Author Topic: Royal Happenings  (Read 327212 times)

Offline mountaineer

Re: Royal Happenings
« Reply #750 on: March 02, 2019, 12:23:27 am »
Article on Meghan's baby shower in NYC. 
Hard to imagine why anyone thought she needed a baby shower, let alone a $500,000 one.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #751 on: March 03, 2019, 02:08:22 pm »
Hard to imagine why anyone thought she needed a baby shower, let alone a $500,000 one.

I'm pretty sure that Kate had one, but not that expensive.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #752 on: March 04, 2019, 09:24:59 pm »
Prince Harry Makes a Somber Appearance as He Pays Tribute to Victims of Tunisia Attacks
March 4, 2019    by Kelsie Gibson

Prince Harry paid tribute to the victims of the Tunisia attacks as he attended a memorial on Monday. The royal made a solo appearance in Birmingham as he attended a dedication ceremony of the official memorial. The memorial contains a sculpture called "Infinite Wave," which symbolizes the British nationals killed in the Bardo Museum attack in March 2015 and the Sousse attack in June 2015. During his visit, Harry spent some time with some of the families affected by the attacks as he chatted with them and took a few photos.

Read more at:  https://www.popsugar.com/celebrity/Prince-Harry-Sousse-Bardo-Memorial-March-2019-45870692

I'm thinking in the neighborhood of Brits killed in that attack numbered in the general area of 30,  I think the number was higher. I'm not sure if this article says.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #754 on: April 04, 2019, 03:19:07 pm »
The Queen bans Meghan Markle from wearing Crown jewels
https://pagesix.com/2019/04/04/the-queen-bans-meghan-markle-from-wearing-crown-jewels/?_ga=2.76620562.64421701.1554309747-2099665814.1540681185

This news please me.   88devil

FTA:

The senior source added: “The Queen likes Meghan personally but this is about the hierarchy. She is showing that maintaining the correct order and precedence within the family is important. Even if Meghan is the most popular woman in the world, she is of a lower rank than Kate.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #755 on: April 04, 2019, 03:21:30 pm »
Kate will be Queen one day and Meghan will still be a Duchess....
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #756 on: April 12, 2019, 01:18:30 am »

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Are Keeping the Birth of Their Royal Baby Private

By Jamie Ducharme
April 11, 2019

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s first child is due in just weeks — but the public will have to wait a little longer than that to catch a glimpse of the royal baby.

The prince and the Duke and Duchess of Sussex announced via Buckingham Palace Thursday that they will keep their birth plan private, and will publicly reveal details of the birth only after they’ve celebrated together.

http://time.com/5568479/meghan-markle-private-birth-plan/

I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #757 on: April 12, 2019, 01:20:28 am »

Looks like somebody's pouting...
I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

« Reply #759 on: April 28, 2019, 10:12:44 pm »
Meghan Markle 'felt sorry' for sister-in-law Kate after she posed for photos in high heels and dress just hours after giving birth, claims friend
Daily Mail/UK, Apr 27, 2019

The Duchess of Sussex is said to have 'felt sorry' for sister-in-law Kate Middleton after she posed for photos looking fresh-faced outside the Lindo Wing.

Meghan Markle is expected to give birth to her first child in the coming days and will snub the traditional photo call outside the royal's favourite maternity ward.

Friends have said this may be because the 37-year-old does not want the fuss of having to put on a show and dress up just hours after giving birth.

Speaking to The Post the source said the perfectly polished look had put Meghan off the much sought after photo shoot following the birth, especially after Kate Middleton had emerged looking immaculate following the birth of Prince Louis.

Meghan and Harry have previously released a statement informing members of the public that they would be doing things their way, when it comes to raising their first child.

It read: 'Their Royal Highnesses have taken a personal decision to keep the plans around the arrival of their baby private.

'The Duke and Duchess look forward to sharing the exciting news with everyone once they have had an opportunity to celebrate privately as a new family.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6967489/Meghan-Markle-felt-sorry-Kate-posed-photos-high-heels-dress.html

« Reply #760 on: April 28, 2019, 10:16:01 pm »
Woe to the photographer who snaps an image of Meghan before she's ready.   :smokin:

« Reply #761 on: May 01, 2019, 01:57:27 am »
Kate is granted the Queen's highest seal of approval as she's made a Dame Grand Cross of the Royal Victorian Order on her eighth wedding anniversary
Daily Mail, Apr 29, 2019

•Kate, 37, has been bestowed the honour which is personally made by the Queen
•It's likely to be in recognition of the Duchess's work as member of the monarchy
•The announcement comes on her eighth wedding anniversary to Prince William
•A Dame Grand Cross is highest rank in the Order and the equivalent of a Knight
•Queen gifted Camilla the same wedding anniversary honour back in 2012

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-6973085/Kate-Dame-Grand-Cross-Royal-Victorian-Order-eight-wedding-anniversary.html 

« Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 02:11:27 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #762 on: May 01, 2019, 11:06:37 am »
Huzzah for Kate!
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #763 on: May 01, 2019, 12:02:25 pm »
I hope I’m still alive to see Kate’s coronation. 

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #764 on: May 01, 2019, 02:09:29 pm »
I hope I’m still alive to see Kate’s coronation.

Me too, @QueenCatofAragon

But right now I’m on baby watch. Come on Megan! push it out! We are waiting! (cue Tom Petty)

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #765 on: May 01, 2019, 03:46:20 pm »
Me too, @QueenCatofAragon

But right now I’m on baby watch. Come on Megan! push it out! We are waiting! (cue Tom Petty)

@Freya

I read this morning that she’s overdue!

Wonder when we’ll get any details...

« Reply #766 on: May 01, 2019, 11:59:14 pm »
Princess Charlotte turns four tomorrow.  Here's Charlotte (L) and her mom at about the same age---

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #767 on: May 03, 2019, 12:13:52 pm »
About a week ago, Twitter went crazy over news that was supposedly leaked to the British press that William had an affair with one of Kate’s friends.  I don’t know what to make of the story.  At first I thought it was tabloid gossip.  Then the story was confirmed in detail by a few people who know/write about the royals.  One of them said the affair has been common knowledge for a while among the upper class in England.  And it seems to be an agreed-upon point that the woman in the affair was the one who leaked.

Last night I found a long article which goes deep into the allegations.  A couple of the things claimed seem kind of odd, and they’re pointed out in the comments.  There are also comments from people who work for British publications that have been gagged by the Palace.  They say the affair has been known for a while.

Should I post the link to the article?  Yeah, it’s gossip but it’s interesting.  The royals are in the end real people and no one ever knows what goes on in a marriage.  Considering that William grew up with both parents screwing around on each other, I guess it wouldn’t be a huge surprise if he learned it from them.

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #768 on: May 03, 2019, 11:39:47 pm »
I read that also.  A tweet linked to an article in a US publication (US weekly?).  It also mentioned that the UK press was gagged, but someone must have leaked to a US publication.  I wondered if Meghan told a friend (who told a friend etc) who told the publication.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #769 on: May 04, 2019, 12:01:19 am »
About a week ago, Twitter went crazy over news that was supposedly leaked to the British press that William had an affair with one of Kate’s friends.  I don’t know what to make of the story.  At first I thought it was tabloid gossip.  Then the story was confirmed in detail by a few people who know/write about the royals.  One of them said the affair has been common knowledge for a while among the upper class in England.  And it seems to be an agreed-upon point that the woman in the affair was the one who leaked.

Last night I found a long article which goes deep into the allegations.  A couple of the things claimed seem kind of odd, and they’re pointed out in the comments.  There are also comments from people who work for British publications that have been gagged by the Palace.  They say the affair has been known for a while.

Should I post the link to the article?  Yeah, it’s gossip but it’s interesting.  The royals are in the end real people and no one ever knows what goes on in a marriage.  Considering that William grew up with both parents screwing around on each other, I guess it wouldn’t be a huge surprise if he learned it from them.

@QueenCatofAragon  yes please post a link.. I saw a few stories on this on UKMail...was hoping it was all false.
Support the USO

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #770 on: May 04, 2019, 01:56:23 am »

Here it is.  Even if it’s not true, it’s kind of an interesting glimpse into these folks’ private lives.  I think William’s nobility friends must be jerks.

https://www.royalfoibles.com/prince-williams-banished-mistress/

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #771 on: May 04, 2019, 01:43:29 pm »
OOPS!

I thought this would be about the Obombers.

Sorry.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #772 on: May 04, 2019, 02:49:45 pm »

Queen gave 'Meghan a dressing down' for scolding Windsor Castle staff over egg-free macrobiotic dishes for the royal wedding, author claims

Hayley Richardson
May 3, 2019

Meghan Markle received stern words from the Queen following a row over egg, a royal author has claimed.

The Duchess of Sussex, 37, travelled to Windsor Castle ahead of her wedding to Prince Harry, 34, last May to test some of the food that was going to be served at the reception.

Author Katie Nicholl told how the former actress had insisted on there being a 'macrobiotic alternative' for some of the Hollywood star guests who follow the diet which derives from Zen Buddhism.

Read more at:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-6988803/amp/Meghan-Markle-received-dressing-Queen-following-heated-row-EGG-Windsor-Castle.html

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #773 on: May 05, 2019, 12:11:19 pm »
@Freya

I read this morning that she’s overdue!

Wonder when we’ll get any details...

Waiting. BBC store is now selling both pink, blue and white souvenir mugs.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #774 on: May 06, 2019, 01:10:49 pm »
She’s in labor! Baby alert!

@QueenCatofAragon