Author Topic: Royal Happenings  (Read 327262 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

Royal Happenings
« on: May 17, 2018, 02:04:15 pm »
Royal Wedding countdown: One day to go until Harry and Meghan marry and her dad still wants to fly over
9 News/Australia, May 17, 2018

THEY'RE HERE!

09:09

Meghan and Harry have arrived at Windsor Castle!

The happy couple drove up the Long Walk in a Range Rover as hundreds of people - and a huge media contingent - looked on.

The prince gave a customary royal wave, while the bride-to-be sat next to him in the car.

They are at the castle to run through the final bits and pieces for the big day on Saturday.

Live updates herehttps://www.9news.com.au/national/2018/05/17/20/12/royal-wedding-2018-prince-harry-meghan-live-coverage-blog-thursday

« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 09:26:03 pm by TomSea »

Online Right_in_Virginia

Re: Royal Happenings
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2018, 02:06:41 pm »
@TomSea .... Can you "sticky" this?   It should keep us busy for a few days.   ^-^

@mystery-ak
@Freya
@CatherineofAragon

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2018, 02:19:15 pm »
How to watch the royal wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle
USA Today, May 16, 2018

Americans will have no trouble finding Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's royal wedding playing on a screen nearby on Saturday. The real difficulty will be in avoiding it for those surly few who can't stand weddings or royals or both.

But that lot can take themselves off to the wilderness with no Wi-Fi; everybody else will settle themselves in front of their tellys or devices very early in the morning to consume gallons of tea, nosh on crumpets and marvel at the ceremonial magic the British will conjure from the 948-year-old ramparts of Windsor Castle.

More than 2 billion people around the world watched the 2011 wedding of Prince William and the former Kate Middleton at Westminster Abbey in London, according to leading British wedding planning app Bridebook.

ABC

Good Morning America leads off the day with a five-hour edition, with Robin Roberts and David Muir hosting the live coverage starting at 5 a.m. ET/2 PT from Windsor. (An additional hour of GMA will air at 7 a.m. PT for the West Coast.)

The network's news magazine, 20/20, will cover the nuptials with hour-long specials on Friday and Saturday at 10 ET/7 PT,  with Muir anchoring and correspondent Deborah Roberts reporting from Windsor.

BBC America

The U.S. version of the United Kingdom's "The Beeb," the cable channel will air the wedding live as a direct simulcast of BBC One’s coverage, starting at 4:15 a.m ET/1:15 PT). An encore presentation of the wedding will air at 10 p.m. ET/7 PT.

Royal wedding: What we know about who's coming, who's not

BBC World News

BBC’s international 24-hour news service on Saturday will air the BBC’s wedding coverage starting at midnight ET/9 p.m. PT Friday with pre-wedding content.

Coverage of the wedding will start at 5 a.m. ET/2 PT, when BBC World News will join BBC One's coverage. Then, starting at 9 a.m. ET/6 PT, coverage will continue with a BBC News special about the wedding. 

CNN

Live coverage will begin from Windsor at 4 a.m. ET/1 PT, anchored by Anderson Cooper, Alisyn Camerota and Don Lemon along with CNN’s royal correspondent, Max Foster, plus royal commentators Victoria Arbiter and Kate Williams, royal biographer Sally Bedell Smith and fashion expert Joe Zee.

The network even signed up a new commentator, Boston University dean Harvey Young, who was Markle’s theater professor at Northwestern University.

CNN’s coverage will be simulcast across CNN/U.S., CNN International and HLN. The coverage will replay at 8 p.m. ET/5 PT on Saturday and on HLN at 3 p.m. ET/noon PT.

More:  https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2018/05/16/how-watch-royal-wedding-prince-harry-and-meghan-markle/599352002/

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2018, 02:22:51 pm »
Royal wedding 2018: Thousands watch Windsor dress rehearsal for Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's nuptials
Evening Standard/UK, May 17, 2018

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle were the only key figures missing from a dress rehearsal in Windsor today ahead of the royal wedding.

Thousands of people turned out to get a flavour of how Saturday will unfold, when the newlyweds head on a 25-minute carriage ride through the town.

Some 250 members of the armed forces are expected to take part in Saturday's festivities, and Thursday's dry run gave organisers a chance to put some finishing touches to the event.

Roads around Windsor were closed as wellwishers basked beneath blue skies and beaming sunshine - weather that is expected to stay around for the weekend.

More:  https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/royal-wedding-2018-thousands-watch-windsor-dress-rehearsal-for-meghan-markle-and-prince-harrys-a3841566.html

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2018, 02:33:59 pm »
Meghan Markle confirms her father won't attend royal wedding
CNN, May 17, 2018

London (CNN) — The American actress Meghan Markle has confirmed that her father, Thomas Markle, will not attend her wedding to Britain's Prince Harry on Saturday.

Her statement ends days of speculation over the 73-year-old's health, and a controversy over whether he staged a series of paparazzi-style photographs.

"Sadly, my father will not be attending our wedding. I have always cared for my father and hope he can be given the space he needs to focus on his health," Meghan Markle said in a statement provided by Kensington Palace Thursday.

"I would like to thank everyone who has offered generous messages of support. Please know how much Harry and I look forward to sharing our special day with you on Saturday."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/17/europe/meghan-markle-father-royal-wedding-intl/index.html

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2018, 02:52:47 pm »
What a bunch of nonsense over some ne'er do well and his trailer trash broad.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2018, 03:00:33 pm »
What a bunch of nonsense over some ne'er do well and his trailer trash broad.

Of course it is ... and this is what makes it such delightful entertainment!!   :laugh:

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2018, 03:09:33 pm »
I love all the pageantry...but I am not getting up at 4am to watch it..I am sure I'll have plenty of opportunities to see it all
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2018, 06:19:27 pm »
Meghan Markle's half-sister, Samantha Grant, 'injured in car crash' after 'confrontation with paparazzi'
The Telegraph/UK, May 17, 2018

Meghan Markle's half-sister, Samantha Grant, is reported to have been taken to hospital after being involved in a car crash following an alleged confrontation with paparazzi photographers.

The 53-year-old is said to have hit the vehicle's windscreen, suffering a broken ankle and fracturing her knee near her home in Florida on Wednesday.

Ms Grant's partner, named as Mark by celebrity gossip website TMZ, said their car hit a concrete barrier after attempting to avoid a photographer.

He told the website the incident happened near a toll booth, where he claimed a photographer veered in front of the couple's vehicle, leading him to swerve.

More:  https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/05/16/meghan-markles-half-sister-reported-hospital-car-crash/?li_source=LI&li_medium=li-recommendation-widget

They've got to have the Queen on a valium drip by now.   :laugh:

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2018, 07:05:25 pm »
The 53-year-old is said to have hit the vehicle's windscreen, suffering a broken ankle and fracturing her knee near her home in Florida on Wednesday.

What position was she in, to get those injuries from the windscreen?   :cool:
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2018, 08:14:45 pm »
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2018, 12:21:26 am »
I'd forgotten all about Sarah ....  :laugh:

Motherly love! Fergie and Princess Beatrice share a warm hug after leaving London hotel - as the Duchess of York prepares to re-enter the royal fold at Harry and Meghan's wedding
Daily Mail/UK, May 17, 2018

There's been controversy over Prince Harry and Meghan's wedding guest list - with some members of the royal family failing to receive an invitation.

But one person who has made the guest list is Sarah Ferguson, after Harry fought to have her included.

Harry and Meghan's guest list has caused some raised eyebrows, with junior members of the royal family believed to be missing out on an invite.  ...

However, the Duchess of York is believed to have made the guest list, despite not being invited to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's wedding in 2011. 

Harry is understood to have personally intervened to make sure Prince Andrew's ex-wife had an invitation to his wedding, along with the reception afterwards.

However, Fergie is understood to have been upset at not having received an invitation to the more intimate evening reception at Frogmore House.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5741349/Sarah-Ferguson-Princess-Beatrice-share-warm-hug-leaving-London-hotel.html#ixzz5FoATgdMQ

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2018, 03:22:04 am »
A few days after the wedding, next week, maybe we can go into the "modify" function and just call this thread the "Royal Happenings" thread as was suggested. Bing, as shown in the other thread, has a whole section of news just on "The Royals". But until later.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2018, 03:35:49 am »
A few days after the wedding, next week, maybe we can go into the "modify" function and just call this thread the "Royal Happenings" thread as was suggested. Bing, as shown in the other thread, has a whole section of news just on "The Royals". But until later.

Change it to whatever you'd like, whenever you'd like @TomSea   

« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 12:21:07 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2018, 04:46:11 am »
Trump and Melania reveal their wedding gift to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/white-house/trump-and-melanias-royal-wedding-gift-to-prince-harry-and-meghan-markle

Yeah. Quite a list of "Charities" the President and First Lady had to choose from.....

The organizations chosen by the British prince and his American fiancee include the Children's HIV Association, Crisis, the Myna Mahila Foundation, Scotty's Little Soldiers, StreetGames, Surfers Against Sewage, and the Wilderness Foundation UK, per Kensington Palace.

Surfers Against Sewage is a favorite of mine right next to Skateboarders Against Scoliosis.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2018, 04:48:57 am »

What would be even better is if after a few days of the wedding we change this thread title to "Lifestyles of the Welfare Class" and put it in "Romney/Ryan on the Campaign Trail" section.

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2018, 12:17:57 pm »
Never mind that we fought against them...
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2018, 01:55:56 pm »
Prince Charles to walk Meghan down aisle at royal wedding
https://www.circa.com/story/2018/05/18/hollywood/meghan-markle-prince-harry-royal-wedding-prince-charles-to-walk-actress-down-aisle-after-father-thomas-markle-falls-ill

By ASSOCIATED PRESS
3 Hours Ago

WINDSOR, England (AP) — Prince Charles will walk Meghan Markle down the aisle at the royal wedding — stepping in after the father of the bride fell ill just days before the ceremony.

Kensington Palace said Friday that Markle's future father-in-law, the heir to the British throne, would walk the American actress down the aisle at St. George's Chapel in Windsor for her wedding to Prince Harry. The palace says he "is pleased to be able to welcome Ms. Markle to the Royal Family in this way."
Support the USO

Silver Pines

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2018, 11:01:48 pm »
I love all the pageantry...but I am not getting up at 4am to watch it..I am sure I'll have plenty of opportunities to see it all

@mystery-ak

I'm going to record it, but we're having a nonstop monsoon here and chances are the Directv signal will screw up.  I'll probably have to watch it online.  Is anyone going to be watching here, live?

@Freya
@Right_in_Virginia

Silver Pines

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2018, 11:03:03 pm »

Silver Pines

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2018, 11:05:39 pm »
I'd forgotten all about Sarah ....  :laugh:

@Right_in_Virginia

:whistle:

This trashy Markle crew is making her look good in comparison.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2018, 11:07:52 pm »
@mystery-ak

I'm going to record it, but we're having a nonstop monsoon here and chances are the Directv signal will screw up.  I'll probably have to watch it online.  Is anyone going to be watching here, live?

@Freya
@Right_in_Virginia

I'll be watching. I'm so sad with today's news I NEED a wedding
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2018, 11:14:17 pm »
@mystery-ak

@Freya
@Right_in_Virginia

I hate watching and posting..I always miss so much...I'm not sure what time I am getting up..
Support the USO

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2018, 11:19:29 pm »
I hate watching and posting..I always miss so much...I'm not sure what time I am getting up..

After it's over let's just post photos like we do in the FLOTUS thread
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Silver Pines

« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2018, 11:23:10 pm »
I'll be watching. I'm so sad with today's news I NEED a wedding

@Freya

It's going to be fun.  What do you want to see the most?  Me: the dress.