Author Topic: Royal Happenings  (Read 332424 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Royal Happenings
« Reply #1375 on: October 11, 2020, 08:52:10 am »
@mystery-ak

What makes that congresscritter think HE has the right to get involved in British politics?

He's just grandstanding. He has about as much influence with the British Royal Family as I do,which is none at all.
He can express his personal concern all he wants, but to try to dictate to the royal family of another country how to handle their affairs?

Oh, I'd bet "We" are not amused.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #1376 on: October 11, 2020, 11:32:56 am »
The Queen published her Birthday Honours list today.

Normally it would be in June but it was pushed back because of Coronavirus.

I haven’t really looked at it, but Jeff Lynne from ELO got an OBE.

I’m happy about that. Always liked that band.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #1377 on: October 23, 2020, 03:59:07 pm »
Oh, the drama.
Harry 'desperately unhappy' in marriage to Meghan and 'hooked by a political activist:' royal expert
Author Hugo Vickers says the duke is ‘spouting all this rubbish which comes from’ the duchess
KNEWZ.COM|Charlotte Lee
UPDATED  yesterday

A royal biographer has come forward with sensational claims about Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s relationship, saying the Duke is “deeply unhappy” in his marriage to his political activist wife.

As The Sun reports, royal historian Hugo Vickers unleashed damning criticism of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex while speaking at the digital Raworths Harrogate Literature Festival this week.

“He, no doubt, thought he had found himself a very exotic and glamorous wife out of the norm. Actresses can be very beguiling,” Vickers said of the 36-year-old prince.

“Unfortunately, he finds himself now living in California, away from his family, friends, his work, and the Army, and all the things he had known.” ...
Rest of story
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1378 on: October 23, 2020, 04:05:00 pm »
Who didn't see this coming..I remember saying she would get her hooks into him by having a baby right off the bat...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1379 on: October 23, 2020, 04:32:15 pm »
Well,in one respect it wasn't his fault that he got "whupped". Even though he had no doubt bagged countless babes,he had never been exposed to a professional actress. I keep seeing jibs saying she was a "minor actress" but that signifies nothing but the roles she had been able to sign on to that helped her career,and Suits was the biggest one on her pedigree. Which itself was nothing to shake a stick at because they are a BIG hit and everybody on it were first rate actors and actresses. Including her.

So here comes Harry,looking to poke a bit of fun with this gorgeous actress,and she turned her entire focus on him in a (successful) effort to bag a senior royal and further her career. When it worked,she decided to make it a permanent thing because even though Hollywood is populated by self-styled "citizens of the wurld" who know more than the rest of us and who detest Royalty,deep down they WANT to be royalty.

No matter what happens with her marriage,her career is set now. She will eventually agree to work maybe one major film a year in the future,and have top billing,which she craves more than money.

Harry is now irrelevant. He can come or go. It makes no difference. Not even to him. He is toast in the Royal Family. He will be accepted back,but he will never be advanced as anything but a hanger-on from this point forward. Bad judgement does not go unnoted or unpunished.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1380 on: October 23, 2020, 05:28:31 pm »
Prince Philip, 99, has 'walked away' from Prince Harry and Meghan Markle after the 'great shock' of Megxit and his grandson's 'alien behaviour', royal expert claims

Prince Philip, 99,  has 'walked away' from the Duke and Duchess of Sussex
    Expert revealed Queen's husband was 'deeply upset and dismayed' over Megxit
    Ingrid Seward said Prince Harry's behaviour was 'completely alien' to the royal
    Revealed Philip initially 'liked' Meghan but Sussexes have now 'left a bad taste'
    Ingrid said the 99-year-old now compares the Duchess to Wallis Simpson 

By Harriet Johnston For Mailonline

Published: 02:56 EDT, 23 October 2020 | Updated: 09:48 EDT, 23 October 2020

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-8868809/Prince-Philips-relationship-Prince-Harry-not-recovered-royal-expert-claims.html
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #1381 on: October 23, 2020, 08:20:33 pm »
    Ingrid said the 99-year-old now compares the Duchess to Wallis Simpson
Wow. That's quite damning.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #1382 on: October 23, 2020, 08:45:10 pm »

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #1383 on: October 25, 2020, 05:40:10 pm »
Chilling find shows how Henry VIII planned every detail of Boleyn beheading

Archives discovery shows the calculated nature of the execution and reinforces the image of the king as a ‘pathological monster’

It is a Tudor warrant book, one of many in the National Archives, filled with bureaucratic minutiae relating to 16th-century crimes. But this one has an extraordinary passage, overlooked until now, which bears instructions from Henry VIII explaining precisely how he wanted his second wife, Anne Boleyn, to be executed.

In this document, the king stipulated that, although his queen had been “adjudged to death… by burning of fire… or decapitation”, he had been “moved by pity” to spare her the more painful death of being “burned by fire”. But he continued: “We, however, command that… the head of the same Anne shall be… cut off.”

Tracy Borman, a leading Tudor historian, described the warrant book as an astonishing discovery, reinforcing the image of Henry VIII as a “pathological monster”. She told the Observer: “As a previously unknown document about one of the most famous events in history, it really is golddust, one of the most exciting finds in recent years. What it shows is Henry’s premeditated, calculating manner. He knows exactly how and where he wants it to happen.” The instructions laid out by Henry are for Sir William Kingston, constable of the Tower, detailing how the king would rid himself of the “late queen of England, lately our wife, lately attainted and convicted of high treason”.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/oct/25/chilling-find-shows-how-henry-viii-planned-every-detail-of-boleyn-beheading
« Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 05:41:02 pm by Gefn »

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1384 on: October 25, 2020, 06:07:37 pm »
Chilling find shows how Henry VIII planned every detail of Boleyn beheading

Archives discovery shows the calculated nature of the execution and reinforces the image of the king as a ‘pathological monster’

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/oct/25/chilling-find-shows-how-henry-viii-planned-every-detail-of-boleyn-beheading

Devil's in the details.    :cool:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline berdie

« Reply #1385 on: October 26, 2020, 08:26:59 pm »
Well, at least he didn't knock Catherine of Aragon or a couple of the others off...so he's not a total monster.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1386 on: October 26, 2020, 08:36:13 pm »
Well, at least he didn't knock Catherine of Aragon or a couple of the others off...so he's not a total monster.

It's mind boggling to think how much power medieval kings had.....
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1387 on: October 27, 2020, 01:27:52 am »
It's mind boggling to think how much power medieval kings had.....

@catfish1957

Not even a tiny percentage of what the Premier of China has today.

Not to mention how much power he will have if Biden wins the election.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 01:29:34 am by sneakypete »

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1388 on: October 31, 2020, 05:07:20 pm »
NOoooooooooooooo!

Queen Elizabeth will pass throne to Charles next year: royal biographer

Queen Elizabeth will hand the throne to Prince Charles when she turns 95 next year, the royal biographer claims.

“I still firmly believe when the Queen becomes 95, that she will step down,” Robert Jobson told a program on True Royalty TV, the Daily Mail reported.

Newsweek royal reporter Jack Royston agreed: “I think she won’t want to, but realistically she will get to a point where she has handed over everything to Charles and then how do you look your son in the eye and tell him he is not going to be king?”

more
https://pagesix.com/2020/10/31/queen-elizabeth-will-reportedly-pass-throne-to-charles-next-year/?utm_source=twitter_sitebuttons&utm_medium=site%20buttons&utm_campaign=site%20buttons
Support the USO

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #1389 on: October 31, 2020, 05:10:07 pm »
NOoooooooooooooo!

Queen Elizabeth will pass throne to Charles next year: royal biographer

Queen Elizabeth will hand the throne to Prince Charles when she turns 95 next year, the royal biographer claims.

“I still firmly believe when the Queen becomes 95, that she will step down,” Robert Jobson told a program on True Royalty TV, the Daily Mail reported.

Newsweek royal reporter Jack Royston agreed: “I think she won’t want to, but realistically she will get to a point where she has handed over everything to Charles and then how do you look your son in the eye and tell him he is not going to be king?”

more
https://pagesix.com/2020/10/31/queen-elizabeth-will-reportedly-pass-throne-to-charles-next-year/?utm_source=twitter_sitebuttons&utm_medium=site%20buttons&utm_campaign=site%20buttons

Chuckie's a flaming enviro-whacko.  Watch for a Biden like announcment (via his PM) eliminating fossil fuels for the UK.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #1390 on: October 31, 2020, 05:45:09 pm »
I don’t think it will happen. Like Victoria, she’ll be on the the throne until she is gone,
« Last Edit: October 31, 2020, 05:46:17 pm by Gefn »

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #1391 on: October 31, 2020, 06:06:14 pm »
Chuckie's a flaming enviro-whacko.  Watch for a Biden like announcment (via his PM) eliminating fossil fuels for the UK.
He wouldn't actually have any authority, would he?

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1392 on: October 31, 2020, 06:09:38 pm »
 22222frying pan

He's just a figurehead, he doesn't make policy thank goodness.
Support the USO

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #1393 on: October 31, 2020, 06:59:27 pm »

Not directly, but if you can believe how "The Crown" is characterized, the Regal can in the least influence policy.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #1394 on: October 31, 2020, 09:06:13 pm »
Prince Charles calls for a ‘Marshall-like plan’ for the planet
Published Tue, Sep 22 20208:25 AM EDT
Anmar Frangoul
CNBC
Prince Charles has called for a “Marshall-like plan for nature, people and planet,” adding his voice to the intensifying debate surrounding climate change and its effects on the planet.

Speaking Monday on the opening day of Climate Week NYC, the heir apparent to the British throne said: “The borderless climate, biodiversity and health crises are all symptoms of a planet that has been pushed beyond its planetary boundaries.”

“Without swift and immediate action, at an unprecedented pace and scale, we will miss the window of opportunity to reset for a green-blue recovery and a more sustainable and inclusive future,” he added, in a speech which was broadcast online. ...

Proof "climatism" is just Marxism: Klaus Schwab: A Better Economy Is Possible. But We Need to Reimagine Capitalism to Do It, from TIME magazine. Schwab is the founder and executive chairman of the World Economic Forum.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2020, 09:09:00 pm by mountaineer »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1395 on: October 31, 2020, 11:22:56 pm »

@catfish1957

To be followed by riots in the streets as all the lights go off and the busses quit running.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1396 on: October 31, 2020, 11:25:01 pm »
Not directly, but if you can believe how "The Crown" is characterized, the Regal can in the least influence policy.

@catfish1957

Only when he wants the same things done that Parliament wants done. They do accept "atta boys!" from Windsor Castle.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1397 on: November 01, 2020, 10:36:36 am »
Prince Charles calls for a ‘Marshall-like plan’ for the planet
Published Tue, Sep 22 20208:25 AM EDT
Anmar Frangoul
CNBC

Proof "climatism" is just Marxism: Klaus Schwab: A Better Economy Is Possible. But We Need to Reimagine Capitalism to Do It, from TIME magazine. Schwab is the founder and executive chairman of the World Economic Forum.
Quick!!! Hurry!!! Seize total power before the rubes find out what we have in store for them and put our heads on pikes!

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1398 on: November 01, 2020, 10:38:00 am »
@catfish1957

To be followed by riots in the streets as all the lights go off and the busses quit running.
Hmmm. Trains NOT run on time? :pondering:

C S Lewis

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #1399 on: November 01, 2020, 04:17:49 pm »
Somehow I think Queen Elizabeth has gotten longevity genes from her mother and William will succeed her.