Author Topic: The Memo: Will Mueller play hardball with Trump?  (Read 400 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
The Memo: Will Mueller play hardball with Trump?
« on: May 20, 2018, 02:00:58 pm »

The Hill
BY NIALL STANAGE
05/20/18 06:00 AM EDT

Special counsel Robert Mueller wants to interview President Trump — but how far is he willing to go to get the president's testimony?

Some legal experts believe Mueller might have gathered sufficient evidence for indictments even without a Trump interview. They say Mueller could be reluctant to get bogged down in the months-long legal battle that would ensue were the president to resist a subpoena.

“Originally my thought was, ‘Without question, Mueller will subpoena him given how he has handled this case.’  I’m not so completely sure of that anymore. I think Mueller could say, ‘We’ve tried to accommodate them, we’re moving ahead,’” said Solomon Wisenberg, a Washington attorney who served as independent counsel Kenneth Starr’s deputy during investigations into President Clinton.

Wisenberg still said a subpoena was more likely than not, however. And he noted that negotiations between the Mueller team and Trump’s lawyers could yet reach an agreement on the conditions for an interview.

(more)
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/388417-the-memo-will-mueller-play-hardball-with-trump
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.