Author Topic: Royal Happenings  (Read 327218 times)

Offline dfwgator

Re: Royal Happenings
« Reply #825 on: May 08, 2019, 06:28:27 pm »
Someone mentioned that they will be moving to Africa. 

Will they bless the rains?

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #826 on: May 08, 2019, 07:07:57 pm »
Something to consider: The baby is half American and could run for President.

Only if he is articulate, and clean.

BTW His Mom is pretty.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline libertybele

« Reply #827 on: May 08, 2019, 11:40:51 pm »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #828 on: May 09, 2019, 10:53:43 am »
I don’t think he can be made a prince, I know that Andrew’s and Edward’s children have the title Lord and Lady. I think Anne’s children have the same titles even though Anne removed them from any claims to succession

At one time I could recite  Burke’s Peerage but alas, I can’t do that anymore

@Freya

Holy cow!
I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #829 on: May 09, 2019, 10:56:56 am »
Baby Sussex will be known as Master Archie! Harry and Meghan name their new son Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor as they take him to meet the Queen (but he won't have a royal title)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7006803/Prince-Harry-Meghan-reveal-newborn-son-called-Archie.html

I was afraid it would be bad but I didn’t think it would be this bad.  My God
I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #830 on: May 09, 2019, 11:16:03 am »
She wrote a very good bio of every King and Queen since Edward the Confessor and  William the Conquerer to the present Queen. It’s readable and fascinating and a great book to have as a guide. I also have her books on Charles II, Cromwell, The Warrior Queens. Her most famous book is The Weaker Vessel

Here’s her bio she lead a very interesting life

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antonia_Fraser

Definitely.  Have you read The Weaker Vessel?

Wow, the Marie Antoinette movie with Kirsten Dunst was based on her work.  I love that movie.  It’s absolutely gorgeous.

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #831 on: May 09, 2019, 11:18:25 am »
Someone mentioned that they will be moving to Africa.  Good for them. Baby won't have a royal name anyways and Harry is far down the line with little chance of ever being seated. 

Enough of them already.

I much prefer hearing about William and Kate.

Kate’s my favorite, after Elizabeth. 

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #832 on: May 10, 2019, 01:16:10 am »
How 'image conscious' Meghan puts her own mark on photos by releasing them in 'flattering' black and white for big events - including the carefully 'thought out' first snaps of Archie
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-7009943/How-Meghans-mark-royal-photos-releasing-black-white.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #833 on: May 10, 2019, 01:17:42 am »
Meghan and Harry named their son Archie after her pet CAT who ended up fat after she fed him frozen grapes, friends say

Meghan is believed to have taken inspiration for her son's name from her pet cat
    The moniker appears to be a reference to her beloved cat named Archie
    Her mother Doria Ragland, 62, rescued that cat who became an important
    The cat is believed to have died while Megan was away at college in Chicago

By Alisha Buaya For Mailonline

Published: 20:20 EDT, 9 May 2019 | Updated: 20:28 EDT, 9 May 2019
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7012979/Meghan-Harry-named-son-Archie-pet-CAT.html
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #834 on: May 10, 2019, 01:34:19 am »
How 'image conscious' Meghan puts her own mark on photos by releasing them in 'flattering' black and white for big events - including the carefully 'thought out' first snaps of Archie
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-7009943/How-Meghans-mark-royal-photos-releasing-black-white.html

@mystery-ak

What's she going to do when she gets to Africa and starts getting a tan?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #835 on: May 10, 2019, 01:50:04 am »
@mystery-ak

What's she going to do when she gets to Africa and starts getting a tan?

I don't think Africa is a done deal yet
Support the USO

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #836 on: May 10, 2019, 02:31:46 am »
Meghan and Harry named their son Archie after her pet CAT who ended up fat after she fed him frozen grapes, friends say

Meghan is believed to have taken inspiration for her son's name from her pet cat
    The moniker appears to be a reference to her beloved cat named Archie
    Her mother Doria Ragland, 62, rescued that cat who became an important
    The cat is believed to have died while Megan was away at college in Chicago

By Alisha Buaya For Mailonline

Published: 20:20 EDT, 9 May 2019 | Updated: 20:28 EDT, 9 May 2019
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7012979/Meghan-Harry-named-son-Archie-pet-CAT.html

WTF??

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #837 on: May 10, 2019, 03:01:36 am »
I don't think Africa is a done deal yet

@mystery-ak

I honestly don't believe it ever was anything more than a image booster. She is a professional actress,and she lusts after public recognition,big lights,big excitement,wearing expensive dresses and jewelry,and mentions on tv and in gossip sheets.

None of which are available in Africa.

And given her skill as an actress and the attention she now has worldwide from marrying into British Royalty,you just KNOW some Hollywood big-shot direction is going to be offering her a starring role in a new movie.

She may be in a position now where she doesn't give a damn about the money,but there is no way in hell she is going to give up the attention something like that would bring.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #838 on: May 10, 2019, 01:34:45 pm »
@mystery-ak

I honestly don't believe it ever was anything more than a image booster. She is a professional actress,and she lusts after public recognition,big lights,big excitement,wearing expensive dresses and jewelry,and mentions on tv and in gossip sheets.

None of which are available in Africa.

And given her skill as an actress and the attention she now has worldwide from marrying into British Royalty,you just KNOW some Hollywood big-shot direction is going to be offering her a starring role in a new movie.

She may be in a position now where she doesn't give a damn about the money,but there is no way in hell she is going to give up the attention something like that would bring.

pointing-up ....word
Support the USO

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #839 on: May 11, 2019, 11:42:21 am »
If Megan named  baby after a cat, she’s even cooler than she was in my eyes.

Hurray for baby Archie!
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline libertybele

« Reply #840 on: May 13, 2019, 10:50:42 pm »
If Megan named  baby after a cat, she’s even cooler than she was in my eyes.

Hurray for baby Archie!

Naming your first born after a cat?? Seriously, that's just plain strange.  Can you imagine the poor kid throughout life ... "oh, and who are you named after"?  A 'royal' named after a cat.    I bet the Queen is so pleased with her!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #841 on: May 14, 2019, 01:43:21 am »
Naming your first born after a cat?? Seriously, that's just plain strange.  Can you imagine the poor kid throughout life ... "oh, and who are you named after"?  A 'royal' named after a cat.    I bet the Queen is so pleased with her!

I'm about ready for Elizabeth to step in and take over this trainwreck.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #842 on: May 14, 2019, 12:56:29 pm »
Will they bless the rains?

Now I got that song in my head. And it’s it is one of my two ringtones. Three if you count the one for my moms. “Urgent”
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #843 on: May 17, 2019, 05:26:37 pm »
Son of the Princess of the United Kingdom! Baby Archie's birth certificate confirms that he was born at private Portland Hospital after overdue Meghan's home birth dream was dashed

Birth certificate for Harry and Meghan's baby Archie was revealed today more than a week after he was born
    Meghan titled 'Rachel Meghan Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Sussex' when document was registered
    She listed her occupation as 'Princess of the United Kingdom' on certificate, the same as Kate for her children
    It confirmed place of birth as private Portland Hospital in London - despite Meghan's wishes for a home birth
    The former Suits actress had wanted the couple's baby to be born at home at Frogmore Cottage in Windsor
    Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor is now the seventh in line to the throne after being born on May 6

By Mark Duell for MailOnline

Published: 10:10 EDT, 17 May 2019 | Updated: 13:14 EDT, 17 May 2019

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7041487/Archies-birth-certificate-reveals-Meghan-gave-birth-Portland.html
Support the USO

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #844 on: May 28, 2019, 05:56:21 pm »
Thought I would add this fictional piece to this thread since it's about the aristocracy.  I'm really looking forward to seeing it!   
Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #845 on: May 30, 2019, 07:33:58 pm »
Thought I would add this fictional piece to this thread since it's about the aristocracy.  I'm really looking forward to seeing it!   
Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Same here! 
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #846 on: June 08, 2019, 05:23:11 pm »
Watch live: Celebrations to mark Queen Elizabeth II's official birthday

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

They just went inside from the balcony, I hope I didn't miss the whole thing but one may rewind the video.

Short clip actually, not sure if much pomp and ceremony was missed.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2019, 05:39:07 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #847 on: June 08, 2019, 06:03:57 pm »
Trooping the Colour parade marks Queen's official birthday

Many more pictures at the BBC.

The Sun and I'm sure the whole British media have a lot more coverage

DOUBLE DUCH

Kate Middleton was ‘tense’ during carriage ride with ‘relaxed’ Meghan Markle

ACCORDING to a body language expert, Kate’s posture showed a lack of 'relaxation', next to beaming Meghan who did her first appearance since giving birth to Archie. Although the royals were all smiles, Judi James says that the group appearance seemed less than natural, in the wake of rumours of a rift between the Fab Four.
Fabulous

https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/9251078/kate-middleton-tense-carriage-ride-meghan-markle-trooping-the-colour/

« Last Edit: June 08, 2019, 06:14:36 pm by TomSea »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #848 on: June 08, 2019, 06:14:25 pm »

<Click on image to embiggen>
« Last Edit: June 08, 2019, 07:15:52 pm by Mod2 »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #849 on: June 08, 2019, 06:19:14 pm »