed to such a national rule,  in name of federalism and states' rights.   
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 02:49:02 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline thackney

I do not support gun regulation at the national level.

I think that is wise.

Like you,  I agree that our federal system is a core strength; we are a confederation of sovereign states,  and the "community" that should be setting the rules regarding gun use and ownership has historically been, should remain, the several states.

Yes, within the limits of the Constitution(s).

The community can further be defined at the local level.  Here, some states forbid localities from establishing their own rules for firearms, while others allow local communities the ability to do so.   As for me,  I have no objection to my town being able to set its own rules, consistent of course with the Constitution.

With that limit, yes... (but wary)  Very small town politics can be used against individuals, like homeowner associations, etc.  While closer to the individuals seems like a good idea, abuse is too common. 

Ironically,  the biggest push for trumping state/local rules is coming these days from conservatives pushing national concealed carry reciprocity.

Not all of us.  The Fed that can tell New York to accept Texas Gun permits is the same Fed that can tell Texas with that permit comes all of California's requirements.

It is "conservatives" who want to strip states and localities of authority to decide who may carry in the public square.   IMO,  a true conservative must be opposed to such a national rule,  in name of federalism and states' rights.

There are definitely folks on both sides of the aisle that want to use the feds to beat the locals into their preferred view.  My preferred view is from a distance.

Offline roamer_1

I do not support gun regulation at the national level.   Like you,  I agree that our federal system is a core strength; we are a confederation of sovereign states,  and the "community" that should be setting the rules regarding gun use and ownership has historically been, should remain, the several states.   

@Jazzhead
No, you have been hawking for a national registry and a national imposition requiring gun insurance... That has not a damn thing to do with several states.

Neither do I. What I do have a problem with is you imposing your 'sensibilities' upon me. You've already got your way where you are. Knock yourself out. You have no right at all to impose it upon me.

Ironically,  the biggest push for trumping state/local rules is coming these days from conservatives pushing national concealed carry reciprocity.   It is "conservatives" who want to strip states and localities of authority to decide who may carry in the public square.   IMO,  a true conservative must be opposed to such a national rule,  in name of federalism and states' rights.   

Bullshit. CCW is a license. JUST LIKE a driver's license or a marriage license. Reciprocity - the very same reciprocity with which y'all imposed homo marriage and demanded recognition by the various states - THAT reciprocity demands it. Karma's a bitch.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 03:32:13 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline Idiot

Guns?  What guns?   :laugh:

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Citizens are under no obligation to follow unconstituional mandates. No matter how stupid you want us to be, we know, through various real life examples, what registration leads to.  You go register your own guns and then mind your own damn business.
Forget it.  The guy is clueless on any differences between a citizen and a non-citizen of this country.  He also cannot fathom differences between an existing law and a hypothetical one.

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington