Author Topic: Royal Happenings  (Read 330517 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Re: Royal Happenings
« Reply #800 on: May 06, 2019, 08:31:42 pm »
Good news.  The Queen is putting Missy Markle in her place and rightfully so.  She is a duchess and will always be a duchess and she needs to learn her place in the royal family; otherwise she is creating dissension into the family and tarnishing their image.

LOL... there are first world problems, there are 'privilege problems' and then there is this level that is out of the stratosphere of those.

The senior source added: “The Queen likes Meghan personally but this is about the hierarchy. She is showing that maintaining the correct order and precedence within the family is important. Even if Meghan is the most popular woman in the world, she is of a lower rank than Kate.”
The Duchess was stopped from wearing an emerald tiara at her nuptials last May, leading hubby Harry to explode: “What Meghan wants, Meghan gets.”
She eventually wore a diamond and platinum headpiece chosen by the Queen. Sources at the time said Meghan “can be difficult” and has “high standards” because she is “used to working in a Hollywood environment.”

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #801 on: May 06, 2019, 09:15:53 pm »
LOL... there are first world problems, there are 'privilege problems' and then there is this level that is out of the stratosphere of those.

@ABX

The Royal Family is a PR company that is the "official face and tourist attraction" of England. If she thinks she is going to come in on an operation that has been going on for more than a century and take over because she has tits and gall,she is going to be sadly surprised. They have standards to maintain in order to maintain their influence,and they WILL enforce them if it means giving her and Harry the boot.

Right now she is the perfect match for the family that has business interests and historical ties in many countries with black populations. If she plays her cards right,she will have it all. If she gets too pushy,she will find herself on the sidelines wondering what happened.

And let's face it,she was,at BEST,a second string star on tv programs. Most people had no idea who she was before her marriage because they had never seen or heard of her before. Yeah,she is pretty and talented,but the entertainment business is LOADED with women who are pretty and talented,and most of them are not in their mid-30's and fading.

She needs to count her lucky stars and get with the program while she is still allowed to read the scripts.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #802 on: May 06, 2019, 11:20:07 pm »
Revealed: Overdue Meghan's home birth dream was dashed as she was secretly whisked to a London hospital on Sunday by Harry and his Scotland Yard security team before their 'to die for' baby boy was born at 5.26am
Daily Mail/UK, May 6, 2019

Meghan's hopes of a home birth were dashed when she was taken to hospital on Sunday by Harry and their Scotland Yard security team.

The Mail understands that the Duchess of Sussex – who was a week overdue – was whisked off amid such secrecy that even senior royals weren't told.

It is understood she was taken to a London hospital – most likely the Portland – where even a 'basic' delivery costs upwards of £15,000. Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie were delivered there.

It is not known whether Meghan, 37, was induced but sources say she remained there overnight before her baby was born at 5.26am on Monday morning, with an elated Prince Harry at her side.

Buckingham Palace declined to comment but sources confirmed to the Mail that a hospital delivery had taken place.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6999067/Harry-Meghans-Scotland-Yard-security-team-took-private-hospital-birth.html

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #803 on: May 07, 2019, 12:53:14 am »
@Freya
@QueenCatofAragon
@mystery-ak
@OTHERS

I don't come to your Royal Happenings thread, but this time I am.  Megan is black.  I took "Heredity" at my university.  The black gene is prominent including their hair. I am wondering what this baby will look like.  Although appearance shouldn't matter, the reality is, it will.

Now, I am going to make all of you envious.  When son, Wayne, and to be wife, Amy, who is Welch, came here for Christmas they gave me a gift.  On Christmas day, here is what was in the large package. (Get ready to want it):

A large white tray with handle at each end; in the middle was the official picture of Prince Harry and Meghan. The official picture on anything has this above their picture: "To Commemorate the Royal Wedding of (then across the bottom: "H.R.H. Prince Harry & Meghan Markle".  Under that is "19th May 2018".

There was also the official porcelain plate with their official picture on it inscribed as above.  There were four coasters, each with the official picture and inscription. 

I can tell you right now, when the baby commemorative cup comes out, they will get one for me.

My townhouse is a museum of countries around the world.  The greatest amount of history I have is the English since I have been there so many times.  I have the official plates/cups/tea sets, and from English Queens going back to Queen Victoria, who was the best Queen of all.  Besides cups/plate/tea set from her reign back to the 1800s (see below for her reign), I have her original signature on a document, a large copy of a painting of her family, also one of her, and have a book she wrote.  She was Queen when England was growing at a fast rate, and she kept control of building and the style the builders used, she was a working queen and a good mother instead of just a figure.

I don't have anything pertaining to the  present Queen, because I don't like her.  I followed, through Wayne, and when I was there numerous times, the stuff she did against Diana. 

Reign of Queen Victoria:
Queen Victoria ascended to the throne on June 20, 1837, and stayed there until her death on January 22, 1901. Officially, Queen Victoria reigned for 63 years, seven months, and two days. By September 23, 1896, she had surpassed King George III as the longest reigning monarch in the history of England and Scotland.

Queen Victoria and her first cousin Prince Albert, who married on February 10, 1840, had nine children. The marriage of the children of Queen Victoria and Prince Albert into other royal families, and the likelihood that some of her children bore a mutant gene for hemophilia affected European history.

@Victoria33

Now this is the kind of post I come here for, lol.  Just today I finished this book:

Victoria figured prominently in the early part of the book.  Think about it, she took the throne in 1837---36 years after the death of George Washington.  Her grandfather was George III, king of England during the Revolution.  She was an amazing woman, and so was Queen Mary.

The next to last book I read was:

My heritage is mostly British, I'm an Anglophile, and I love reading about English history, including the monarchy, going all the way back to Egbert of Wessex.  If I ever visit you, you should hide your official merchandise, and hide it well.

I do love Queen Elizabeth, and--though I'm in the minority--I'm not much of a Diana fan.  Don't kill me.

I know you know that the murdered Russian czar, Nicholas, was related to the English royal family, and that he had a son with hemophilia.

I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #804 on: May 07, 2019, 12:54:38 am »
I don't know if any of you heard this recently - a few weeks ago.  Harry and Meghan are moving to Africa to live.  They will be away from the opinions of others, raising their child, and Harry has some connection with Africa.

@Victoria33

Yep, he established a charity for kids in Africa; he's spent a lot of time there. 
I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #805 on: May 07, 2019, 12:55:33 am »
He looks just as giddy as a new father should.  Very sweet.

@Polly Ticks

Very.  Seems like he's always been good with kids.  I'm glad he has one of his own now.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #806 on: May 07, 2019, 02:12:04 am »
@QueenCatofAragon

You said, "My heritage is mostly British, I'm an Anglophile, and I love reading about English history, including the monarchy, going all the way back to Egbert of Wessex.  If I ever visit you, you should hide your official merchandise, and hide it well."

I was thinking of you and Freya when I wrote that - I knew you particularly would be super duper envious.  You know I love you - 44444heart I would so like for you to see/handle all the numerous English Queens' porcelain pieces/tea sets, plates made on their anniversary dates of being a queen back to the 1800s and the original documents, books I have.   

A glass company, Westmoreland, came to this country in the early years, to make glassware for the people here and they brought with them a mold of Queen Victoria's hands.  They used white porcelain and made the hands of Queen Victoria in a cupped position.  Her hands were very small.  There is a reverence when looking at Queen Victoria's hands. These dishes were used in a household near the front door for people to put their cards in when they came to visit.  I have one of these dishes, I would love for you to see it and handle it.

I'll do this.  I'll make a list for my son to send you certain pieces, including the hands, when I am no longer here. The hands would be safe with you.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #807 on: May 08, 2019, 10:45:21 am »
@QueenCatofAragon

Is that Queen Mary the one who was a kleptomaniac and has the awesome dolls house at Windsor Castle?

She was also engaged to be married to Queen Victoria’s grandson who is one of the candidates to possibly be Jack The Ripper. He died and she married the other grandson.

She also has a ship docked in Southern California docked and turned into a hotel and restaurant named after her.

I just added that book to my reading list. I’ve read everything by Lady Frazier and Alison Weir.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #808 on: May 08, 2019, 10:47:58 am »
Baby alert

Some time this morning, the parents will present the baby to the public and announce the name they chose for him. According to Sky News.

Anyone have any names in mind? I don’t have a clue except it won’t be Richard.

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #809 on: May 08, 2019, 11:21:34 am »
@QueenCatofAragon

You said, "My heritage is mostly British, I'm an Anglophile, and I love reading about English history, including the monarchy, going all the way back to Egbert of Wessex.  If I ever visit you, you should hide your official merchandise, and hide it well."

I was thinking of you and Freya when I wrote that - I knew you particularly would be super duper envious.  You know I love you - 44444heart I would so like for you to see/handle all the numerous English Queens' porcelain pieces/tea sets, plates made on their anniversary dates of being a queen back to the 1800s and the original documents, books I have.   

A glass company, Westmoreland, came to this country in the early years, to make glassware for the people here and they brought with them a mold of Queen Victoria's hands.  They used white porcelain and made the hands of Queen Victoria in a cupped position.  Her hands were very small.  There is a reverence when looking at Queen Victoria's hands. These dishes were used in a household near the front door for people to put their cards in when they came to visit.  I have one of these dishes, I would love for you to see it and handle it.

I'll do this.  I'll make a list for my son to send you certain pieces, including the hands, when I am no longer here. The hands would be safe with you.

@Victoria33

Oh, my Lord, listen—you know I love you, too, but I don’t want you feeling that you have to send me your precious things!  The hands sound amazing.  Victoria was a very petite woman.

It just struck me—is she your namesake (TBR name)?

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #810 on: May 08, 2019, 11:43:51 am »

Lots of photos of the new baby here

https://news.sky.com/story/royal-baby-harry-and-meghan-reveal-son-to-the-world-11714444

He’s adorable but most babies are.

No name yet.

@QueenCatofAragon @Victoria33
@Right_in_Virginia
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 11:45:14 am by Freya »

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #811 on: May 08, 2019, 11:56:02 am »
@QueenCatofAragon

Is that Queen Mary the one who was a kleptomaniac and has the awesome dolls house at Windsor Castle?

She was also engaged to be married to Queen Victoria’s grandson who is one of the candidates to possibly be Jack The Ripper. He died and she married the other grandson.

She also has a ship docked in Southern California docked and turned into a hotel and restaurant named after her.

I just added that book to my reading list. I’ve read everything by Lady Frazier and Alison Weir.

@Freya

Yes, that’s her!  Elizabeth’s grandmother.  Her dollhouse is incredible.  The little cars have tiny gasoline engines that work, and the tiny bottles in the wine cellar contained real wine. 

That first grandson, the one who died, was weird.  RIP, but once Mary got to know him, she was apprehensive about the marriage.  She and George V were a much better match.

According to this book, the kleptomaniac thing was a misconception or possibly started by resentful shopkeepers who hid valuable items if they knew she was coming.  She was very much into cataloguing and organizing the treasures in the royal storehouses, to the point that many furnishings at Windsor castle and Buckingham Palace have labels on the back, in her handwriting, with information about each piece.  If she saw an item in an antique shop which she believed was originally part of the royal collection, she would ask that it be returned, lol.

I’ve read several Alison Weir books, but it’s been a while and I’ll bet she’s written more since then.  I should check.  Who’s Lady Frazier?  You recommend?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #812 on: May 08, 2019, 11:58:04 am »

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #813 on: May 08, 2019, 11:58:38 am »
Baby alert

Some time this morning, the parents will present the baby to the public and announce the name they chose for him. According to Sky News.

Anyone have any names in mind? I don’t have a clue except it won’t be Richard.

@Freya

I didn’t have a preference, but a lot of people on Twitter are saying “any name except Philip” because of his past un-PC remarks.  So I’m hoping it will be Philip.

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #814 on: May 08, 2019, 12:03:56 pm »

Lots of photos of the new baby here

https://news.sky.com/story/royal-baby-harry-and-meghan-reveal-son-to-the-world-11714444

He’s adorable but most babies are.

No name yet.

@QueenCatofAragon @Victoria33
@Right_in_Virginia

Yep, he’s adorable, all right.  Mom and Dad look very happy.

Now watch, even though it wouldn’t be traditional for him to be a prince, people will be calling for the queen to make him one, anyway.  And for one reason.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #815 on: May 08, 2019, 12:05:43 pm »
Yep, he’s adorable, all right.  Mom and Dad look very happy.

Now watch, even though it wouldn’t be traditional for him to be a prince, people will be calling for the queen to make him one, anyway.  And for one reason.

I don’t think he can be made a prince, I know that Andrew’s and Edward’s children have the title Lord and Lady. I think Anne’s children have the same titles even though Anne removed them from any claims to succession

At one time I could recite  Burke’s Peerage but alas, I can’t do that anymore
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 12:08:36 pm by Freya »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #816 on: May 08, 2019, 12:52:45 pm »
@ABX

The Royal Family is a PR company that is the "official face and tourist attraction" of England. If she thinks she is going to come in on an operation that has been going on for more than a century and take over because she has tits and gall,she is going to be sadly surprised. They have standards to maintain in order to maintain their influence,and they WILL enforce them if it means giving her and Harry the boot.

Right now she is the perfect match for the family that has business interests and historical ties in many countries with black populations. If she plays her cards right,she will have it all. If she gets too pushy,she will find herself on the sidelines wondering what happened.

And let's face it,she was,at BEST,a second string star on tv programs. Most people had no idea who she was before her marriage because they had never seen or heard of her before. Yeah,she is pretty and talented,but the entertainment business is LOADED with women who are pretty and talented,and most of them are not in their mid-30's and fading.

She needs to count her lucky stars and get with the program while she is still allowed to read the scripts.

Pretty and talented?  I don't think she is all that pretty and her talents are likely those displayed to Harry.  She landed herself a prince and she is black which has sent some shockwaves through the royal family.  She shouldn't expect additional privileges because of color and that is exactly what she is trying to do.  That was evident at her 'royal' wedding.

Nope don't like the broad.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #817 on: May 08, 2019, 12:55:22 pm »
Something to consider: The baby is half American and could run for President.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #819 on: May 08, 2019, 02:29:09 pm »
@Freya
@QueenCatofAragon
@mystery-ak
@OTHERS

I don't come to your Royal Happenings thread, but this time I am.  Megan is black.   

@Victoria33

Not really. Her father is white,and her mother has white blood,also.  She is probably 1/4 black and 3/4 white.

Not that it makes any difference to the Royal Family. If anything,it makes them happy because a lot of their subjects are black,and the new baby being partially black will help their subjects identify with them. It's good for business as well as public relations.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #820 on: May 08, 2019, 03:12:43 pm »
@Victoria33
Oh, my Lord, listen—you know I love you, too, but I don’t want you feeling that you have to send me your precious things!  The hands sound amazing.  Victoria was a very petite woman.
It just struck me—is she your namesake (TBR name)?
@QueenCatofAragon

Yes, that is why my name here is Victoria.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #821 on: May 08, 2019, 04:06:42 pm »
Baby Sussex will be known as Master Archie! Harry and Meghan name their new son Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor as they take him to meet the Queen (but he won't have a royal title)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7006803/Prince-Harry-Meghan-reveal-newborn-son-called-Archie.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #822 on: May 08, 2019, 04:44:41 pm »
Naming it Mountbatten-Windsor is a tribute to great grandfather. That’s nice. I am on the fence with Archie but I like Harrison. I know the name will grow on me and I’ll really like it in a few hours..

We have never had a Prince or King Archie. So that’s really neat

Welcome to the world baby Archie

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #823 on: May 08, 2019, 04:53:03 pm »
@Freya

Yes, that’s her!  Elizabeth’s grandmother.  Her dollhouse is incredible.  The little cars have tiny gasoline engines that work, and the tiny bottles in the wine cellar contained real wine. 

That first grandson, the one who died, was weird.  RIP, but once Mary got to know him, she was apprehensive about the marriage.  She and George V were a much better match.

According to this book, the kleptomaniac thing was a misconception or possibly started by resentful shopkeepers who hid valuable items if they knew she was coming.  She was very much into cataloguing and organizing the treasures in the royal storehouses, to the point that many furnishings at Windsor castle and Buckingham Palace have labels on the back, in her handwriting, with information about each piece.  If she saw an item in an antique shop which she believed was originally part of the royal collection, she would ask that it be returned, lol.

I’ve read several Alison Weir books, but it’s been a while and I’ll bet she’s written more since then.  I should check.  Who’s Lady Frazier?  You recommend?

She wrote a very good bio of every King and Queen since Edward the Confessor and  William the Conquerer to the present Queen. It’s readable and fascinating and a great book to have as a guide. I also have her books on Charles II, Cromwell, The Warrior Queens. Her most famous book is The Weaker Vessel

Here’s her bio she lead a very interesting life

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antonia_Fraser

Offline libertybele

« Reply #824 on: May 08, 2019, 06:20:31 pm »
Someone mentioned that they will be moving to Africa.  Good for them. Baby won't have a royal name anyways and Harry is far down the line with little chance of ever being seated. 

Enough of them already.

I much prefer hearing about William and Kate.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.