Author Topic: Royal Happenings  (Read 330198 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Royal Happenings
« Reply #925 on: September 25, 2019, 05:38:40 pm »
Baby Archie makes rare public appearance in South Africa

By The Associated Press

Posted Sep 25 2019 10:15AM EDT

Updated Sep 25 2019 10:19AM EDT

CAPE TOWN, South Africa (AP) - Baby Archie made a rare public appearance on Wednesday as his parents, Prince Harry and Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex, continued their first official tour as a family in South Africa.

Meghan held Archie as the royal couple met with Nobel Peace Prize winner and Archbishop Desmond Tutu in Cape Town.

The youngest member of Britain's royal family had been out of the spotlight since his christening in July. Archie, born in May, is the first child of Prince Harry and the former Meghan Markle and seventh in line to the British throne.

more
http://www.fox5atlanta.com/national-news/baby-archie-makes-rare-public-appearance-in-south-africa-1
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #926 on: September 25, 2019, 05:41:49 pm »
Archie meets the Archbishop! Meghan Markle and Prince Harry take son to tea with veteran anti-apartheid campaigner Desmond Tutu whose daughter jokes: 'He's going to be a ladies' man!'

many more photos here
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7502237/Meghan-Markle-Prince-Harry-tea-Archbishop-Desmond-Tutu.html
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #927 on: September 25, 2019, 08:32:52 pm »
Adorable child.  He's got a lot of his grandpa in him ….

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #928 on: September 27, 2019, 02:52:47 pm »
CBS News September 27, 2019, 9:17 AM
Prince Harry walks across Angolan minefield to reconnect with Princes Diana's legacy

It's day six of the Duke of Sussex' royal tour of Africa with his wife Meghan and baby Archie. But Friday morning, Harry returned to Angola alone to reconnect with the legacy of his late mother, Princess Diana.

Diana's legacy was brought full circle when Harry donned the distinctive blue body armor of the HALO Trust. Twenty-two years ago, Diana took a similar path across an Angolan field scattered with deadly landmines, left over from years of civil war. It became one of the most iconic images of her short life.

Wearing protective body armor and a visor, Diana, Princess of Wales, visits a minefield being cleared by the charity Halo in Huambo, Angola, January 15, 1997. Tim Graham Picture Library/Getty Images

She was campaigning to rid the world of this weapon of war, but never lived to see her success, dying just months before an international treaty banned landmines in December 1997

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/prince-harry-walks-across-angola-minefield-to-reconnect-with-princes-diana-legacy/

Quite a few stories on this today.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #929 on: September 27, 2019, 03:23:59 pm »
ANYBODY that honestly believes there were ANY landmines within a quarter mile of where she,or he went walking still believes in Santa and the Easter Bunny.

People talk about "bad PR",so just imagine the bad PR any nation would get that let Diana or her offsprung get blown up by a land mine.

I have no doubt that both he and she thought there were mines there,but there is not one chance in hell there were.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online mountaineer

« Reply #930 on: October 01, 2019, 11:37:58 pm »
Geez, these two are a royal pain in the arse.
Meghan sues Mail on Sunday over private letter
    59 minutes ago

The Duchess of Sussex has begun legal action against the Mail on Sunday over a claim that it unlawfully published one of her private letters.

In a statement, the Duke of Sussex said he and Meghan were forced to take action against "relentless propaganda".

Prince Harry said: "I lost my mother and now I watch my wife falling victim to the same powerful forces." [What? That was over 20 years ago. Man up.]  ...

He accused the paper of misleading readers when it published the private letter, by strategically omitting paragraphs, sentences and specific words "to mask the lies they had perpetrated for over a year".

"Put simply, it is bullying, which scares and silences people. We all know this isn't acceptable, at any level," he said.  ...
The BBC story doesn't indicate what the letter said.

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

« Reply #931 on: October 04, 2019, 12:33:41 am »
Princess Beatrice, 31, is engaged to Edo Mapelli Mozzi, 36, an Italian property designer.  They will wed next year.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #932 on: October 04, 2019, 12:37:24 am »
What the hell is a property designer? Is that a fancy way of saying he is a landscaper or gardener?

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess he has never worked a day in his life.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2019, 12:38:16 am by sneakypete »

« Reply #933 on: October 04, 2019, 12:38:03 am »
The good news is Fergie's got some time to pull it together.  I'm thinking she starts with a vat of Oil of Olay and  moves on to a stylist from there.   333cleo

« Reply #934 on: October 04, 2019, 12:39:32 am »
What the hell is a property designer? Is that a fancy way of saying he is a landscaper or gardener?

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess he has never worked a day in his life.

LOL!  I think you may be right on both points @sneakypete    88devil

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #935 on: October 04, 2019, 09:22:34 pm »
I thought perhaps that he was an interior decorator so I googled "property designer" and got this:  "A property designer or prop designer is a person who designs props for use in theatre, film, television, etc."

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #936 on: October 04, 2019, 11:15:30 pm »
I thought perhaps that he was an interior decorator so I googled "property designer" and got this:  "A property designer or prop designer is a person who designs props for use in theatre, film, television, etc."

@LadyLiberty

Thanks! I had never heard of such a thing,but I am sure he will be able to go anywhere in the world and be able to get a job doing that. Must be a LOT of demand for people who can make a table look like a table,or a sofa look like a sofa.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #937 on: October 15, 2019, 04:46:34 pm »
Cspan had this on, one could watch the whole speech, they are re-airing it now. Some press after seems to say the Queen sided with the Tories, so the conservatives.... I'm just posting this as an update, maybe the title should reflect "Royal Happenings, UK Happenings, Brexit" or something but no, you Royal lovers, I'll leave it to you.  Adding more in would be clutter.
Queen's Speech: All the pomp, but very bizarre circumstances

Laura Kuenssberg Political editor @bbclaurak on Twitter

14 October 2019

There was all of the usual pomp, but today took place in very bizarre circumstances indeed.

Traditionally, of course, the Queen's Speech is an enormously significant political day - the occasion when a government reveals its intentions to the world, the promises it will actually try to keep, rather than the ones it made to anyone who was listening during an election campaign.

This time, the Queen's Speech might have almost no meaning at all unless the prime minister can keep the one big promise that he made months ago: to take us out of the European Union by the end of this month.

Article: https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-50044871

Well, I listened to the speech, it didn't have much controversy for me, pretty standard.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #938 on: October 15, 2019, 05:00:33 pm »
Boy Prince Charles looks old. G-d save the Queen.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

« Reply #939 on: October 19, 2019, 07:10:27 pm »
Here's a nice change of pace  happy77

Outfits Kate Middleton Wore on Royal Tour of Pakistan
The Duchess's overseas wardrobe was on point.
Town & Country, Oct 2019

More at link:  https://www.townandcountrymag.com/society/tradition/g29477024/kate-middleton-royal-tour-pakistan-outfit-style-photos/

« Last Edit: October 19, 2019, 07:12:19 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

« Reply #940 on: October 19, 2019, 07:23:31 pm »

« Reply #941 on: October 19, 2019, 07:29:26 pm »

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #942 on: October 19, 2019, 07:36:10 pm »
Lovely pictures but I don’t understand how to play 🏏 cricket

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #943 on: October 19, 2019, 10:44:45 pm »
Here's a nice change of pace  happy77

Outfits Kate Middleton Wore on Royal Tour of Pakistan
The Duchess's overseas wardrobe was on point.
Town & Country, Oct 2019

More at link:  https://www.townandcountrymag.com/society/tradition/g29477024/kate-middleton-royal-tour-pakistan-outfit-style-photos/

There is an old axiom that states "When in Shitstainistan.........."

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #944 on: October 19, 2019, 11:06:47 pm »
Kate will make a beautiful Queen..
Support the USO

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #945 on: October 19, 2019, 11:56:53 pm »

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #946 on: October 20, 2019, 12:01:21 am »
Kate will make a beautiful Queen..

@mystery-ak

Big deal. I remember people saying the same thing about Elton John.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #947 on: October 20, 2019, 12:33:45 am »
@mystery-ak

Big deal. I remember people saying the same thing about Elton John.

:silly:
Support the USO

Offline TomSea

« Reply #948 on: October 31, 2019, 12:00:53 pm »
Royal Visit: Britain's Prince William And Kate Tour Pakistan

Pakistani Prime Minister Imran Khan (left) with Britain's Catherine, duchess of Cambridge, and Prince William, duke of Cambridge, in Islamabad on October 15.

https://www.rferl.org/a/royal-visit-to-pakistan-by-catherine-and-prince-william/30221433.html

So, I'll just leave that little bit of the article, one can see more for themselves... also, the Pakistan leader?? He was a Cricket legend, that's big over there, India and indeed, Afghanistan.  Imran Khan. He certainly is very light complected. The Pakistanis I've known, are usually much more darker. Khan almost looks like he could pass as a European in at least that picture.

Last week, I saw a list of the 10 most dangerous countries, I'll have to look it up because I forget most of them but India was in the top 10, Pakistan and Mexico, were not. It just made me think some. Of course, those lists are of limited use. Maybe the countries are still very close statistically. We have obesity in the US and states with more obesity but when you get down to the stats, many of the States are very close.

Lots and lots more pictures at link.   Looking at the pictures, it almost looks like her skin is real dry, I'm not real sure what I'm trying to say, sometimes, the skin can be very sensitive. She almost looks a bit blotchy in that last picture, see her hands. No matter, I'm not trying to pick criticisms. She seems fine to me and it could be elevation and climate and perhaps, they have been on this tour for quite a bit of time.  They went into the mountains, maybe that's it.

Next stop, India? Maybe.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 12:10:41 pm by TomSea »

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #949 on: October 31, 2019, 01:55:42 pm »

Last week, I saw a list of the 10 most dangerous countries, I'll have to look it up because I forget most of them but India was in the top 10, Pakistan and Mexico, were not. It just made me think some.

@TomSea

I have to admit that is a surprise to me. Is the danger considered to be widespread,or mostly in isolated Muslim areas?