Author Topic: BREAKING>>>Active Shooter At Santa Fe, Tx High School  (Read 18563 times)

Offline thackney

Re: BREAKING>>>Active Shooter At Santa Fe, Tx High School
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2018, 03:39:52 pm »
Santa Fe is very close to me here in San Leon, tx

I'm ~20 miles away in Rosharon.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2018, 03:42:20 pm »
Fox reporting shooter in custody

A Houston police official says that two suspects are in custody

https://www.yahoo.com/news/live-updates-shooting-santa-fe-texas-high-school-150311016.html

Live link.....

https://www.khou.com/mobile/article/news/local/watch-live-at-least-8-killed-in-shooting-at-santa-fe-hs-officials-sweeping-building/285-553331098

Sheriff clarified one suspect in custody, another person of interest detained.  Both male students at the school.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 03:45:36 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2018, 03:44:51 pm »
I lived in League City for about 18 years, just north from Santa Fe on highway 45.  Both League City and points south to Dickinson and Santa Fe were highly damaged/flooded from that last hurricane.  Now this has happened.

Up thread it says two "resource" adults were killed - those are peace officers on campus.  Maybe they were not killed.  There is another news conference in one hour - I heard that about 10:30 am central time so around 11:30 will get another report; maybe that will clear up who the dead are.

Another news conference from sheriff now on CNN.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2018, 03:48:11 pm »
Sheriff says 8 to 10 killed, the majority were students.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2018, 03:49:36 pm »
Mike Gallagher, radio show host has been discussing this, this morning.

A caller just called in and pointed out how cell phones (distracted driving I guess) kill about 2500 teens a year, then, there are those figures for teen suicide and so on but these stories always, correctly, get all of this coverage.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2018, 03:50:24 pm »

Steve Brusk
‏Verified account @stevebruskCNN
2m2 minutes ago

Sheriff Ed Gonlazez says the death toll in between 8 and 10 in the Sante Fe high school shooting, mostly students.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline TomSea

« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2018, 03:54:11 pm »
Suspect in custody, they have a "person of interest" detained.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2018, 03:54:51 pm »
Based on the number of LEOs, EMTs, and medivac helicopters on the scene, this looks like it was a very rapid and well organized response to a terrible situation.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 03:56:22 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2018, 03:59:19 pm »
Fox 26 Houston reporting 8-10 people dead. One additional student taken into custody.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2018, 04:04:24 pm »
Based on the number of LEOs, EMTs, and medivac helicopters on the scene, this looks like it was a very rapid and well organized response to a terrible situation.
@edpc
@mystery-ak

The helicopters took patients to this hospital in Galveston: The University of Texas Medical Branch hospital in Galveston, TX, is a teaching hospital.  I worked there as a researcher for a year or so before I opened my office.  There is every available medical treatment there. Their burn center is the best available.  Also, being on Galveston Island with hurricanes coming in, they are always ready for medical injuries from hurricanes.  They don't shut down when a hurricane comes in.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2018, 04:05:10 pm »
Fox 26 Houston reporting 8-10 people dead. One additional student taken into custody.
Saw the same

Offline Applewood

« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2018, 04:09:16 pm »
This is starting to look like a conspiracy. We don't suddenly go from less than one a year to one a week without this being planned. Our public schools are being targeted. (Specifically public schools. Not a single one of these has been a Catholic or private academy.)

I don't know about a conspiracy, but I do think these loons watch and learn from others who have done the same thing.  The schools and the parents aren't helping for the most part either.  They insist upon making these schools gun-free zones and refuse to do anything that might make the schools safer.  Armed guards?  You have to be kidding.  Metal detectors and searches?  No.  They violate the kids' right to privacy.  Mention these suggestions and you will be ignored or ridiculed.  They are fixated on gun confiscation in the mistaken belief that disarming the citizens will make these shootings go away.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2018, 04:15:19 pm »
A police officer is also being treated, the extent of his injuries are unknown.

According to the chief nursing officer at UTMB, David Marshall, there's three victims at the hospital.

Marshall said during a press conference that two adults and one minor were transported to the facility for treatment.

The three victims' condition were not immediately released, but Marshall did say one person was in the operating room.

http://abc13.com/at-least-8-dead-and-officer-injured-following-santa-fe-hs-shooting-/3491480/

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2018, 04:17:48 pm »
On the TV I heard students say they first heard the fire alarm before they heard any shooting.

Offline flowers

« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2018, 04:18:40 pm »
Per msnbc. Shooter 17 years old so no name will be released. One other person may have helped. Explosives also used.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2018, 04:20:52 pm »
@mystery-ak

Also, my husband was Vice President at American National Insurance Company located on Galveston Island.  Their building is the only high rise on the island. Since he worked there, I have been on Galveston Island a lot during those years plus the year I worked
there.  We knew all the area from the island to League City and the town of Webster, next to League City where NASA is.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2018, 04:21:45 pm »
Fox reporting explosive devices on campus
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline TomSea

« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2018, 04:23:45 pm »
Per msnbc. Shooter 17 years old so no name will be released. One other person may have helped. Explosives also used.

Right, explosion heard but can that mean a gun blast? Anyway, right, we may not know the perps name.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2018, 04:24:12 pm »
I don't know about a conspiracy, but I do think these loons watch and learn from others who have done the same thing.  The schools and the parents aren't helping for the most part either.  They insist upon making these schools gun-free zones and refuse to do anything that might make the schools safer.  Armed guards?  You have to be kidding.  Metal detectors and searches?  No.  They violate the kids' right to privacy.  Mention these suggestions and you will be ignored or ridiculed.  They are fixated on gun confiscation in the mistaken belief that disarming the citizens will make these shootings go away.

In Texas, the law is, each school district can determine whether or not they want armed guards.  It appears this school did have one or more.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2018, 04:25:33 pm »
CNN says 12 people hospitalized and Governor Abbott is traveling to the scene.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2018, 04:26:54 pm »

Santa Fe ISD
‏ @SantaFeISD
11m11 minutes ago

#UPDATE Possible explosive devices have been located at the school and off campus. Law enforcement is in the process of rendering them safe. School has been evacuated. Call 911 if you see any suspicious item
Support the USO

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2018, 04:27:12 pm »
Zach Muehe, a sophomore, at the school tells FOX 26 that he saw another student from his football class come into his classroom and start shooting.

Muehe says he then ran to another classroom to alert a teacher to evacuate the school.

He says the teacher then pulled the alarm while evacuating students.

http://www.fox26houston.com/news/report-of-shots-fired-at-santa-fe-high-school

11:10 a.m.: A senior law enforcement official said nine people have died. The shooter is a student who was armed with an AR-15 style assault rifle, a shotgun and a pistol, said the official, who requested anonymity because he was not authorized to speak to the media.

"Evidently this guy threw pipe bombs all in there," the official said. "We don't know if any of them went off.

The source said the death toll, which includes students and staff, is expected to rise.

He also identified the injured police officer as John Barnes, a former Houston police officer who was retired and working with the school's police department. He was shot in the shoulder and is not critically wounded, the source said.

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/Shots-fired-at-Santa-Fe-High-School-12925050.php

Offline Applewood

« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2018, 04:27:16 pm »
Right, explosion heard but can that mean a gun blast? Anyway, right, we may not know the perps name.

If the punk is tried as an adult, he may be identified then. 

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2018, 04:28:12 pm »
Can't say if it is related but Ramadan started recently. And the tactic of using explosions to cause confusion followed by weapons fire as people either flee or respond is a very well known typical Muslim attack.

I can't say that the shooter is Muslim, but what he did is a common way that Muslims do terror attacks all over the world. Maybe it is just a coincidence.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2018, 04:30:31 pm »
If the punk is tried as an adult, he may be identified then.

That's a good point. We still might have to wait a bit, from a few days until who knows how long.

And he probably would be tried as an adult. He will probably get a mental evaluation as well at some point.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 04:33:41 pm by TomSea »