Author Topic: BREAKING>>>Active Shooter At Santa Fe, Tx High School  (Read 18569 times)

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: BREAKING>>>Active Shooter At Santa Fe, Tx High School
« Reply #100 on: May 18, 2018, 06:41:39 pm »
I'm betting that there was an adult or some group involved in this attack. A coordinated attack like this, with explosives and small arms is not something a wacko 17 year old would usually do. Kids normally are impulsive and running on emotion. This was far from an 'impulse' attack. It was not emotional. It sounds more like a planned 'operation'.

This was meticulously planned likely for months in advance. I doubt the kid was the sole mastermind in setting all this up. Somebody or some group helped him, guided him, and sent him in there to do what he did.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #101 on: May 18, 2018, 06:42:34 pm »
Yep.  The drugs made him do it.

https://ssristories.org/

over 6000 of them.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #102 on: May 18, 2018, 06:49:55 pm »
Certainly begs for questions. I couldn't walk into a 7/11 or anywhere really carrying a shotgun, a rifle, a pistol and ammo. So how did this guy walk into a school with all that gear? And not only did he enter the school, he made all the way to his classroom which means he was walking the hallways. Nobody saw anything unusual about this guy? Really? You can't fit a shotgun in a backpack.
@240B

We were in car, radio on and it was said he was wearing a trench coat; so, he had the long guns under a trench coat.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #103 on: May 18, 2018, 06:53:47 pm »
@240B

We were in car, radio on and it was said he was wearing a trench coat; so, he had the long guns under a trench coat.

You would think the trench coat would have set off alarm bells.  Especially in south Texas in late May.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #104 on: May 18, 2018, 07:02:29 pm »
That's another thing, in the trench coat, stuff like that and the way the social media image that was posted. Some of this stuff looks a bit "Goth" but that is mere speculation and I'm certainly not saying that is what this is.

Prayers for those poor families who lost loved ones including it sounds like security officers.

888cryingkitty

I'm sure most of those kids that are "Goth" are not a threat, it just takes one..
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 07:03:06 pm by TomSea »

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #105 on: May 18, 2018, 07:14:51 pm »
News Conference by Gov. Greg Abbott on CNN

2 weapons, Shotgun and 38 revolver. Both purchased by his father. Now there are 2 people of interest.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #106 on: May 18, 2018, 07:21:51 pm »
News Conference by Gov. Greg Abbott on CNN

2 weapons, Shotgun and 38 revolver. Both purchased by his father. Now there are 2 people of interest.

So no AR-15??
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #107 on: May 18, 2018, 07:23:26 pm »

So no AR-15??

No evil Assault Rifle.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #108 on: May 18, 2018, 07:27:19 pm »
You would think the trench coat would have set off alarm bells.  Especially in south Texas in late May.

Yep, it's been in the mid 90's lately.

Offline LucasWhite

• IMDEX.org - Image-based Encyclopedia

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #110 on: May 18, 2018, 07:35:49 pm »
Abbott said the perp planned on committing suicide after the attack, but didn't have the nerve to do it. Wonder when we'll get the name of the other detained person.

Another case of red flags on social media. Perp's dad bought the guns legally. Perp had access to an abandoned trailer where he probably worked. This time the school resource officer manned up.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #111 on: May 18, 2018, 07:39:59 pm »

So no AR-15??

Impossible. People were shot.

Offline verga

« Reply #112 on: May 18, 2018, 07:40:42 pm »
This is starting to look like a conspiracy. We don't suddenly go from less than one a year to one a week without this being planned. Our public schools are being targeted. (Specifically public schools. Not a single one of these has been a Catholic or private academy.)
Stop having "Gun Free Zones". Allow teachers that are trained and qualified to carry. Put up a sign that reads that some members of the faculty are armed and willing to defend the students. This shit will stop very quickly.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #113 on: May 18, 2018, 07:46:07 pm »
No evil Assault Rifle.

If it ends up being something like a UTS-15 or a Saiga, they'll say there's no difference.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #114 on: May 18, 2018, 07:46:44 pm »
Stop having "Gun Free Zones". Allow teachers that are trained and qualified to carry. Put up a sign that reads that some members of the faculty are armed and willing to defend the students. This shit will stop very quickly.

In Texas, 172 school districts allow teachers, staff to carry guns in schools

That's a start.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #115 on: May 18, 2018, 07:47:17 pm »

QFT
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #116 on: May 18, 2018, 07:50:53 pm »
In Texas, 172 school districts allow teachers, staff to carry guns in schools

That's a start.

Out of 1300+.

You're right!  It's a start but that's all.  And I'll bet every single one of those 172 is predominantly rural.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

« Reply #117 on: May 18, 2018, 07:56:59 pm »

Since every one of these basket case shooters is a pathological narcissist 'born to kill' perhaps a more muscular approach is required.

Personally, I think the law should adapt a take no prisoners approach - totally ventilate the gun toting twerp on the scene in every case and prosecute as an accessory any news outlet that mentions his name.

Not very likely, I know.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #118 on: May 18, 2018, 08:08:55 pm »
Yep.  The drugs made him do it.

It's amazing.  Many people who die from bacterial pneumonia in the hospital are being given antibiotics.

It's vitally important that when someone has a mental illness that we don't treat him!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 08:24:17 pm by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #119 on: May 18, 2018, 08:10:04 pm »
Great link, thanks.

@LucasWhite

You're welcome.

Here's one on Cruz the Parkland shooter:

https://psychroaches.blogspot.com/2018/02/psychiatrist-says-more-psychiatry-means.html

Cruz had 39 encounters with the police. Sociopathic radar alarm.

He had been under Psychiatric 'care'/SSSSS.

Somewhere along the line the 'Pros From Dover' put him on ADHD meds.

"What do we know about Cruz’s psychiatric treatment?
The First Tragic Irony

According to the New York Times, the official department report that found Cruz to be “low risk” indicated that “he was regularly taking medication for A.D.H.D. It was unclear whether he was taking anything for depression, according to the report.”

In more detail, NBC News observed that Nikolas’s adoptive mother “insisted he received his necessary medication as prescribed.”

Investigators from the Department of Children and Families also contacted Cruz’s healthcare provider. NBC News quoted directly from report, “[Cruz’s] clinician from Henderson Mental Health has stated that there are no issues with [Cruz’s] medication and he has been compliant with taking his medication and keeps all his appointments.”

This is an irony of tragic proportions. Cruz was left unsupervised and free to buy a gun because he was faithfully taking psychiatric drugs that can cause or aggravate violence.

But do psychiatric drugs really cause violence?
Antidepressant-Induced Violence

In the early 1990s, a federal court appointed me to be the scientific expert for all of the combined product liability cases that were brought against Eli Lilly throughout the country concerning Prozac-induced violence, suicide and crime. Since then I have been involved in many cases in which judges and juries, and even prosecuting attorneys, have determined that psychiatric drugs have caused or substantially contributed to violence. For a lengthy list, see the Legal Section on my website.

In 2003/2004, I wrote a scientific review article about antidepressant-induced suicide, violence and mania which the FDA distributed to all its advisory committee members. This took place as the FDA Advisory Committee members prepared to review new warnings to be put in the Full Prescribing Information for all antidepressants.

In my peer-reviewed paper, I wrote:

Mania with psychosis is the extreme end of a stimulant continuum that often begins with lesser degrees of insomnia, nervousness, anxiety, hyperactivity and irritability and then progresses toward more severe agitation, aggression, and varying degrees of mania. (p. 2)

In words very close to and sometimes identical to mine, the FDA one year later required the manufacturers of every antidepressant to put the following observations in the Warnings section of the Full Prescribing Information:

All patients being treated with antidepressants for any indication should be monitored appropriately and observed closely for clinical worsening, suicidality, and unusual changes in behavior, especially during the initial few months of a course of drug therapy, or at times of dose changes, either increases or decreases. The following symptoms, anxiety, agitation, panic attacks, insomnia, irritability, hostility, aggressiveness, impulsivity, akathisia (psychomotor restlessness), hypomania, and mania, have been reported in adult and pediatric patients being treated with antidepressants for major depressive disorder as well as for other indications, both psychiatric and nonpsychiatric. (Celexa 2017, p. 8, bold added)

These adverse drug effects—including agitation, irritability, hostility, aggressiveness, akathisia, and impulsivity—are an obvious prescription for violence. Akathisia, which I also described in my article, is a psychomotor agitation that is strongly associated with violence.

The FDA further confirmed that antidepressants can cause violence in the FDA-approved Medication Guide for antidepressants. By law, Medication Guides must be based on science and on the drug’s Full Prescribing Information. These several-page guides are intended to be shared and discussed by the doctor with patients and their families.

The FDA Medication Guide for antidepressants warns clinicians, patients and families to be on the alert for the following:
acting on dangerous impulses
acting aggressive or violent
feeling agitated, restless, angry or irritable
other unusual changes in behavior or mood (Celexa 2017, p. 33)

This list (above) of antidepressant adverse effects from the Medication Guide should make clear that antidepressants can cause violence.
Stimulant-Induced Violence

The FDA also acknowledges the risk of both psychosis and aggression from the stimulant drugs used to treat ADHD, but waffles somewhat in the Full Prescribing Information about aggression. These excerpts are from the Dexedrine (amphetamine) Full Prescribing Information:
Psychiatric Adverse Events

Emergence of New Psychotic or Manic Symptoms: Treatment emergent psychotic or manic symptoms, e.g., hallucinations, delusional thinking, or mania in children and adolescents without a prior history of psychotic illness or mania can be caused by stimulants at usual doses.

Aggression: Aggressive behavior or hostility is often observed in children and adolescents with ADHD, and has been reported in clinical trials and the post-marketing experience of some medications indicated for the treatment of ADHD. Although there is no systematic evidence that stimulants cause aggressive behavior or hostility, patients beginning treatment for ADHD should be monitored for the appearance of, or worsening of, aggressive behavior or hostility. (Dexedrine, 2007, p. 3)

The Medication Guide for Dexedrine warns to report to the doctor “Mental (Psychiatric) Problems” that can be caused by the stimulant. The warning for stimulants echoes some of the adverse violence-related effects caused by antidepressants:
new or worse behavior and thought problems
new or worse bipolar illness
new or worse aggressive behavior or hostility (Dexedrine, 2014, p. 9)
Study Shows Antidepressants and Stimulants Are Especially Likely to Cause Violence

One of the most convincing studies of medication-induced violence was based on reports of violence to the FDA over a several year period. When the number of prescriptions written for each drug was factored in, a small group of drugs accounted for almost all reports of violence.

In the study of violence reports to the FDA, any predisposition toward violence in the patients themselves was largely ruled out because some of the most violence-inducing drugs were not psychiatric drugs, and were being given to a more general population. Some of the violence-inducing drugs were antibiotics, including Lariam (Mefloquine), which Sgt. Robert Bales was taking when he slaughtered 16 helpless, innocent villagers in Afghanistan.

The amphetamines as a group (mostly used to treat ADHD) were third in order of frequency of violence reports per prescription. The amphetamines include drugs such as Adderall and Dexedrine (pure amphetamines) and amphetamine-like drugs based on methylphenidate, such as Ritalin, Focalin and Concerta. While amphetamines as a group were third in the list of most likely to induce violence, overall the antidepressants were the most common offenders, with Prozac, Paxil, and Effexor near the top."

The 'Pros From Dover' took a kid with Sociopathic behaviors (39 police encounters) and turned him into a speed freak.

The math on that one shouldn't be hard for anyone to add up.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 08:10:44 pm by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #120 on: May 18, 2018, 08:26:21 pm »
Pulled from a Facebook post.

Gun deaths
There are 30,000 gun related deaths per year by firearms, and this number is not disputed. The U.S. population is 324,059,091 as of June 22, 2016. Do the math: 0.0000925% of the population dies from gun related actions each year. Statistically speaking, this is insignificant! What is never told, however, is a breakdown of those 30,000 deaths, to put them in perspective as compared to other causes of death:
• 65% of those deaths are by suicide, which would never be prevented by gun laws.
• 15% are by law enforcement in the line of duty and justified.
• 17% are through criminal activity, gang and drug related or mentally ill persons – better known as gun violence.
• 3% are accidental discharge deaths.
So technically, "gun violence" is not 30,000 annually, but drops to 5,100. Still too many? Now lets look at how those deaths spanned across the nation.
• 480 homicides (9.4%) were in Chicago
• 344 homicides (6.7%) were in Baltimore
• 333 homicides (6.5%) were in Detroit
• 119 homicides (2.3%) were in Washington D.C. (a 54% increase over prior years)
So basically, 25% of all gun crime happens in just 4 cities. All 4 of those cities have strict gun laws, so it is not the lack of law that is the root cause.
This basically leaves 3,825 for the entire rest of the nation, or about 75 deaths per state. That is an average because some States have much higher rates than others. For example, California had 1,169 and Alabama had 1.
Now, who has the strictest gun laws by far? California, of course, but understand, it is not guns causing this. It is a crime rate spawned by the number of criminal persons residing in those cities and states. So if all cities and states are not created equal, then there must be something other than the tool causing the gun deaths.
Are 5,100 deaths per year horrific? How about in comparison to other deaths? All death is sad and especially so when it is in the commission of a crime but that is the nature of crime. Robbery, death, rape, assault are all done by criminals. It is ludicrous to think that criminals will obey laws. That is why they are called criminals.
But what about other deaths each year?
• 40,000+ die from a drug overdose–THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR THAT!
• 36,000 people die per year from the flu, far exceeding the criminal gun deaths.
• 34,000 people die per year in traffic fatalities(exceeding gun deaths even if you include suicide).
Now it gets good:
• 200,000+ people die each year (and growing) from preventable medical errors. You are safer walking in the worst areas of Chicago than you are when you are in a hospital!
• 710,000 people die per year from heart disease. It’s time to stop the double cheeseburgers! So what is the point? If the liberal loons and the anti-gun movement focused their attention on heart disease, even a 10% decrease in cardiac deaths would save twice the number of lives annually of all gun-related deaths (including suicide, law enforcement, etc.). A 10% reduction in medical errors would be 66% of the total number of gun deaths or 4 times the number of criminal homicides ................ Simple, easily preventable 10% reductions! So you have to ask yourself, in the grand scheme of things, why the focus on guns? It's pretty simple:
Taking away guns gives control to governments. The founders of this nation knew that regardless of the form of government, those in power may become corrupt and seek to rule as the British did by trying to disarm the populace of the colonies. It is not difficult to understand that a disarmed populace is a controlled populace.
Thus, the second amendment was proudly and boldly included in the U.S. Constitution. It must be preserved at all costs. So the next time someone tries to tell you that gun control is about saving lives, look at these facts and remember these words from Noah Webster: "Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed."
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #121 on: May 18, 2018, 08:37:32 pm »
One of the most convincing studies of medication-induced violence was based on reports of violence to the FDA over a several year period.

And guess what they included in "violence"...

...ideation.

So if you thought you might want to kill someone, they counted it as a violent event.  Nearly half of the "violent events" came from "homicidal ideation reports".

Yes, there's probably some activation risk from some of these medications that make people able to function again...because "functioning" sometimes includes acting out violence.   But the immense good that they do for people far outweighs these events, just like with firearms.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline verga

« Reply #122 on: May 18, 2018, 08:52:03 pm »
@Frank Cannon   I was amazed also.  There were no barriers whatsoever at the main entrance to the school.

When I went to a reunion at my former high school (in Oak Cliff, Dallas) I was a little shocked to see a guard desk and metal detectors at the entrance.  This was several years ago.  It seems like this would be a simple enough thing to do.
And completely useless. Years ago teaching at a rural school in New York State right after Columbine it was suggested that we put metal detectors at our school. I told them that the students would have no trouble getting around them. I told my Gifted and Talented class there assignment was to come with as many ways as possible to by-pass the metal detectors. They came up with about 7 different methods each or which would work.
Please keep in mind that prisoners have very little trouble getting all sorts of contraband into prisons.   
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline verga

« Reply #123 on: May 18, 2018, 08:54:48 pm »
Certainly begs for questions. I couldn't walk into a 7/11 or anywhere really carrying a shotgun, a rifle, a pistol and ammo. So how did this guy walk into a school with all that gear? And not only did he enter the school, he made all the way to his classroom which means he was walking the hallways. Nobody saw anything unusual about this guy? Really? You can't fit a shotgun in a backpack.
Actually both pump and Semi-auto shotguns break down quite nicely and fit into any standard school bag.

Offline verga

« Reply #124 on: May 18, 2018, 08:59:59 pm »
Since every one of these basket case shooters is a pathological narcissist 'born to kill' perhaps a more muscular approach is required.

Personally, I think the law should adapt a take no prisoners approach - totally ventilate the gun toting twerp on the scene in every case and prosecute as an accessory any news outlet that mentions his name.

Not very likely, I know.
I would also start holding parents/ guardians responsible both criminally and civilly for lawsuits, damages etc...