Author Topic: BREAKING>>>Active Shooter At Santa Fe, Tx High School  (Read 18722 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: BREAKING>>>Active Shooter At Santa Fe, Tx High School
« Reply #300 on: May 24, 2018, 05:06:55 pm »
Leaving "Our Maker" out, is precisely how and why we have ended up here as a society to begin with.

@INVAR

What factory produced you?

Do you have a unique serial number? If so,where is it located?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #301 on: May 24, 2018, 05:10:09 pm »
I noticed that as soon as this shooter's name was revealed, some commenters (NOT HERE!) began speculating about where he came from.  Was his name Muslim?  Etc., etc., etc.  More than one person commented that "he didn't sound like he came from here."

His family is first generation immigrant.  His mother is very religious; both parents seem very "traditional". 

Santa Fe is a very conservative town, almost entirely white. 

@LauraTXNM

Serious question. Are Greeks considered to be white? I ask this because I don't know,and I'm  half-greek myself. Dark complexion,and black eyes.

Not that I really care,I'm just curious.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #302 on: May 24, 2018, 05:12:20 pm »
Do you think there are 93 people in his family?

No, I don't agree.

@thackney

I agree. He just looks like a typical pudgy geek-boy to me. High School being High School,there is no real surprise about him having a tough time getting a date. There is not a more superficial atmosphere anywhere else in the entire world.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #303 on: May 24, 2018, 05:22:08 pm »
Are there members on this thread that believe there's no difference between a 10 year-old child raised on video games such as Teenage Ninja Turtles...than one spending the same hours playing Call of Duty?       :thud:

...garbage in, garbage out.

@DCPatriot

Maybe kids that play Ninga Turtles want to kill themselves for being hopeless dweebs,and kids that play Call to Duty want to kill everybody else?

Seems like we need some sort of middle-ground there.

BTW,the only people I know personally that play games like Call of Duty are a couple of cops in the 40's and 50's.

BTW,in the spirit of confession,I used to LOVE to play DOOM,Descent, and Heretic "back in the day",but that was fighting monsters. Whoever it was that recorded with Witch's voice and laugh when you discovered her had the whole "evil voice" think down PAT! It would literally make the hair on the back of my neck standup.

Had to give them up one day when it occurred to me that things like real food,sleep,and taking showers were kinda important,too.

Online AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #304 on: May 24, 2018, 07:23:10 pm »
@INVAR

Besides, it is man's nature to love his own ideas and passions and hate God - especially in institutions of men that claim God for themselves.

I agree. Mankind, in its arrogance, has been attempting to define and mold the Creator since the beginning of time.

When the churches themselves refuse to even discuss the subject of repentance and are embracing things like Chrislam and homosexuality - I am not holding out much hope for 'Revival'.

No argument from me that too much of the body of Christ has traded the purity of the Word of God for a "more palatable" message. That's no excuse for becoming jaded. All that's needed is a remnant.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 07:23:46 pm by AllThatJazzZ »

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
« Reply #305 on: May 24, 2018, 08:28:17 pm »
@LauraTXNM

Serious question. Are Greeks considered to be white? I ask this because I don't know,and I'm  half-greek myself. Dark complexion,and black eyes.

Hey there, @sneakypete!  As far as I know, white is basically European or Hispanic, which right there seems like a huge overgeneralization ;). 
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #306 on: May 24, 2018, 08:45:20 pm »
@LauraTXNM

According to Louis CK, no.

! No longer available
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #307 on: May 24, 2018, 09:48:57 pm »
Hey there, @sneakypete!  As far as I know, white is basically European or Hispanic, which right there seems like a huge overgeneralization ;).

@LauraTXNM

Well,the original "Hispanics" were from Spain,and looked nothing like the people sneaking across our borders. In FACT,they enslaved and murdered the hell out of the people who call themselves Hispanic today. It's kinda like Jews calling themselves Aryans. I just don't get it. Are they ashamed of having Native American blood?

BTW,my grandmother was a full-blooded Tuscarora. Grandad was of Scottish descent,and after looking at the photo of granny that I have,Obviously a drinking man.  Not to mention a man with a sailing ship that went to "de islands,man" during Prohibition often enough to attract the attention of the local pols that didn't like competition because one afternoon a cop in uniform came to the door and told granny her mother was sick and dying,and that she and the children needed to catch a bus to the state where she lived. That night grandad was shot in the back of the head with a 38 revolver as he sat alone at the dinner table,eating dinner. The local PD was reported by the paper to say they knew nothing about it and no cop came to the door,but granny was neither stupid nor blind,and she clearly saw the city police car and the police sgt in uniform that came to the door.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 09:56:16 pm by sneakypete »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #308 on: May 24, 2018, 09:59:22 pm »

According to Louis CK, no.

! No longer available

@edpc

I can live with that. I pretty much don't care,either. I mostly dislike and mistrust everybody I meet until they prove to me they can be trusted,regardless of skin color,religion,or native language.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #309 on: May 24, 2018, 10:00:58 pm »
@edpc

I can live with that. I pretty much don't care,either. I mostly dislike and mistrust everybody I meet until they prove to me they can be trusted,regardless of skin color,religion,or native language.

No argument from me.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #310 on: May 25, 2018, 12:50:55 am »
@edpc

It's interesting the history of the notion of "whiteness."

If you read Benjamin Franklin's work, he didn't even consider Germans to be "white," since he believed their worldview was incompatible with the American ideal. (The large German community in Pennsylvania didn't take kindly to Franklin suggesting that, either.)
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #311 on: June 07, 2018, 11:59:48 pm »
Good news update, y'all...

Update on Santa Fe ISD Police Officer John Barnes, who was seriously wounded and nearly killed while confronting a school shooter: https://www.houstonchronicle.com/neighborhood/galveston/articleComments/Officer-injured-during-Santa-Fe-High-School-12974315.php

He has a challenging recovery ahead of him and still needs prayer, but since it appeared for quite a while that he wasn't going to survive, this is excellent news!

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #312 on: June 08, 2018, 12:21:55 am »

Update on Santa Fe ISD Police Officer John Barnes, who was seriously wounded and nearly killed while confronting a school shooter: https://www.houstonchronicle.com/neighborhood/galveston/articleComments/Officer-injured-during-Santa-Fe-High-School-12974315.php

Thanks for that GREAT update, @AllThatJazzZ !
He has a challenging recovery ahead of him and still needs prayer, but since it appeared for quite a while that he wasn't going to survive, this is excellent news!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #313 on: June 08, 2018, 12:23:09 am »

Good to hear!
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #314 on: June 08, 2018, 12:25:55 am »
It's interesting the history of the notion of "whiteness."

If you read Benjamin Franklin's work, he didn't even consider Germans to be "white," since he believed their worldview was incompatible with the American ideal. (The large German community in Pennsylvania didn't take kindly to Franklin suggesting that, either.)

@jmyrlefuller

My grandmother was a full-blooded Tuscarora Indian,and judging by the only known photo of her that I have seen,she was pretty damn dark. Then again,even though modern history wants to ignore it,there was at least ONE "Native Tribe" that lived near where the NC/SC border is now that were very dark and had what was described as "African features" by the dood from Jamestown (James White?) that went out amongst all the locals he could find to report on their ways and draw pictures of them. Unfortunately for them,the tribe was dying out by the time he discovered them. Warfare with other,stronger tribes and diseases had their numbers down to the point where the males were going to be killed or die off,and the females absorbed into other local tribes.

It should be noted that native tribes didn't much care about skin color or anything else other than "can they work and give birth to benefit the tribe?"

I have talked with a few of the older women around here decades ago who knew her when they were girls,and every one of them said she was the smartest woman they ever met,so......so much for the rural southern racism of legend. My grandfather was of Scots-Irish blood,and had red hair and blue eyes. Other than one son and my mother who had red hair and blue or green eyes,the rest of their children (7 in total) had black hair,blue eyes,and they all had very pale skin.

As for me,my father was ethnic Greek,so I don't really know,or care about what category I fit into. After all,it's not like I can do anything about it,is it?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 12:29:24 am by sneakypete »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #315 on: June 08, 2018, 12:38:31 am »

Thanks, that is good news!

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #316 on: June 08, 2018, 12:39:16 am »

:amen: